BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

neekoy

I think it's very difficult not to feel amazingly sorry for Terry who, despite any indiscretions off the pitch is Chelsea through and through and consistently excellent.

Then his standing leg slips and he misses what would have been the winning penalty in the club's first European Cup final.

Conversely, I don't suppose Anelka, who actually missed the crucial kick will give a flying one, and there was no sign either of Drogba post match.

Probably on the plane to Milan already.

Life is very cruel sometimes.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
, well im sorry but two teams playing 4-5-1 and having a petulant child sent of isn't end to end and very attacking.

I was expecting a boring game all week and for 25 minutes I was right. However once United went in front the game opened up and it was a very entertaining spectacle. Anyone who says otherwise is just biased.

I don't feel that much sympathy for Terry although I do for Lampard after the last few weeks. The game overall was pretty equal with maybe Chelsea deserving it on points. However it wasn;t to be and now most of us have a summer of United fans going on about that great night in Moscow. I suppose every nine years you need reminding why it's Anyone But united.

Chelsea were the best team but didnt have the bottle - just like Ronaldo again.

Felt the ref and his team were poor tonight - they missed alot of deflections/ touches from united players and no wonder Chelsea showed some frustration but its nothing we dont have to put up with so I dont really feel sorry for them.

Congrats to United anyway - over the season they have been the better side and probably deserve it. As for Chelsea - no doubt Drogba 'the brat' is off and I hope for Avrams sake, they dont give him the boot as I think he could build them to be even stronger. Felt more sorry for Frank Lampard than Terry - his miss couldnt of happened to a nicer guy, except for maybe Ronaldo.

Thought Chelsea deserved to win it overall. If only Terry had been wearing proper boots, they should have known not to let a English player take your potential winning penatly.

Thought Chelsea deserved to win it overall. If only Terry had been wearing proper boots, they should have known not to let a English player take your potential winning penatly.

I was screaming that in the pub. They then went on to give a guy with zero confidence the task of slotting one away. It's what they deserve on that basis.

I just enjoyed the occasion.

A titanic battle more than a classic game but only 2 english teams would have produced a final with goals, goal line clearances, crossbar rebounds, shots off the post, red cards and a pen shoot out.

Like I said, I enjoyed it.

The point that made it for me was having our current and former manager, Hughesy and Souness, as analyists for ITV and Sky. Their knowledge and experience must be invaluable to a club like ours. How many other clubs can claim so much talent at their disposal? I have never ceased to be amazed at how our "small" club can attract such people not just as players but as management and coaching staff. As supporters we should be proud of our club and the way it conducts itself. We get so little praise from the media and the talk is of players leaving or our poor disciplinary record. I wish someone would pass comment on our remarkable strengths for a change.

Couldn't really care about the game or who won cause i hate them both though i there were a lot of incidents that went against chelsea and were also unlucky:

1. I thought the referee made some terrible decisions during the game for free kicks and especially corners which were proven by the action replays.

2. So close by hitting the woodwork twice.

3. This giving the ball back need to be addressed. Tevez received the throw in, kicked it in the corner and called over his team mates to box them in. The forth coming aggressive action by the players caused drogba to give vidic a slap to the chops and was given his marching orders. Obviously stupid on drogba's part but if they had just given it back to cech none of this would of happened and drogba could have been the difference overall by winning the game in extra time or even taking a penalty.

4. Terry's slip while stepping up to take the penalty to win the game and missing. Maybe the painted carpet will be now used as an excuse?

All these are ifs and buts though i was glad ronaldo missed his penalty, i think stopping when running to the ball is pure cheating and as for anelka...i think he's a sulking, money grabbing tos#er and will probably be sold for about the 8th big money fee of his career in the summer.

Lucky United. memories of Bayern Munich where Bayern were one up, hit the woodwork twice and united stole it in injury time.

This time chelsea level, hit the woodwork three times and United stole it.

I thought it was a really good game and I'm glad United won. Don't understand how people can like Chelsea more than United. They play inferior football and they have more dicks playing for them.

Anyway, really glad it was John Terry who missed. Would have loved Campard to miss too. Can't stand how he's supposed to be a hero because his Mum died. ###### thing to happen but everyone else has to get on to it too and some of those people are sound.(unlike Campard).

