SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mypa-47 V Rovers

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sarah/jennifer offered to wash it but we didn't recieve it.Gutted. :rolleyes:

Phil/Abdul. :)

If Sarah Jennifer still wants to wash it i can get my hands on it for you! However i have been reliably infromed that he has now had a bath and is safe and well!

Love Steve/Jim/Mark/Abdul :)

Hopefully in the second leg, Hughes will give a start to some of the squad players like Zurab, Tugay, Ritgers and Mokoena. No need in over using the first team players, especially when we have a big game against Man Citeh coming up.

We are only 1-0 up against My Pa and I suspect the reason for Hughes' frustration/anger with the first leg performance is that he has to start Thursday with the full first eleven because we don't have the cushion to muck around with.

I'd expect the seven subs to be a bit of a mix- fringe/youngstaers to come on if we go 2 up on the night and regular squad in case My Pa make it tough for us.

The opposition is not good but they are no mugs.

If we were 1-0 up against SPL opposition going into the home leg, nobody would be advocating throwing the kids into the ring back at Ewood. Remember, My Pa have knocked out an SPL club over two legs in the recent past.

Hopefully in the second leg, Hughes will give a start to some of the squad players like Zurab, Tugay, Ritgers and Mokoena. No need in over using the first team players, especially when we have a big game against Man Citeh coming up.

I can't imagine Hughes even beginning to take that risk. As has been said if we were 3-0 up it would be different. This is a crucial and difficult game, slip up by giving Mypa a goal, fail to score and then face penalties? The UEFA cup is a competition we have started to do well in, we can't afford the luxury of using squad players and risking going out in August.

Team I would go for:

--------Derbyshire---Roberts---

Pedersen--Tugay---Mokoena---Rigters

-Warnock--Nelsen---Samba--Emerton

------------------Freidal

SUbs:

Brown, Ooijer, Dunn, Savage, Bentley, McCarthy, Cruz

If you're resting that many top players you could try Brown in goal? He's only ever come on for us in a big game once but he saved a penalty so I think I trust him. :unsure:

I'm guessing that if Hughes does rest people, it'd be in central midfield, given the amount of ground that Sav and Dunny do cover, and will have to cover against Elano and Geovanni. I be the back 4 stays the same, and as always, the strike force will be a tough challenge to choose. Bentley and MGP should play to start at least, but let Gally and Rigters come on for attack options late on.

Archived