BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

neekoy

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Russian skin-head fascists, Russian police fascists, drunken Scousers and arrogant Mancs.

What a melting pot that'll be... :rolleyes:

Nah, seriously, it'll be fine. Russia will be keen to present a good image and heavy handedness will be avoided, no doubt. (Anyway, they save that stuff for new Army recruits.)

I hope yesterday proved to Manchester United fans that Ronaldo isn't the best player in the world. He may well one day be the best, but until he stops freezing in the really big games, he can't surely be classed as the best. Just look at Messi yesterday - he looked a far better player. Ronaldo's not scored in 4 games now, which is his worst run of the season. Is he burned out or just a bottler?

I can't help thinking that tomorrow nights game could be a pivotal moment in English football now if Liverpool get through to the final.

Scenario 1 is the teams put on a great example of football, with passion on and off the pitch and proove the doubters wrong about English football and the fans.

Scenario 2 is the teams play dire football as they are too scared to lose against each other and the fans live up to their reputations and cause trouble, serious trouble and English football is thrown back in to the 70's.

I am not saying that there would not be trouble between Chelski and Man U but surely nothing like the trouble with Liverpool due to the undoubted hatred towards each other.

For Liverpool or Man Utd to beat each other on the biggest club stage in the world would give the victors bragging rights for years to come!

I know this is mostly jumping the gun as there is at least 90 mins of football to be played yet before this becomes a reality, but I am unsure as to who I want to win on Wednesday night, and normally outside of a Blackburn match my alleagance is firmly in Liverpool's camp due to my family consisting of a lot of scousers.

If you were to pick two teams from the history of English football who deserve to be the first teams to compete in the first ever all English final then it would be Liverpool and man u without a shadow of doubt, so I will still be plumping for Liverpool and hoping it all goes smoothly in Moscow.

i cant be doing with the phone in, tvs love in if liverpoo win the cup,they do my head in.It would be nice if whoever wins it that tv do a doccy with the theme tune of pink floyds money just like they did when won the league after they said we bought the league.

I dont often agree with commentaters but they summed messi up yesterday when he said " its like having a real life playstaition 3 player in your team"

The great thing about that was he was quoting Samuel Eto'o. Imagine how great that must feel to be talked about like that by your peers!

I hope yesterday proved to Manchester United fans that Ronaldo isn't the best player in the world. He may well one day be the best, but until he stops freezing in the really big games, he can't surely be classed as the best. Just look at Messi yesterday - he looked a far better player.

I agree - Kaka did it last year and Messi this year.

as for scholes ginger little faggot

Sorry, got to disagree with you on this one.

I was speaking to a couple of colleagues at work today, both come from Oldham

Paul Scholes also comes from Oldham and is an Oldham Athletic fan.

He goes to home & away 'Latics matches when he can. He doesn't talk ballacks to the press or the TV, in fact one of my colleagues said that he had spoken to Scholes more times face to face than he had seen or heard him in the media.

The other colleage mentioned that he was often seen at his local snooker club and you couldn't meet a more down-to-earth bloke.

Scholes has said that when his United playing days are over he'll turn out for 'Latics for no pay.

So, despite him playing for The Red Scum, he does seem to be a decent bloke.

The exception that proves the rule?

Sorry, got to disagree with you on this one.

I was speaking to a couple of colleagues at work today, both come from Oldham

Paul Scholes also comes from Oldham and is an Oldham Athletic fan.

He goes to home & away 'Latics matches when he can. He doesn't talk ballacks to the press or the TV, in fact one of my colleagues said that he had spoken to Scholes more times face to face than he had seen or heard him in the media.

The other colleage mentioned that he was often seen at his local snooker club and you couldn't meet a more down-to-earth bloke.

Scholes has said that when his United playing days are over he'll turn out for 'Latics for no pay.

So, despite him playing for The Red Scum, he does seem to be a decent bloke.

The exception that proves the rule?

He's still ginger though.

Speaking of which, a team with Dirk Kuyt and John Arne Riise in it has no business being anywhere near a Champions League final. The luck ran out for Liverpool tonight, although it could have been very different if it wasn't for Hyppia's extremely heavy touch. Without that we would have been talking about the disallowed Essien goal for years to come.

In spite of all that, Liverpool still had a great chance, but Rafa saw it off. The guy is a clown.

Well that was fun seeing the Scousers knocked out.They couldn't nick a goal at the end.

Now it's North vs South.

I am very much rooting for the north camp, although I do think Chelsea will edge it. They seem to have discovered a certain backbone in the last month or so which has been missing since left.

Well that was fun seeing the Scousers knocked out.They couldn't nick a goal at the end.

Now it's North vs South.

It's more like South Vs South in terms of fanbase.

I couldn't really care less who wins, just hope it's a good game like tonight's was.

I am very much rooting for the north camp, although I do think Chelsea will edge it. They seem to have discovered a certain backbone in the last month or so which has been missing since left.

I'm a diehard ABU (Anyone but United) so Chelski for me.

That said if it had been a final between Manure and Benitez's Liverpool I think I'd want the bloomin thing abandoned!.

Archived