BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] This Will Stop Jordans Plan

AndyR

The 39th game.  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of Scudamore's proposal, as it stands?The vote is for Scudamore's proposal that from 2010 an extra prem game will be played at an overseas venue. The idea is that the game will take place in January and the top 5 clubs from the previous season, will be seeded.

• Definately against any Prem games played outside England, ever, no matter how much money is on offer.
    • Possibly in favour, but only if the money is too much to refuse.
    • Possibly in favour, but only if the game overseas was within the 38 games.
    • Possibly in favour of a 39th game overseas, but only if the top 5 aren't seeded.
    • Definately in favour of the present proposal. The game has to move forward and that's one way of progressing.
    • I'll go with Grooby. He's god.

The next step will be games played in quarters - so they get more chance to advertise while the games are on TV.

If Leyland Motors started playing again - I'd go and watch them instead of Rovers. That's how fed up with it I am.

Actually, they could just start to cut to commercial now every time a player goes down faking injuries and trying to get other players booked.

Or when the ref has given something and the players are busy crowding the ref complaining instead of getting on with it.

There's plenty of time for commercials.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At least they don't advertise during the commentary as the Americans do. Though listening to some of the dirge the commentators spout it might not be a bad idea...........

Don't start giving them ideas a mum !! :P - this will be the next thing on the agenda :(

Actually, they could just start to cut to commercial now every time a player goes down faking injuries and trying to get other players booked.

Or when the ref has given something and the players are busy crowding the ref complaining instead of getting on with it.

There's plenty of time for commercials.

There's so much wrong with top flight football there could be room for a new sport. Real Football.

Based on football as we know it but a game that allows tackles, has 'proper offsides', allows shoulder charges on players obstructing the ball. No cheating, no greedy players. A game where the referees decision is final and is never questioned. Played with a real football too. In fact, football played as your father can remember.

The Assosiation wouldn't come under the FIFa umbrella either.

Dream on :lol: It felt good thinking about it anyway.

There's so much wrong with top flight football there could be room for a new sport. Real Football.

Based on football as we know it but a game that allows tackles, has 'proper offsides', allows shoulder charges on players obstructing the ball. No cheating, no greedy players. A game where the referees decision is final and is never questioned. Played with a real football too. In fact, football played as your father can remember.

Wow! I thought I had died and gone to Heaven for a minute there, Aggy. Definitely just like old times. But just one more thing; can we have the old terracing back and the old Riverside stand as well? Then it really would be Heaven.

Oh yes, and one more thing for perfection: Artur Ellis back reffing again! :lol:

I'm afraid the supporters of this proposal, and Rev in particular, has completely lost any kind of perspective. Domestic football has to be played in front of English fans. The link between club and community starts to be lost, and for what? A few million pounds, if we're lucky. Scotty is dead on.

Let's have a vote.

I'm afraid the supporters of this proposal, and Rev in particular, has completely lost any kind of perspective. Domestic football has to be played in front of English fans. The link between club and community starts to be lost, and for what? A few million pounds, if we're lucky. Scotty is dead on.

Let's have a vote.

OK.

The vote is for Scudamore's proposal that from 2010 an extra prem game will be played at an overseas venue. The idea is that the game will take place in January and the top 5 clubs from the previous season, will be seeded.

OK.

The vote is for Scudamore's proposal that from 2010 an extra prem game will be played at an overseas venue. The idea is that the game will take place in January and the top 5 clubs from the previous season, will be seeded.

Definately against any Prem games played outside England, ever, no matter how much money is on offer.

I don't mind a Prem game being played overseas, as long as it's not an extra game with a fixed draw and points being played for.

If two teams agree to take a regular fixture to some far off place, good luck to them.

Let's have a vote.

Whilst I can see the downside of the proposal, I'm prepared to look at it from all angles in Rovers particular case.

Your "head in the sand, we can do no wrong" stance has clearly lost all perspective recently be it from the perspective of this proposal, our recent performances or our future prospects.

Wow! I thought I had died and gone to Heaven for a minute there, Aggy. Definitely just like old times. But just one more thing; can we have the old terracing back and the old Riverside stand as well? Then it really would be Heaven.

Oh yes, and one more thing for perfection: Artur Ellis back reffing again! :lol:

Let's do black death and the plague while we're at it, for heavens sake! :rolleyes:

irrelevant argument in practice now fifa have blocked it but still relevant in theory IMO.

what all the pro camp never responded to was the point that wages would swallow up the vast majority of every clubs extra 5 million, this bringing us back to square one. that and the fact it would create a complete imbalance as regards who played who in the season. they said the extra ££ would make it worth our while and that was pretty much their argument but they never looked at the bigger picture.

what all the pro camp never responded to was the point that wages would swallow up the vast majority of every clubs extra 5 million, this bringing us back to square one. that and the fact it would create a complete imbalance as regards who played who in the season. they said the extra ££ would make it worth our while and that was pretty much their argument but they never looked at the bigger picture.

That's absolute tosh frankly as 5m extra p.a might mean an extra four or five players for us on the wage structure we're shopping in whereas the likes of ManUre might struggle to bring in one or two for that.

That's absolute tosh frankly as 5m extra p.a might mean an extra four or five players for us on the wage structure we're shopping in whereas the likes of ManUre might struggle to bring in one or two for that.

At Premier League level, it's quality not quantity that counts.

frankly this is absolute tosh. if every club has more money and has more money to offer players, we will have to offer our existing players more money to keep them happy too. we're not looking to compete with the likes of man utd, we're looking to compete with the likes of everton, portsmouth, west ham etc and for them it would mean a similar story. and does this £5 million mean we'd actually get four or five more players? we'd need to get them all on free transfers for that to happen.

Whilst I can see the downside of the proposal, I'm prepared to look at it from all angles in Rovers particular case.

Your "head in the sand, we can do no wrong" stance has clearly lost all perspective recently be it from the perspective of this proposal, our recent performances or our future prospects.

That's just not true. We've not been playing well for some time, but not as badly as you'd have us think. Even Jim Mk2 had to pull you up about the Arsenal game. Now that should make you think!

Of course Hughes has got things wrong, all managers do, but the hysteria with which some of his decisions are met is plain daft, stupid even. As for our prospects, only a fool would not be worried by the league table that has us bottom, in terms of expenditure.

But...we are in the top half, with a decent squad and an excellent manager. We have financial stability.

The future for the Rovers is uncertain, and there are big risks for a club that attracts 20 odd thousand, in a big city league. However the idea that a few million quid, in exchange for undermining the whole concept of home-and-away fixtures, played in England, is both crass and at the end of the day, won't make a jot of difference to the Rovers' long-term prospects. And even Sepp Blatter's against it.

Can you add one to the answers please of - possibly in favour, but only if it doesnt affect the league points - i.e. a special tournament

The proposal is about the 39th game though, Hughesy. Not about a special tournament.

Live the dream :D

frankly this is absolute tosh. if every club has more money and has more money to offer players, we will have to offer our existing players more money to keep them happy too. we're not looking to compete with the likes of man utd, we're looking to compete with the likes of everton, portsmouth, west ham etc and for them it would mean a similar story. and does this £5 million mean we'd actually get four or five more players? we'd need to get them all on free transfers for that to happen.

Too much money chasing too few players -- add even more money to the mix and we have more wage inflation.

No way this should ever happen...It's not fair on the fans or on the leagues where the games are proposed to be played..Many of these countries need the revenue the premier league would take from them...

Archived