• Pedersen
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Roberts
    • Derbyshire

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only seen the game on Footy First but the game was won by a momemt of class by Bentley. 3 great touches.

I think we need to get used to "not playing well" and "dull games" because this seems to be the way we accumulate points for now.

Just got back, and you gotta love Newcastle, everything about it. It's a bit like Blackpool but without the class. Didn't go in the Crown Posada, went in the Bridge Inn which is near the Vermont Hotel next to the Castle Keep. Arrived at 11.30am, sampled plenty of Workie Ticket, great, and Deuchars IPA,also great.

Thought the policing was very aggressive, loads of drunken kids lobbed out for standing up, no warnings just straight strong armed throwing out. Still, you would think they work work it out after the first couple went after only 5 minutes.

And what a way to win a game, local lad who just became a father, comes off the bench to score the winner in the last minute of the game. Superb finish, confident and accomplished, helped a little by Harper going down quicker than Devine Brown. Excellent. Then got a text of 1864 saying Sky Sports were showing me on the post match footage on the telly-good work that director.

Another superb trip to the North East, that's about 6 in a row now.

I saw that too but nobody else seemed to spot it. But then was it the same linesman who got just about everything else wrong too?

Maybe my eyes were deceiving me up in the heavens but you're right there...clear penalty. Was it Oojier who had the followup shot as well which seemed a bit of a dodgy block?

I think the biggest way to quantify Rovers nicking 3 points is by looking at the bigger picture.

Last week we had to break the Bolton "home" game hoodoo, we did after not playing to our best ability and at the same time we scored 4 goals.

Yesterday we had to endure "Keeganmania II", although clearly second best at times, Rovers rode their luck, defended when required and then did what they had to do at the other end, SCORE. A priceless 3 points secured by the New Daddy on the block, Sir Matty D.

So we have accumulated 6 points when we would have reasonably expected to get faff all.

Another thing to look at is the teams below us and around us.

City missed up 3 massive points by drawing with Wigan, by all accounts they were devoid of ideas up front and had little in midfield, Wigan failed to trouble the City keeper all game so that sums up City's position.

Wham got blasted at home 0-4 by Chelsea, who played 60 mins with 10 men, granted they were all quality players. With a trip to Anfield in midweek their game in hand gone could see them a healthy 5 points away from us.

Villa were very unlucky only to draw at Arsenal.

Everton and Pompy later today should see Everton win hopefully whilst at the moment the Winkers of Bolton are losing 1-0 to an own goal by their keeper. Spurs capitulation at Brum was another notable result for Rovers.

That gap is seriously getting wider from 10th spot downwards whereas the spots of 4th - 9th are very very close, 5 points seperate us from 4th (as it stands).

A win against Fulham is now a must. 3 wins on the bounce is a fantastic way to start March and if the impossible happened and we achieved a win at wham, then the Wigan game just might be the defining point of our season.

I am now going to relax for the rest of the weekend whilst I await the season ticket news. :brfcsmilie:

_44462352_newcastle2.jpg

Shocking from MGP-should have got a straight red for being punched like that.

I saw this today too. How can Lampard and Alialialidiairirireieeieieiririeee get sent off for what they did and this bloke stay on for this - madness

I feel sorry for them i mean 55,000 fans every home game, spend millions each year, and what to show for it?

Its a club with serious potencial but it will be kudos to whoever turns them around as it looks like a hard job espicially when after 6 games the fans want you out. sheeeshhhhhh we lost to Bournemouth in Sparkys 2nd game the fans up there need to stop being hipercrites and start actually getting behind there team otherwise they will ruin what they have and that currently is premiership status which seems to be undervalued by them somewhat.

They are a sleeping giant, if only they could realise this.......

SSSHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! You'll wake them up.

I saw this today too. How can Lampard and Alialialidiairirireieeieieiririeee get sent off for what they did and this bloke stay on for this - madness

It's a cracking straight left from the Newcastle player though isn't it! ;)

_44462352_newcastle2.jpg

Shocking from MGP-should have got a straight red for being punched like that.

after watching motd, it wasent a punch it was more of a push, but Brown and Mokoena were having non of it, Eddie nedwinski had trouble stopping jason haha 16 stone ex boxer!!

Obviously yesterday's result was superb but the atmosphere of desperation at St. James Park is too funny for words. The boos ringing around the ground at the final whistle are typical of the Geordies. They were clamouring for Keegan's return and so really have no place to go now that the team is still sh*t.

I would just like to point out the reality of the loss Portsmouth had today and our win yesterday; we are in 7th place, 3 points behind AV (4 to take it cause they have us on GD) and only 5 points off 5th. Now I'm not saying anything crazy like we're shoe in for UEFA or we're gonna finish top 4, but I think it's important to realize the good spot we're in and how with a few more good games and some luck on our side(and by luck I mean an AV and Liverpool collapse) this could turn into a great season.

Pardon the optimism.

Went to the game with a couple of almost neutrals yesterday (Sunderland fans ;) ), so interesting to get their perspective.

But before that........ after the first 20 mins when we were distinctly second best, I really didn't think Newc would score. Owen would struggle these days as a Championship player. Even when he got round Brad, big Chris was back on the line so it wasn't just a matter of Owen rolling it in. Anyone commented on what I thought was a clear handball - so penalty - just after the start of the 2nd half? Just a harmless ball across the edge of their area that one of their defenders tried to head at knee height back to the keeper. Totally missed the header and as he went to ground, armed it back to the keeper. Totally accidental, but as clear a handball as you could see. Think Styles must've felt guilty cos about a minute later at the other end he gave nothing after Ooijer (who I thought was very solid by the way) clearly handled in the RB area outside the area. For the goal, thought it was very similar to Rugby the way Bentley just seemed to draw a couple of men then just when it looked like he might be tackled slipped it to Matty who was away. Not Pedersen's most creative game but impressed with his workrate again, a highlight being the last ditch block on the 6 yd line as Duff (or was it Owen?) looked like scoring after about 15 mins. Be interested to hear Jan's comments.

Anyway, a few neutral observations. They were suprised at how lazy Benni looked, impressed with Santa's workrate and the way he held on to the ball, thought Brad kept us in it, and like me thought Newc were really poor. Edit - forgot to mention - they were sat somewhere near the back and thought we made a decent noise and couldn't believe how many got thrown out, especially with the home fans to our left standing for 90 mins (not for injury time though).

Laugh of the day - driving back down the A19 with 606 on, hearing the Newc fan call and say they 'mullered us and should have won 6-0'. Aye.

Great win! One my friend is NUFC supporter and sometimes we "fighting" little a bit. After match he was very down and disappointed. That's the way is always very good thing when we win NUFC. :rover:

He only say same story every season. :lol::lol::lol:

Uuh Matty Matty Matty

I can't see this match on tv because I was same time look at the ice-hockey match. But when i hear this result I was so pride of Rovers and I went order on the bardesk four vodka shot. CHEERS!

Overall we had more shots and more possession so i dont think they battered us like the media made out.

Owen had 3 good chances, but as good keepers do, Freidel saved them. Then MGP, Bents & Matty showed how to break away.

4th is looking very difficult with both Scousers winning so its looking like we need to get past Villa.

I would guess that it was closer to 20-25 yards when he hit it, I thought he should have tried to round him but it went in so it doesn't matter. Might have been closer though.

It was a really cool finish from Derbyshire, the brilliance of it was shooting before the goalkeeper came within range really. Harper covered for a low shot, but had no chance of stopping Derbyshire's clever lob. First class counter attack from Rovers, good vision from both Pedersen and Bentley to release Derbyshire.

Archived