BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts - Still Umbro But What Colour?

By my reckoning we'll probably only wear that away kit 3 times next year: Bolton, Fulham and Spurs away. We'll end up wearing our third kit just as much. All a bit pointless really.

Rather like Big Club's white away shirt last season. Blue and white home kit, all-white away kit, all red 3rd kit (which proved to be quite popular with the Big Supporters).

TBH nobbing about with away shirts is nowt new - I remember Citeh wearing purple to Everton/Ipswich/Chelsea - someone in blue anyway. Bloody daft all the same.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By my reckoning we'll probably only wear that away kit 3 times next year: Bolton, Fulham and Spurs away. We'll end up wearing our third kit just as much. All a bit pointless really.

Man City, Sunderland, Stoke, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton away as well. Everton and Chelsea have both had black/very very dark blue away shirts therefore we could wear ours there too.

Why would we wear the away kit at Sunderland, Stoke and Arsenal LATD????

Surely our blue and white kit doesn't clash with their home kits??

Just cant see the sense in a blue away kit when we already play in blue and white at home.. madness!!!

And Umbro said that another red and black shirt would be commercial suicide!!!!, at least they would have sold a few of those. I'm pretty sure they'll shift less of the new blue away shirt than they would have a red and black away shirt.

Umbro / Crown / BRFC. How Poor.

Commercial cockup, definately. Shame my away shirt has Bet24 on the front, but that was always a shame. Imagine the populatrity of the Red and White halves, without a dumb looking sponsors logo.

firstly, why would you have an away kit which had significant amounts of blue (or white)? surely the point of a different kit is alternative colours?

secondly, whoever decided another red and black kit would be commercial suicide is a ******.. firstly for taking the ###### out the fans who bought shirts, and secondly for not seeing that the current shirt without the minging bet24 logo was a sure fire winner..

muppets

Everyone seems to be forgetting that in the first season when we came back up (2001-02) we had a similar coloured dark blue away kit. I can't remember there being a problem that season (please correct me if I'm wrong). What's different this season from that?

secondly, whoever decided another red and black kit would be commercial suicide is a shithead.. firstly for taking the ###### out the fans who bought shirts, and secondly for not seeing that the current shirt without the minging bet24 logo was a sure fire winner..

Spot on Matty! There's no point in releasing a shirt that either:

A ) nobody really likes

B ) will only be worn a handful of games.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that in the first season when we came back up (2001-02) we had a similar coloured dark blue away kit. I can't remember there being a problem that season (please correct me if I'm wrong). What's different this season from that?

Yes we did. I watched the Premiership Years last weekend.

Ebay Link To 2001 Away Shirt

Yes, but didn't we also have a bright yellow away shirt at them same time? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the dark blue one was a third kit

The dark blue one was definatly the new away kit for that season.

We also used the previous seasons away kit a lot, which was red & black stripes.

I contacted the company that makes the lettering and numbering. They said that you can purchase the names and numbers from them. Looks like i might be able to get red lettering and numbering after all.

Yes, but didn't we also have a bright yellow away shirt at them same time? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the dark blue one was a third kit

Wasn't that 99-00? Yellow and Blue away and third strip was navy blue with red diagonal on it. I actually wore it tonight. I bought the long sleeve shirt when I was up to watch the Wolves game. It's my favorite one.

I realise the thread is about the new shirts, but got an email today from sportsdirect.com and they are selling last seasons shirts for 5 pounds now

geeezus, i was thinking of grabbing one Foxxx, until i checked the postage section..! 40 Quid to get it to Australia...!!!

crazy, i have another UK website (cycling) that delivers for 8 quid with no weight or size restrictions..!?

Do you get stuff posted to NZ at that price.?

geeezus, i was thinking of grabbing one Foxxx, until i checked the postage section..! 40 Quid to get it to Australia...!!!

crazy, i have another UK website (cycling) that delivers for 8 quid with no weight or size restrictions..!?

Do you get stuff posted to NZ at that price.?

nope, I got mine sent too someone in england and they sent them onto me, at about half the postage costs sportsdirect would charge

I contacted the company that makes the lettering and numbering. They said that you can purchase the names and numbers from them. Looks like i might be able to get red lettering and numbering after all.

We should encourage this sparky.

So has the club said anything regarding the black numbering etc, surely they should listen to us fans on this subject as the club is all about the fans and they would make more money if they listened to us as we would buy what we wanted!!! but in all fairness as long as its blue and white, its allright!!!

Archived