• Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Roberts
    • Derbyshire

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the game live here in Hong Kong and Friedel was MOTM by a mile. He had 3 to 4 immense saves and commanded the area really well.

Derbyshire had one or two good moments before the goal but that was it and not sure about the shout for Warnock because I thought Kishi was the outstanding member of the back 4.

Matty- whose the daddy- Derbyshire, good lad.

Big Brad the saviour but Sparky's selection/tactics a complete puzzle today. Not learnt his lesson about not messing about with the right side of defence when you don't need to. Thankfully its all banjos and cow's backsides in the Toon tonight. And the result seems to have been in spite of a Rob Styles homer big style.

That's the first double over Newcastle since when? Probably in my lifetime.

Glad now that Arsenal practised getting 94th minute goals against us- came in handy against the Villa today. Reading got in on the late late goal act as well meaning KK and the barcodes are just 3 points off 18th and have a significantly inferior GD. I'd even accept the dingles coming up if they went down!

Come on Wigan!!!!

Think its the 1st double since the early 60's - great result.

Really into the mix for europe now. Hopefully we can follow it up next weekend and maybe Pompey & Everton can draw tomorrow and City lose to wigan.

Rovers stay 7th on goals scored after City's goalless draw with Wigan. Wigan just one point behind the barcodes but have a 13 goal superior goal difference.

Perhaps it is too much to hope for Bolton to beat Rafapool tomorrow but if they do, the Trotters will move above the barcodes on GD and they'll keep Liverpool in 6th just two points ahead of us. Although Liverpool take advantage of the San Siro being double booked for Champs League action midweek by playing their game in hand against West Ham.

Sack the f***ing lot. Every single player needs to be f***ing punched repeatedly in the face with full force. They're a bunch of money grabbing clowns and should NEVER be allowed to play again. EVER.

I'm f***ing sick of this same old sh*t week in week out. They're not pulling their weights. They have no f***ing application. Just sack them all. No pay, f**k all. No other club will look at them anyway. They aren't fit for the f***ing Cornish 9th division. ######.

I think I'll support some 4th division or Conference club instead. Part time players who put more f***ing effort in than our prima donnas.

clowns!

Thats my fav off the website :lol:

I feel sorry for them i mean 55,000 fans every home game, spend millions each year, and what to show for it?

Its a club with serious potencial but it will be kudos to whoever turns them around as it looks like a hard job espicially when after 6 games the fans want you out. sheeeshhhhhh we lost to Bournemouth in Sparkys 2nd game the fans up there need to stop being hipercrites and start actually getting behind there team otherwise they will ruin what they have and that currently is premiership status which seems to be undervalued by them somewhat.

They are a sleeping giant, if only they could realise this.......

I bet the chairman is kicking himself for not putting more effort into getting the only man who could have sorted Newcastle out. I bet Hughesy is glad he stayed as well!

Great result and i'm sure we will now play Fulham with great confidence.

I wonder if KK gets the sack in the morning. It's usually the case once we've beaten Newcastle at St James Park.

Thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Toon. Great view from our balcony - some shocking football on show though. It was as if none of our players really wanted the ball, they didn't get into spaces, they tried really hard by passing to Newcastle players repeatedly and waited for the ball to come to them rather than going for the ball and letting the Newcastle players buzz in and take the ball. One thing that stood out was the lethargy/slowness of Rovers players. They didn't seem to be able to run or have the will to do so.

Things improved slightly as the game went on. There was a lack of ideas for most of the game although we did have a couple of near misses/good shots saved we were very fortunate that Mr Owen had forgotten his spectacles. I quite despaired at the number of corners Newcastle won, sure that eventually they must score.

Not sure why Morten keeps getting cards for being attacked. Not the best refereeing, Mr Styles, generally what we have come to expect from you.

When Roberts and Matty came on things began to change. Roberts caused the defenders some bother and Matty's goal was brilliant! Obviously the players thought so too as they ran over to the corner beneath the supporters and celebrated.

It wasn't Roque's best game - guys (especially Brad) please stop hoofing balls up in his general direction, it rarely works. Benni was not at his best either. Bert had a couple of panics the way he does when he gets quickly up to the box and there's no-one there and Morten had the same problem a couple of times.

Rovers fans were in great voice. Did we deserve the points? Probably not but I'll take them.

Great finish by Derbyshire!

Can't say we deserved the victory, we tried our best at times to let Newcastle win with all our sloppy passing, but thankfully Brad came to our rescue.

Just can't help but laugh at Newcastle though :D:lol:

i went out for the evening and had a few beers, so when i came back (about 90 mins before kick off) i took another beer out the fridge and sat down in the chair to wait for the game to come on sky tv....alas, i didn't see 88 minutes of the match cause i fell asleep and when i woke up and realised what the time was, i was gutted, so switched on the match to see bents supply matty d with the pass and then the finish into the net. gutted no more :rolleyes:

I think we definitely got outplayed in that game, but I'll take the 3 points. Great finish by Derbs. Friedel is the only reason we escaped with 3 points as Rovers probably should have lost by a few goals in all actuality. Derbs seemed a bit more comfortable on the right wing today than some of his other appearances too. Moved up to 7th in league with the win today.

Just Back...Get in there ya beauty! :D

Friedel MOTM and his fingertip save from Owen save of the season possibly.

As for Matty...calm cool and collected...3 points thanks very much :rover:

Just seen the highlights and its true we did get a bit lucky owen didnt put us behind. Big Brad came up HUGE for us and makes me sad to think about him not being there in a couple of seasons :( . Derbs was cool and clam and class. Didnt except to walk away with all 3 but ill take it. now we have to put one between the eyes of Fulham aka "team America" and be done withum. UP ROVERS!!!

I'm delighted with yesterday's result, especially because it came at Newcastle, we scored against the run of play, it meant that we weren't the first team that Keegan beat and it threw Newcastle deeper into trouble! It's results like this which will decide how we finish this season. I saw the highlights and we were lucky to win. These are three points that we could easily have lost but didn't. Hopefully we can continue to push on and gain some more wins in the next few weeks.

Archived