• Kishi
    • Warnock
    • Dunn
    • Reid
    • Bentley
    • Tugay
    • Pedersen
    • Santa Cruz

After another disappointing exit from a cup competition, the players can only keep working hard and believing their own abilities to deliver at the next game.

rovers 0 chelski 1

rovers worked hard but still outclassed. we sorely missed a clean sheet.

hughes needs serious cash and new players come january. :unsure:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well it's been a quiet week in Lake Wobegon, Minnesota, my home town, out on the edge of the prairie...

Wait, wrong forum.

Thats a well funny book: Lake Wobegon Days by Garrison Keillor. Suppose you've read it if that really is your hometown. And if not, well I can recommend it. :)

Anyway, I predict a 3-0 loss....

Better approach this with a negative outlook if we're going to have any chance....

It's easy.... My first choice 11 is;

Brad Friedel - Peter Enckelman - Jason Brown- Frank Fielding - Gunnar Nielsen

Zurab Khizanishvili - Stephane Henchoz - Tony Kane - Stephen Warnock - Christopher Samba - Ryan Nelsen

Wasn't sure about Samba as he has been dribbling the ball forward a bit lately...

Samba is quite an attacking player not sure on that wouldn't want to confuse things Lol

Some of our "Out of form" players will have to click soon, and we tend to turn up for the so called bigger clubs, so I'm hoping (As I don't pray) that we get something, I'm going to be tremendously upbeat and go for a draw.

... Wouldn't it be REALLY nice for us to score first (At the right end) for a change?!

KEEP THE FAITH!! (Are we still 9th in the prem?)

Oh, Merry Xmas to you all as well.

:rover:

:rover: i am praying zurab plays in this game,i hope he does very well and it keeps samba on the bench for the next month or so,i would like to see either PETER or TREACY on the left,sparky has got to forget his love affair of gamst and get real :brfcsmilie:

:rover: i am praying zurab plays in this game,i hope he does very well and it keeps samba on the bench for the next month or so,i would like to see either PETER or TREACY on the left,sparky has got to forget his love affair of gamst and get real :brfcsmilie:

I would like to see Kane on the right back and Treacy on the left wing. I think we should give them a shot and with the current form of those areas what could it hurt?

Some of our "Out of form" players will have to click soon, and we tend to turn up for the so called bigger clubs, so I'm hoping (As I don't pray) that we get something, I'm going to be tremendously upbeat and go for a draw.

... Wouldn't it be REALLY nice for us to score first (At the right end) for a change?!

KEEP THE FAITH!! (Are we still 9th in the prem?)

Oh, Merry Xmas to you all as well.

:rover:

Still 9th, 4 points above 10th and 11th place I think.

I would like to see Kane on the right back and Treacy on the left wing. I think we should give them a shot and with the current form of those areas what could it hurt?

I believe Treacy still has two more games to serve of a suspension after being sent off for the reserves.

Having undergone some serious knee jerking therapy, I am now hoping to go the game. I just cannot stand the thought of watching the game via tv so I am taking the crutches to Ewood to take my seat in the Sir JW Upper Stand.

I am wearing my lucky grundies, my Rovers shrt, my favourite badge and my lucky jacket in the hope that the losing mould can be broken.

blackburn 2 - 1 chelsea

blackburn get a surprisingly easy game against chelsea going 1-0 up after 20 minutes then going 2 nill up after half time with chelsea getting a consolation goal before full time. players get the lift of going ahead and play with confidence and we all start to forget the past weeks madness watching the mighty rovers get back on track

On paper, the two dirtiest sides in the Premiership go head to head.

The difference between the two sides is that Chelsea ARE a dirty side who do mix it and use physical intimidation. Rovers have cleaned up their act if you look at the stats for fouls this season and no longer bully sides which recent results show all too clearly.

Unfortunately, it is Peter Crouch who was guilty of a red card offence whatever way you look at it who is stirring the controversy about Chelsea players.

But be in no doubt, we are playing a dirty set of players on Sunday.

The last time we beat Chelsea at home, was the 1-0 midweek match a couple of years back, when Savage floated a free kick in, and it appeared to go straight past Cech. It was the first time in about a month that I had not backed Sav to score the first goal, and had been about 16 and 20-1 most weeks. A feeling of delight and despair washed over me! I had been unwell all day, and only the excitement of the game stopped my feeling so rough constantly. At half time I has to go to the WC, which under normal circumstances I would not do. What can only be described as hot brown sauce oozed out of me sporadically and I mad many emergency trips to the WC over the 90 minutes.

The pain lifted for a while, esp when the final whistle went as it confirmed our UEFA Cup spot. But on the way home, we had to stop at the Lord Nelson for further relief or the Mondeo would have needed a seriously thorough valeting.

How I laughed when I got home and the TV revealed that Steven Reid had eyebrowed the winner in!!

I predict a 0-0 draw, I don't want to because in this weather one needs a little excitement and kinetic energy to stay warm.

Kalou to score for them, and us.

1-1.

Could be signs that I am going mad, but I fancy us to get at least a point in this game.

I mentioned to my non Rovers fans that we would be on Sky a lot over December. People have come back to me, saying they cannot believe how poor a team we are.

Time to show people what we are all about on Sunday.

Archived