BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

neekoy

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No they usually only show the highlights after the 1st night. Poor setup!

........... Barca dominated, had 65% possession but lacked abit of cutting edge........

73% according to Sky this morning. Obviously United 'got the ball down and passed it' as folk like to say about our game these days. Yeah, right.

No chance. Barcelona have been powder puff. :angry:

Thought Barca were useless. No aggression in their forward play. No determination. Looked like Arsenal on a bad day. All pretty passing and plenty of skill from Messi but absolutely no end product. Couldn't understand why so many Utd fans looked so nervous because once Scholes scored it was all over. Barcelona were never going to score. To let a Utd team without Vidic sit so comfortable at the back is appalling.

I can see 50,000 English people and Moscow meeting in total mutual non-comprehension.

Will be very surprised if Chelsea don't finish the job tomorrow and with Man U having become just a bit vulnerable at the season end, Chelsea will beat them in Moscow as well. All the Russians will be supporting Chelsky of course.

Imagine a 4-5-1 with Messi on the left, Ronaldo on the right and Torres up front. Could any defence in the world stop that?

Going into this game, I thought United would pay for their approach in Spain. However, they were very good tonight.

I think United deserve to be in the final, because they are the best team in Europe and have played consistently well all season. I hope to God Chelsea don't get to the final. I'd cheer for United over Liverpool because I feel they deserve it more.

Messi was sublime.

What Barcelona seem to lack is the final ball, before that they are brilliant.

Really wanted Barcelona to progress, can't see United v Liverpool/Chelsea being any good.

Why not?

United v Chelsea a few days ago was a great game and Utd v Liverpool speaks for itself. Don`t know where you are coming from there. And like AS said, anything but that pathetic lump Drogba.

All English final.

Which makes Englands failure to get to the European Championships more annoying!

Good to see Paul Scholes get the winner. He deserves it considering he missed the last final in '99.

Well done United!

why? there will be foreigners playing than english men and no english manager

as for scholes ginger little faggot

Good point re England, eddie.

However, the two best players at OT by a distance were both Argentine.

That's true, but what really made Tevez stand out was his work-rate and the way he closed people down, something Rooney usually does for United but doesn't do it in the same way when he plays for England. The Barcelona defenders regularly had no idea what to do as they weren't getting the time they usually get to play the ball out and the midfield didn't respond to help them out, those were top quality interntional players with tons of experience, it would be just as effective in England games.

When you look at that United side, it is really a very complete team. They have top quality work-rate, great skill and pace going forward and a generally solid back-four. I'm looking forward to the possibility of a Chelsea v United final and I don't normally look forward to the Champions League final.

Id prefer a United - Chelsea final. Dont want liverpool there again, they have had alot of help from the refs in Europe this year and Benetiz seems to be trying to get the ref onside for tonight too, constantly going on about Drogba diving. Does Torres not dive?

Messi was sublime.

What Barcelona seem to lack is the final ball, before that they are brilliant.

Really wanted Barcelona to progress, can't see United v Liverpool/Chelsea being any good.

Messi was superb, but Barca were far too reliant on him. United played it perfectly, sitting deep and nullifying the pace of Eto'o and the passing ability of the Barca midfield. That just left Messi to try to make space for himself - on every occasion where he got to even a slightly promising position, he had to beat 3 men to get there. It became all too predictable. It will be interesting to see how Barca fill the Ronaldinho void.

United defensively are fantastic, even without Vidic. The final will be a snore-fest, no doubt.

why? there will be foreigners playing than english men and no english manager

The last three teams left in the competition are English and they include:

Ben Foster

John Terry

Rio Ferdinand

Gary Neville

Jamie Carragher (Retired)

Ashley Cole

Wayne Bridge

Wes Brown

Michael Carrick

Paul Scholes (Retired)

Frank Lampard

Steven Gerrard

Joe Cole

Owen Hargreaves

Steve Sidwell

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Jermaine Pennant

Peter Crouch

Wayne Rooney

OK some of the players have retired from English football, and some aren't up to it, but there should be the core of a very good international team there.

Archived