BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

neekoy

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just thinking that last gasp save from Torres by Cech might prove vital over the course of the tie and a minute late Risse planted the ball in his own net. :lol:

Prior to that was going to post how I couldn't understand how Liverpool continually scrape crucial results in Europe.

My favorite line from the Guardian minute by minute report:

"When the Liverpool fans were chanting 'Cheat! Cheat! Cheat!', were they barracking Drogba or trying to cheer on Steven Gerrard?" inquires Simon Jenkins. That's gold.

It's unbelievable that professional footballers with huge wage slips (proven in this case) are so one footed. Why didn't Riise just swing his right boot at it and get it away. It was only about a foot off the flor when he headed it.

It's always funny though when a team scores against Liverpool just as their fans are midway through the 'You'll never walk alone' victory song at the end.

As Jimmy Hill famously pointed out, it was a ball girl. And no I didn't call her....

All I needed to do was say, remember my answer to your gloating was that one day you are going to suffer a season-destroying last minute og.

Didn't need to say anything else because it sounded like the rest of his family were enjoying the moment enormously.

It's unbelievable that professional footballers with huge wage slips (proven in this case) are so one footed. Why didn't Riise just swing his right boot at it and get it away. It was only about a foot off the flor when he headed it.

Absolutely spot on. A player who can only kick with one foot has no place being in a Champions League final.

No they usually only show the highlights after the 1st night. Poor setup!

Nothing much worth watching about tonight. Watched it over the net, Barca dominated, had 65% possession but lacked abit of cutting edge. Ronaldo's penalty miss was however one to watch!

Two very poor games really for the semi finals of the World's foremost club competition.

It's got to the stage really where drawing 0-0 in your home leg is a good result such is the potential value of nicking a goal in the away leg.

1-0 is excellent, 1-1 is a bit of a disaster, 2-1 is only slightly better than 0-0.

Ho - hum.

Guess we'll have to wait for the play off games for a bit of genuine excitement.

Archived