BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts - Still Umbro But What Colour?

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lee isnt making any noises on the official board that the shirt isnt the real one :(

Yep, it's official; black lettering and numbers on the home kits. There is no official explanation from Lee or from anyone else at the club yet as far as I know. As for the "Crown Box", I think most of us would've been happy enough if it had been red too instead of black just as long as it was printed into the shirt and not a transfer.

Some of the previous shirts have not been 100% pleasing to the eye but to destroy the home shirt, would entail changing the colour to claret and blue, and having bfc wrote on it.

True enough....BUT....They haven't made a proper shirt for years now because of the different sponsorship deals. I realise it's a must for the club to get a main sponsor that pays but the way the shirt looks now must surely affect sales.

Our inability to make our sponsors label either look good or be put on well means that our kits always look like some tiny clubs stuff done at the local shop.

Exactly. And with just a minor adjustment our kit would look fantastic.

Our inability to make our sponsors label either look good or be put on well means that our kits always look like some tiny clubs stuff done at the local shop.

The TIME one that was part of the shirt was excellent. Wonder why they had to stop doing them like that :unsure:

The TIME one that was part of the shirt was excellent. Wonder why they had to stop doing them like that :unsure:

That was one of my favourite shirts.

I like the part of the shirt style but also the McEwans sticky out thing.

That was one of my favourite shirts.

I like the part of the shirt style but also the McEwans sticky out thing.

Not keen on the fuzzy sticky out thing. I got coffee on the sticky out CIS in '95 and the stain's still there.

I got coffee on the sticky out CIS in '95 and the stain's still there.

Simon they have this thing called vanish, put some on then stick it in the washing machine :P lol!

No wonder you can't afford a season ticket this season if you buy new clothes everytime they get dirty ;)

Simon they have this thing called vanish, put some on then stick it in the washing machine :P lol!

No wonder you can't afford a season ticket this season if you buy new clothes everytime they get dirty ;)

The clothes I can manage - it's the wardrobes that are the killer!

OK, compare the Crown Paints background with the colour of Ince's hair. I'm sure it's not black! It might sound daft but I reckon it makes a big difference. If it was black it would look pretty naff, but navy blue on a white/lighter blue background looks cool to me.

I'm pretty sure you couldn't compare the two, as they're two different materials. The crown logo plastic will reflect light differently to how Ince's hair does, and how thats shown on a photo. Bah, I was rubbish at science, can u tell, ha!

Anyways, all the Crown promotional stuff/logos at Blackburn appear to be in black and white, so I don't see that changing for the shirt.

Archived