BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts - Still Umbro But What Colour?

tHE NEW AWAY SHIRT TEASER IS ON THE MAIN FRONTPAGE WHERE THE OFFERS ARE ON www.rovers.co.uk you may have to refresh a few times. Looks like its very close to the one I showed you except the blue and white lines are down the centre!

It looks nice from what is shown, bar the socks, can't wait to see the full thing! :D

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the stripes run at an angle rather than straight down (looks like they'd end somewhere around 3/4 or 4/5 of the way down the left hand side of the shirt...perhaps they loop around or maybe they make it all the way to the bottom). It could have course just be the way the shirt is hanging or being pulled.

Think the 3rd kit is being kept the same but with Crown on the front isnt it? Its because so many fans liked it.

This season appears to be a test of shirts, with the club wanted fans views via the fans forum on future kits.

This season appears to be a test of shirts, with the club wanted fans views via the fans forum on future kits.

The club had the fans response already which they listened too - we like the halved shirt for our away one. The club listened to this however the sponsors didn't like it and said that it would be commercial suicide to release a halved kit again - or so I remember reading at some point.

The club had the fans response already which they listened too - we like the halved shirt for our away one. The club listened to this however the sponsors didn't like it and said that it would be commercial suicide to release a halved kit again - or so I remember reading at some point.

Commercial suicide to release a red and black halved kit, apparently. They could have played around with other colours and kept the fans happy.

Commercial suicide to release a red and black halved kit, apparently. They could have played around with other colours and kept the fans happy.

Agreed, its not commercial suicide to release a kit that everyone is gona buy.

I think keeping the halves but changing the colours would have seen a similar success to last year. Wouldn't have liked to suggest the 2 colours though.

I don't really feel that I can judge the new shirts untill I have seen them in the flesh.

Its like everyone on official love them...and the last four posters including me hate them.

There should be a hint of red in the home with red numbers and letters on back.

And the away should be a totally different colour than blue!!!

By my reckoning we'll probably only wear that away kit 3 times next year: Bolton, Fulham and Spurs away. We'll end up wearing our third kit just as much. All a bit pointless really.

It all about the money next thing you know we will be releasing a new home and away kit every year or a strip that is for 1 game only. lol

(I'm sure you can work out the teams im talkin about) lol

Archived