BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New Shirts - Still Umbro But What Colour?

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

have to say if that is the home strip am very disappointed as it is not the traditional blue and white halves have to say would prefer if the home strip is going to be the one Paul Ince was holding up on his arrival as that would be traditional and in theme with other seasons

Laters all.

them orange kits years back where the most disgusting shirts i think we have ever had..

yeh it must be the away shirt, because paul ince was holding a blue and white shirt up when annouced as manager..

I liked that shirt ! in fact i still have it !

now the shorts where very dodgy

That is the away shirt, and that is the exact one. Im not so sure Rovers will be pleased with them putting it out 1st!!

Nice kit though, il be buying. Like how we have included the blue n white bit to remind others teams of our traditional colours

You have to realise some people are special, cletus!

Would still have liked a yellow jersey

It's more than likely one of the goalkeepers jerseys will be yellow.

It's going to be interesting which kit we use against Everton on opening day, the new away kit is a clash of blue and our home kit is blue and white halves.

Do we have a new 3rd kit or will upgrade the red/black or the grey/black kit's and have crown paints on one of those?

I would think that an alternative has been decided, possibly last years away kit with the Crown Paints sponsor on, but unlikely it will be made available for sale.

Anyone remember when Ipswich played us at Ewood one season and for some reason they brought out a kit just for that game, I think it was black but wasn't put on retail sale, I also remember that game for Duff's fantastic run taking on the Ipswich defence and scoring a great goal.

How should we encourage this Dr??

Well, start by posting the links for ordering after going trough the process yourself. The easier it is for people to find the more red names & numbers will be sold. The more we buy the more the club gets the message..... ;)

As long as BRFC play football I can assure EACH and EVERY supporter that Rovers will NEVER EVER play in a home kit that does not reflect our current Blue and White halved shirts (or quarters as some like to say).

It is THE traditional kit for the club and has been voted the BEST strip ever. Like Barnsley, who play in red tops, WE will NEVER change this tradition.

:brfcsmilie::brfcsmilie::brfcsmilie::brfcsmilie::brfcsmilie:

I am really really impressed with the away shirt, i like the look of it, i even thine it would a looked nice as a red shirt with a black and white stripe. but i do think that its a proper smart away shirt and makes the crown logo look pretty good too. just hope the home shirt is as good and is better than the shirt shown when incey was named!!!

I would think that an alternative has been decided, possibly last years away kit with the Crown Paints sponsor on, but unlikely it will be made available for sale.

Why on earth would it not be put on sale??? it would be commercial suicide not to sell it. The last Kappa home kit was sold with AMD Processors one season and HSA the the next. Plus the kit Ince is holding has diagonal inprinting on the fabric, suggesting there will be a new one.

Well, start by posting the links for ordering after going trough the process yourself. The easier it is for people to find the more red names & numbers will be sold. The more we buy the more the club gets the message..... ;)

here is the email response i received from Sporting iD:

Dear Eoin,

Thank you for your email.

The numbers and letterings which appear on players shirts are manufactured and distributed by the Premier League's Licensee Sporting iD (formerly Chris Kay + they have also merged with Metro Sports).

Should you wish to purchase these products, you can contact Sporting iD direct or visit their website, which also lists the UK retailers that they supply to. Sporting iD details:

Sporting iD

Sales Department

Unit 17 Airport Ind Estate

Kingston Park

Newcastle Upon Tyne

NE3 2EF

England

00 44 191 271 8850

sales@sporting-id.com www.sporting-id.com

I do hope this information is useful and thank you for your interest.

Kind regards,

Communications Team

Hope that helps.

If that's the new away kit, I think it's absolutely rank and definitely won't be buying it.

The vertical stripes, ugh! :angry:

Generally I don't see any pont whatsoever in a predominantly blue away kit.

Hopefully there'll be plenty of colour clashes and the red and black halves will be resurfacing as the emergency 3rd strip on a number of occasions.

Sparky..............I'm the one who gave you the Sporting iD/Chris Kay info on the official board in the first place. What I meant was: After you had gone through the process of actually purchasing the reds and found the service you got good enough to recommend to others (in the UK & Europe anyway, I have my own sources and the best service may vary depending on where one lives) you would then go and post the links, that's all.

The big line down the middle of some other kits last season annoyed me. I was hoping that we wouldn't go in the same direction.

In any event I've just bought 2 of last seasons home shirts and 4 away shirts just to be on the safe side...

:brfc:

Archived