BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mypa-47 V Rovers

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beat Mypa. Win the first qualifiying round. And join Ajax in a group. Rovers @ Amsterdam again, me watching the two teams I love. My dream.

Getting beaten by Slavia Praha (WHO?! yes, Slavia Praha...) could have one big advantage. And Rovers will flush away the bad taste that's here tomorrow!

Don't think we should approach the game as if it is a foregone conclusion, however, we do have players who could be thrown in at the deep end should injuries occur & this is a perfect game for them to have a chance/keep match sharpness up whilst we maintain a strong team.

Friedel (Gk)

Emerton (Rb)

Warnock (Lb)

Nelsen (Cb) - Gives him a competitive game while under domestic suspension

Ooijer (Cb) - Gives him another game & keeps Samba free from injury

Bentley (Rm) - Gives him a chance to shine ahead of England squad announcement tomorrow

Peter (Lm) - A run out to see if he has what it takes to cover Pedersen

Mokoena (Cm) - Deserves a start, in for Sav

Tugay (Cm) - Should start, although Dunn needs games to continue with his fitness

McCarthy (St) - Needs to get a goal, not scored since Vetra, confidence booster

Rigters (St) - Lets see if he is up to it in a competitive game, THIS SELECTION I THINK IS A MUST

Subs : Brown, Khisanishvili, Samba, Roberts, Dunn, Treacy, Derbyshire

Don't think we should approach the game as if it is a foregone conclusion, however, we do have players who could be thrown in at the deep end should injuries occur & this is a perfect game for them to have a chance/keep match sharpness up whilst we maintain a strong team.

Friedel (Gk)

Emerton (Rb)

Warnock (Lb)

Nelsen (Cb) - Gives him a competitive game while under domestic suspension

Ooijer (Cb) - Gives him another game & keeps Samba free from injury

Bentley (Rm) - Gives him a chance to shine ahead of England squad announcement tomorrow

Peter (Lm) - A run out to see if he has what it takes to cover Pedersen

Mokoena (Cm) - Deserves a start, in for Sav

Tugay (Cm) - Should start, although Dunn needs games to continue with his fitness

McCarthy (St) - Needs to get a goal, not scored since Vetra, confidence booster

Rigters (St) - Lets see if he is up to it in a competitive game, THIS SELECTION I THINK IS A MUST

Subs : Brown, Khisanishvili, Samba, Roberts, Dunn, Treacy, Derbyshire

Agreed - Sparky needs to shake it up and give some fringe players a chance whilst saving legs for Sunday

Get the game (and tie) won first, then we can worry about playing the fringe players after. Still think we can progress, but would like a convincing performance that leads into the Man City game on the Sunday. Would like to see how Rigters is progressing though.

This has to be a formality. We can't slip up in this one surely, can we?

Trelleborgs anyone? :blink:

Rovers must take this game seriously, play a strong team & hopefully get a good early lead then maybe blood a few of the fringe players later on in the game.

The UEFA cup (or being in it) is very important for Rovers this year.

Team prediction:

Friedel - Emerton, Samba, Nelsen, Warnock - Bentley, Mokoena, Tugay, Gamst - Roberts, Benni Mac

Subs: Brown, Ooijer, Gallagher, Rigters, Derbyshire, Olsson, Dunn

hopefully we've killed the tie before half time and bring on Olsson, Derbyshire and Rigters for Warnock, Bentley(or Gamst) and Benni Mac.

Score prediction:

Rovers 7 - 0 MyPa

Benni 6, 35

Roberts 47, 76

Derbyshire 51

Rigters 86

Nelsen 89

Att: 12,451

That will do for me :rover:

Cant go to this now unfortunatly because of work, should be back just in time to watch it on 5 though.

Fancy us to put this to bed early, get a 2-0 lead at half time and introduce some squad players like Rigters etc for the second half.

3-0 Rovers, attendance 12,000

Archived