Would have been great if Vidic had knocked Drogba out. Drogba: Strong as an ox but soft as ######...

Don't know what Ronaldo was doing with the penalty but scored another great header and I think he played well...

Didn't really care who won but I nearly p1ssed myself watching John Terry do a creditable impersonation of William Gallas at Brum! :lol: Big girls blouse that he is. 250,000 dead in Burma, 40,000 dead in China and he has a big girly wail. He needs to get to grips with the real world.

btw I strongly suspected Ronaldo would spew it the minute I saw him in the line before he stood forward to take his.

I think it's very difficult not to feel amazingly sorry for Terry .

Life is very cruel sometimes.

Don't feel sorry for any of them : they're all overpaid and over-rated tarts.

I thought the general behaviour of the players throughout the match was appalling : constant berating of the referee and dramatic rolling around on the ground after the slightest tackle. It was a dreadful advert for English football ; hopefully the millions watching around the world would realise the worst culprits were foreigners.

Couldn't agree more. Everyone on here saying it was a brilliant game has become brainwashed by the endless tv hype. I thought it was an appalling spectacle of non-stop cheating and ref-baiting.

And those that are saying it was appalling are following common theme on here that anything involving the top four/Champion's League needs to be slated at any opportunity.

The truth about tonight's match was probably somewhere in between. Although, as far as cup finals go, it had far more action than we've seen in many over the last 5 years or so.

I thought it was a pretty decent game. Both sides attacked- Chelsea had 24 shots although I think the number of effective blocks meant the shots on target were seriously under-counted and both keepers produced memorable saves.

In the build-up to the Cech double save, Rooney's diagonal ball three quarters the length of the pitch which split two Chelsea defenders was the best pass I have seen this season and there were plenty of breath taking moments of awesome ball control.

The ten English-born players also all equipped themselves well and must have given Capello encouragement that England might one day be competitive at an international level again.

Downsides-

the ref and officials got an awful lot of basic throw-ins and corners wrong and they missed two offenses (Scholes aggressive elbow at the start of the clash that seemed to accidentally give him a blooded nose and Evra's arms up attack) which would have resulted in red cards had they chosen to see them

what a brilliant advert (not) for the sporting nature of the English game considering Man U came second in the Fair Play League! And what excellent respect for officials considering Ferguson hung back waiting for the ref at the start of the second half and sternly lectured him as he walked to the touchline

utterly dismal ManU TV commentary on a supposedly neutral channel yet again. Totally overlooked commenting on the Scholes use of the arm and elbow even when it was replayed and a suprised oh look at that when Patrice Evra was replayed thumping his man. Just imagine the enraged indignation if Rovers players were seen doing that! And David Pleat referred to Tevez's "late winner" at Blackburn recently.

I thought it was a great game, and the first game of football in quite a while where I actually sat and enjoyed all 120 minutes.

Chelsea were very unlucky, and I thought they shaded it over the whole game. United should have had it won prior to Chelsea coming back into it.

it helped I think that we didnt give a toss who won or lost.

It was an enjoyable open game with chances for both sides, and as for Englands Brave John Terry TM AHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

not a player I particularly like

Thoroughly enjoyed the game, thought it had everything, especially Ronaldo's and Terry's penalty misses! It certainly served Ronaldo right for being cocky - bit of humble pie for him served nice and hot please - and JT's slip up, one of those things. Couldn't have happened to two nicer guys :unsure:

Also had a chuckle at Scholes and his bleeding nose stuffed up with tissue and cotton wool, and the inevitable bit of handbags HA Drogba you twerp.

Good job there's Euro on the horizon, gotta get my footy fix somehow roll on August.

Don't feel sorry for any of them : they're all overpaid and over-rated tarts.

I thought the general behaviour of the players throughout the match was appalling : constant berating of the referee and dramatic rolling around on the ground after the slightest tackle. It was a dreadful advert for English football ; hopefully the millions watching around the world would realise the worst culprits were foreigners.

Agreed, but a great game. Well done United - anyone but Chelsea, and Makelele needs a kicking.

Archived