BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mypa-47 V Rovers

just on coach back.

everything was just like a preseason game

all went flat after the rug got confiscated.

some daft songs happening... theres one where livin on a prayer is replaced by nelsen and ooijer

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the lack of a fitness coach showing itself amongst the Rovers players, for me they looked mentally sloppy and as for Dunn and Roberts, i hope Hughesy gets the opportunity to sell them on before the deadline comes into force.

Rovers desperately need a quality central midfielderto give the team and the club a boost.

In terms of the scoreline it was an acceptable result.

In terms of the performance we were excellent for the first half hour, but you could see the performance level tapering off as half time approached and I thought we were awful second half. Good job we were playing such mediocre opposition.

The main reason for this I thought was that we played at a tremendous tempo in the opening spell which My Pa couldn't live with but that went by the board second half perhaps due to

a) complacency

B ) not being able to keep the pace up in the prevailing temperature or

c) Saving themselves for Arsenal

Santa Cruz seemed to tire badly second half, but the things he did do, especially his goal were top drawer. Actually thought Dunn played pretty well, Savage isn't quite back at his best yet following his broken leg, and I don't think Tugay will be able to show anything like his best form with the odd 20 minutes here and there.

Thought that Ooijer was pretty poor and Bentley had an absolute stinker by his normal standards. MGP had a good first half but went completely AWOL in the second.

Mark Hughes will probably be frustrated because after the start it was a game we should have won comfortably allowing us to rest players and experiment for the second leg. As it is we'll have to take it a lot more seriously.

This performance for me was consistant with the one i witnessed against Preston, and by all accounts very similar to the Boro game, victories non the less, but still the same question marks, which IF they could be addressed Rovers would really would be a force to be reckoned with .

and as for Dunn i hope Hughesy gets the opportunity to sell them on before the deadline comes into force.

Rovers desperately need a quality central midfielderto give the team and the club a boost.

My, what a surprise, who'd have ever thought it?

:rolleyes:

as for Dunn and Roberts, i hope Hughesy gets the opportunity to sell them on before the deadline comes into force.

I thought dunn was spot on in the first half. Only thing he could have done better was to finish that late first half chance. They setup very defensively and forced us to play it wide, which we didn't do well enough.

I agree we need a CM but i don't think we should be looking to remove Dunn from our midfield options. I still think reid is the answer but the question has changed slightly with his latest injury setback.

1 poor performance and dunn and roberts need to be sold..they didnt play brilliant but neither did pedersen, bentley, ooijer-should we get rid of them???

however i would like another central midfielder, id like to see dunn coming off the bench more then starting games..

So far myself and RevidgeBlue are the only ones that think Oiijer was poor tonight. I'm shocked there aren't more that agree. With Emerton on the bench, it really does seem an odd decision to start him.

Don't get me wrong, I think the guy was starting to settle and hit some form before his leg break last season, but that was at centre back. I don't think he should be starting.

So far myself and RevidgeBlue are the only ones that think Oiijer was poor tonight. I'm shocked there aren't more that agree. With Emerton on the bench, it really does seem an odd decision to start him.

Don't get me wrong, I think the guy was starting to settle and hit some form before his leg break last season, but that was at centre back. I don't think he should be starting.

I don't think it was that odd. Hughes must think he needs games again, to get settled after injury, and what better way than against poorer opposition than the likes of Arsenal. At least we are less likely to get punished from mistakes. Also Emerton was playing with Australia wasn't he? So maybe Hughes wants to give him a little rest.

So far myself and RevidgeBlue are the only ones that think Oiijer was poor tonight.

He was absolutely awful. His distribution was terrible and his pace is non existent. He is not a full back. Centre halves can get away with a shortage of pace but not full backs. They have to be amongst the quickest players on the pitch.

I cannot rem so many bad crosses and passes from a Rovers team in one match. btw When I say bad I mean bad and not just poor.

Sub standard performances so far from too many players who don't appear to realise that the season has started proper. It's easier and quicker to list the players who are doing well than those who are playing poorly..... Derbyshire, Santa Cruz, Freidal definitely and at a pinch Sav, Samba and Nelsen. The rest need a rocket up their arses.

Having said that an away win in Europe even if it's only against a Finnish equivalent of Accy Stanley has got to be gratefully accepted. We will play much better and lose.

Everyone was below par. I thought Dunn got caught in possession on odd occasions but on the whole he put in more effort than most and looked lively in the final third. He's still quite a way off the Dunn we sold.

In the end it was result we have all seen many times by other Premiership teams through the years and not read too much into it then. A scrappy away win at a lesser side. Previously we have slipped up on banana skins, Trelleborgs and Genclerbirligi. We're through essentially, and comfortably. No problems.

Roll on Arsenal where you'll see a far more committed Rovers team.

Poor performance but good result so got to be satisfied.

Really we should have buried the tie and I'm wondering if it may come back to haunt us - in terms of resting players for the return leg. I doubt we'll loose the second leg but that extra game fatigue could cost us in a league or cup game as we can't make wholesale changes with only a 1 goal lead. Even if not in top form we should've got more than one, and a lot of players were way off their best.

Worryingly thats two poor performances, and we really need to step it up if we're to get anything against Arsenal. Agree with the sentiment regarding centre midfield it makes me uneasy - doesn't seem fit or fast enough to me and really don't think Ooijer can pull off this full back lark. Would rather have Zurab giving it a go if Emerton isn't selected.

In terms of the scoreline it was an acceptable result.

In terms of the performance we were excellent for the first half hour, but you could see the performance level tapering off as half time approached and I thought we were awful second half. Good job we were playing such mediocre opposition.

The main reason for this I thought was that we played at a tremendous tempo in the opening spell which My Pa couldn't live with but that went by the board second half perhaps due to

a) complacency

B ) not being able to keep the pace up in the prevailing temperature or

c) Saving themselves for Arsenal

Santa Cruz seemed to tire badly second half, but the things he did do, especially his goal were top drawer. Actually thought Dunn played pretty well, Savage isn't quite back at his best yet following his broken leg, and I don't think Tugay will be able to show anything like his best form with the odd 20 minutes here and there.

Thought that Ooijer was pretty poor and Bentley had an absolute stinker by his normal standards. MGP had a good first half but went completely AWOL in the second.

Mark Hughes will probably be frustrated because after the start it was a game we should have won comfortably allowing us to rest players and experiment for the second leg. As it is we'll have to take it a lot more seriously.

Sorry Rev but your a,b,c theories arent applicable for this game, totally agree about what you say on Cruz, Ooijer, Bentley as for Dunn and MGP totally disagree with your statement.

You tell me what type of opposition would we have to play against for Dunn to have a positive INFLUENCE in a game in a Rovers shirt having watched him for eight months now ?(Hes a championship player now sad to say )

Archived