BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

neekoy

Great start to the new league campaign, early favourites for me are Madrid, they were awesome. Any predictions so far?

Madrid have got to have the strongest squad in the world at the moment. Robben, Robinho and Baptista on the bench, bloody hell. Shows what we will be up against next year when we qualify. :ph34r:

1 Iker Casillas

5 Fabio Cannavaro

12 Marcelo

21 Christoph Metzelder

4 Garcia Sergio Ramos

8 Fernando Gago

14 Jose Maria Guti

23 Wesley Sneijder

20 Gonzalo Higuain

7 Gonzalez Raul

17 Ruud van Nistelrooy

Substitutes

19 Julio Baptista

10 Robinho

15 Royston Drenthe

25 Jerzy Dudek

11 Arjen Robben

2 Michel Salgado

9 Roberto Soldado

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to read that Chelsea had around 15k empty seats last night, makes a change for another club to be getting hammered for poor gates.

Apparently they even lowered ticket prices..........ONLY £36 last night :o

Was listening to the radio on the way to work this am, and such things as it being difficult to park around the bridge was being put forward as an excuse! Wonder if we'd get away with that one..........

I'm going for no British teams to win tonight either, would be a first (I think) if no British team won on a CL group stage round.

I'm sure Rovers and Rangers would have managed that in 95/96 ... or are you referring only to the new format where they let in 4 teams from England and 2 from Scotland?

:rover: the poor gate at stamford bridge is still beyond our premiership gates,well home support anyway :brfc:

If we had a catchment area of 8 million, even allowing for a few other decent sides, we could pull a "few more" in!

For a town of 105k with an asian population of circa 28k, most of whom don't attend footy matches, we don't do too badly. In fact I'd challenge any other club to better it. :brfc:

• 5 months later...
Watching Arsenal playing at the San Siro. They are giving AC a footballing lesson despite the 0-0.

They would be 2 up but for appallingly biased officiating.

Indeed...a couple of the decisions were truly horrific.

Hlebs booking for diving he was looking straight at the incident from five yards away :unsure:

They would be 2 up but for appallingly biased officiating.

After seeing the decisions go against AC in the last few minutes, it seems that pure incompetence is to blame for those errors.

I can see AC going through by a scrappy goal, I hope it doesn't happen though because Arsenal have been fantastic. You can see why Wenger was happy to let Henry go in the summer, Adebayor just oozes class.

After seeing the decisions go against AC in the last few minutes, it seems that pure incompetence is to blame for those errors.

I can see AC going through by a scrappy goal, I hope it doesn't happen though because Arsenal have been fantastic. You can see why Wenger was happy to let Henry go in the summer, Adebayor just oozes class.

The problem is that he oozes class until it comes time to put the ball in the net. (Yes, I know he scored, but he misses a lot of sitters.)

The Austrian officials looked totally out of their depth tonight. Quite rightly, UEFA don't give CL games to Maltese officials but you have to say the football Arsenal and AC were playing tonight is at least one universe removed from what those guys officiate in the Austrian League (I get it free on one of the channels here and the standard is woeful at present).

Archived