BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

neekoy

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if I don't like Terry much (or at all really), I felt a little bit sorry for him last night when he missed that penalty.

Bayern should have won it in '99, Chelsea should have won it in '08.

Bayern should have won it in '99, Chelsea should have won it in '08.

Yep, they're an adorable pair of clubs, aren't they. So very deserving.

Regarding JT gobbing on Tevez - any video of that going around? Totally missed it during the match.

Terry's spitting incident has been taken off youtube...right after Drogba's red, he and Terry walk toward Tevez and Terry does a good job of lifting his arm up to shield his face right as he spits...then you see Tevez wiping the back of his neck...surprised the media hasn't picked it up, but I guess that would get in the way of how "sympathetic" we should feel for Terry

Anyone else sick to death of Granada reports?

It's supposed to be a regional programme that covers all of the Granada region, not just the red side of Manchester. They cover Man Utd every single evening and the rest - pretty much never.

GITS!

WHAT A GAME!

just goes to show how good the English football is, arguably Man Uniteds best team ever right? but the only just pipped Chelsea and Arsenal in the league, with Chelsea going to the wire...

so the top 2 teams in England face each other in Moscow for the chance to be crowned Champions of Europe....you simply could not decide it between them and at the end of 120 minutes a draw was a fair result.. both teams being strong and unlucky in some cases.. and some great saves from the likes of Cech and great clearances from the likes of Terry, Vidic and Ferdinand..the best two teams in the world, and you could just simply not put nothing between them they were so equally matched over the whole of the game..and what does it take to split the difference between the two teams? a slip from Terry.. now a few of you might give me some stick here..but that is what the difference was between the two teams, a slip from Terry..

Outstanding teams and i felt so sorry for Chelsea and Terry, and anyone that says Ronaldo is a big game bottler or haha because he missed his penalty needs shooting, because if it wasn't for him, not only would they probably not of been there but there, but just take 41 goals away from a team... wouldn't be good would it? and everyone missed penalties now and again, even the best of players.

Amazing teams and any of the two deserved to win it imo.. quality match.

Anyone else sick to death of Granada reports?

It's supposed to be a regional programme that covers all of the Granada region, not just the red side of Manchester. They cover Man Utd every single evening and the rest - pretty much never.

GITS!

If it's any consolation Den it's exactly the same over here with BBC North/ITV Yorkshire and LUFC. All the focus is on them, even they're only in the League 1 play off final, and it's against another Yorkshire club (who might get a name check if they're lucky)! Still, even more reason to hate the white scum ;) .

i cant understand how a striker can take such a shocking penalty as what anelka did.

I know what you are saying but Ronaldo's took the biscuit for being a crap penalty. I'll wager it's the last time we see him stopping on his run up.

I know what you are saying but Ronaldo's took the biscuit for being a crap penalty. I'll wager it's the last time we see him stopping on his run up.

Stopping on your run up used to be illegal didn't it - so have the rules changed or does Ronaldo not have to play to the same rules as everyone else?

I think you're being very harsh Gordon. Footballers are often criticised for not caring enough, and when one is clearly upset to have lost, he gets criticised again.

If you'd just lost in the biggest game of your career for the club you love, and felt you were to blame, I'd hope you'd be upset. I think the last thing on his mind would be - "Oh well, at least I'm on loads of money and I'm not Chinese".

I'm not Terrys biggest fan - but saying he slagging him off for being girly is harsh. He clearly cares what happens to his team - a rarity in the modern game.

It was passion, passion for the club he loves. Terry wears his heart on his sleeve and gives his all everytime he plays.

In the words of Avram Grant after the game:

“He’s Mr Chelsea. He’s Chelsea through and through. He wanted this more than anyone at the club. I just want to say not many centre halves would have stood up and taken the fifth penalty, a penalty of that importance. That’s testament to the man. He’s a man’s man. No one at Chelsea will criticise him at all.”

I think its completley stupid that he is getting so much stick.

You don't half talk some @#/? sometimes theno.

If that had been Rovers in the final last night, and we'd lost on penalties, how many tears would there have been from the fans? You and I know both know there would be plenty. Well, for Terry the emotion would be even worse; that should have been the peak of his club career, scoring the winning penalty for the club he's supported as a boy in the biggest club competition in the world. It's pretty much what everyone one of us dreams of doing for the club we support when we're young, except it went tits up for Terry.

You're one of the first to complain when these over-paid footballers don't give a toss, but equally you're first to complain if they show too much obviously genuine emotion. I'm sure there's a lovely world of sport somewhere for you theno, where the competitors care, but not too much of course...how dare they?!

By your logic the only things any of us can get upset about are the top 2/3 catastrophic world events. I'm pretty sure millions of people in Britain today will have a cry over something not related to things like China, and no doubt you'll be able to tell them all where they're going wrong about it too. :rolleyes:

you an idiot....how many football fans cry when their teams lose,or get relegated or even promoted.Terry showed loads of commitment,passion and energy throughout the game.If it was rovers,we would have all felt bad,and shed some tears.If you have ever played in a final of huge importance,and you lost you would have showed the same emotion as what Terry and the rest of the Chelsea players showed.

so give the guy a break,yes he sometimes pisses me off,but he showed the other side of him.If only some of our players could show that kind of heart and commitment.

