BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mypa-47 V Rovers

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-0, clean sheet, away goal, and at ewood it is all over for them - even if we played our reserve team.

As others have said - 18 months ago we would of been worried about losing this one with our european record, but not with Hughes. We started brightly, got the goal and then played at thier level, whilst still controlling the game. Job done!

Worrying point for me was Ooijer - he was so slow that the grass was growing infront of him. He was terrible and full back is a Big no-no for him! Please god dont play him there at weekend - unless of course we can fill him up on red-bull before the game!

Dunn looked decent and is improving, Cruz finish was superb and Derbs looked interested when given his chance. Samba & Nelsen are settling well together and Warnock & Savage had plenty of Energy also.

Garbage game but what a brilliant craic for the fans.

Did you hear us??

Oh yes I did. It is quite disconcerting when fans chant my name twice but the manager's once.

Time to see if I really can hear my name behing chanted on the telly. Various text messages to me would suggest so.

And no, I don't have a rug.

I watched the game live and thought we were good for the win but there was some problems. Bently and Pedersons crosses were pretty poor and to be fair no striker on earth could have scored from most of the supply. Santa was great making good space and having nice touches and the goal was lovely. As soon as he started running with that ball I knew it would be a goal. The opposition defended quite deep and left one man up by himself with the midfield breaking with pace on the counter. Dunn had a couple of pops at goal and looked ok and Savage chased everyone around like a dog after the ball. That right back needs to go though for us and Bert MK2 needs to come back on, after this game I am sure that will happen. MH was not looking too happy at times and I saw him yelling his head off and waving his arms in disgust at some parts of the game.

I think what happened was that Blackburn thought they would just knock the ball around and Mypa would bow down and let us score. Mypa was up for this and they tried thier best to play and looked good at some parts. I think we should use Tugs like a baseball closing pitcher, at the end of the game (last 15 if we are winning) we should bring him on to spray the ball around the park and try to pick up an extra goal and just tire out the opposition, keeping the ball. We should also give Dunn time to get match sharpness back as he looked pretty good at times and looke like he wanted to score. Samba and Nelson need a little more time together and they will be strong, Mypa tried to break through in Samba's position a few times and he was up for it. Our left back is looking good and he chases people when he looses the ball and plays well off Gamst.

All in all pretty good and it is still early, we will get better and work more as a team. Bring on the Arse!

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Aug 16 2007, 18:11 ) 538232[/snapback]
some daft songs happening... theres one where livin on a prayer is replaced by nelsen and ooijer

Ha ha that sounds brilliant. Anyone tell us the rest of it?

Welcome from Helsinki the morning after the night before. Absolutely shattered.

We found a Blanket in a bus station on Wednesday night and ended up carrying it around with us. We then took it into a night club placed it in the middle of a packed dance floor and have a bentley esq dance off. It then got taken to the game and we were chucking it about until John Newsham nicked it

RUG RUG RUG RUG RUG RUG

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Aug 16 2007, 18:11 ) 538232[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->some daft songs happening... theres one where livin on a prayer is replaced by nelsen and ooijer

Ha ha that sounds brilliant. Anyone tell us the rest of it?

Jordan sings it when he crashes the end of the interview of Rich in the link that Rover from Finland posted.

What a nice chap! Double-barrell name too. Wonder if he posts on here?

That would be me then. I don't post much but regularly view the site. Got collared to do this interview at half time amazed it makes sense considering how much of the local Koff and Piri i'd drunk the previous two days.

Game could've been a lot better but had a good time and we shouldn't have any problems getting through to the next round.

p.s. Did you lot get your rug back or has John Newsham kept it?

That would be me then. I don't post much but regularly view the site. Got collared to do this interview at half time amazed it makes sense considering how much of the local Koff and Piri i'd drunk the previous two days.

Game could've been a lot better but had a good time and we shouldn't have any problems getting through to the next round.

p.s. Did you lot get your rug back or has John Newsham kept it?

John took it home for his wife! <_<

Jordan sings it when he crashes the end of the interview of Rich in the link that Rover from Finland posted.

:lol: So he does, he's got a lovely voice.

I wonder if he knows that website described him as a "Brittifani".

Seems quite apt.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Aug 18 2007, 17:04 ) 538852[/snapback]
I'm told that Blankey is now in Amsterdam on its way home

I hope to god somebody washes it, as it bloody stinks.

gallery_43_10852.jpg

More pics up on the Gallery now - as are the ones from Vetra away.

I've heard that Blankey is now back in England safe and well! I hope that Barker washes him I miss him so much.

Archived