:lol:

So exactly how do you girly wirlys think he would react should he get home and find that his entire family and home have disappeared under a hundred tonnes of rubble? :rolleyes:

I shouldn't really have to explain that disappointment not a very public display of angst should be the order of the day. Keep a stiff upper lip, shake your opponent's hand and congratulate them should be the order of things... and especially when you are supposed to be the bloody captain. Then go and applaud BOTH sets of fans for making such a crap journey (and paying your wages to boot!). He's a ponce and proof that National Service should be resumed as quickly as possible. I bet the Russki's p1ssed themselves laughing at him just as much as I/we did.

Stopping on your run up used to be illegal didn't it - so have the rules changed or does Ronaldo not have to play to the same rules as everyone else?

The rules changed a couple years ago.

There's no rule about it now. You can moonwalk up to it and backheel it if you like.

And don't let John Terry's tears hide the fact that he's simply an utter scumbag of the highest order.

aylrn6.gif

If it's any consolation Den it's exactly the same over here with BBC North/ITV Yorkshire and LUFC. All the focus is on them, even they're only in the League 1 play off final, and it's against another Yorkshire club (who might get a name check if they're lucky)! Still, even more reason to hate the white scum ;) .

"Otley welcomes careful drivers"

Don't feel sorry for any of them : they're all overpaid and over-rated tarts.

I thought the general behaviour of the players throughout the match was appalling : constant berating of the referee and dramatic rolling around on the ground after the slightest tackle. It was a dreadful advert for English football ; hopefully the millions watching around the world would realise the worst culprits were foreigners.

The following is not inspired by envy or bigotry towards the big clubs. And the proof is that I can recognise that both Man U and Chelsea played some nice approach play. Ronaldo was exceptional in the first half (although, I think he could have run with the ball more), as was Scholes., Vidic and Ferdinand. Chelsea's midfield got their act together in the second half and, quietly, Saloman Kalou did a excellent job as a sub. (Anelka did a fine impression of Steve McManaman on ENgland duty but hey ho....).

However, I must echo Jim Mk2's point. WHAT A BUNCH OF PETULANT, INSOLENT, EGOTISTICAL, VAIN IDIOTS. Imo, the game was absolutely marred by a commonly disgraceful attitude from most of the players. Like a bunch of chavs, they were mustering 'pseudo-rage' at the slightest provocation. Michael Ballack was striding around like God's gift and involving himself with every dispute with an air of arrogance that incited just a twinge of racism in me. But it wasn't just Ballack, most of them were at it. Owen Hargreaves throwing a tantrum when an accidental arm hits his face (IT'S A CONTACT SPORT YOU BOOB). Joe Cole acting like a beserk toddler to match his game. Drogba - the usual demented bull in a china shop (was he really remonstrating at gravity when he ballooned a free-kick wide?).

I was getting so angst-ridden that Wes Brown's attempts to con thrown ins with fraudulent raised arms was getting my blood boiling. (Although, I suffer from a peculiar disorder which enables me to control my temper and not throw my arms at the nearest human being).

I know. It was the Champions League, the pinnacle, blah-de-blah. But that's no excuse. Nor is it an excuse that this goes on in the Premier League. I know that this wasn't the first or the worst but it was in this hyped game that I realised how the game is sliding into the dregs with these oafs acting like spoilt children. This game made me want to give up following football. I hope this doesn't come across as self-dramatising but I genuinely feel disgusted/despairing at the behaviour of these people. Does it not cast a hint (of course, there is a massive difference between throwing chairs at policemen but the element of tribal aggression...) of legitimacy over football fan thuggery?

There's no rule about it now. You can moonwalk up to it and backheel it if you like.

And don't let John Terry's tears hide the fact that he's simply an utter scumbag of the highest order.

aylrn6.gif

Thanks for providing that clip.

My first impression was that Terry was wiping his nose on Tevez (another horrible individual) but it's obvious now he's trying to hide the fact he's calling the little Argentinian some rather rude words.

Capello was correct to take the England captaincy from this tainted individual : it's not that he's a particularly good defender either, rather like a poor man's Dick Mulvaney.

On Radio 5 they were asking people to phone in and say who they wanted to win. I was tempted to ring and say I wanted neither to win as they are both money grabbing, selfish, arrogant whining, hypocritical bags of crap who have played their part in creating a tedious, predictable league and the destruction of football as a sport.

I hate both teams, and their fans are ____s.

Snap! The very same thoughts went through my mind, except that I wanted to say (most irrationally) that I wanted them both to lose for all the reasons you have listed BC, but with knobs on!! :)

:lol:

So exactly how do you girly wirlys think he would react should he get home and find that his entire family and home have disappeared under a hundred tonnes of rubble? :rolleyes:

I shouldn't really have to explain that disappointment not a very public display of angst should be the order of the day. Keep a stiff upper lip, shake your opponent's hand and congratulate them should be the order of things... and especially when you are supposed to be the bloody captain. Then go and applaud BOTH sets of fans for making such a crap journey (and paying your wages to boot!). He's a ponce and proof that National Service should be resumed as quickly as possible. I bet the Russki's p1ssed themselves laughing at him just as much as I/we did.

Like Bobby Moore would have done and dare I say Glen Keeley,

To many over paid soft lads now!

:rover:

National Service

Death Penalty

Anti-Immigration

thenodrog: Champion of a bygone age

:)

Not if you live in some counties!

ooops miss spelt countries, or was it a Freudiant slip

:rover:

Archived