BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tattoo

I`m booked in to get my 1st tattoo next week. Its very personnel to me. I`ve designed it myself to represent who I am, what I believe in and it should be relevant forever.

Anyone else got one? why? regrets? advice? got loads?

discuss

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to get the Rovers badge somewhere but never will because:-

a. I don't like pain

b. I would be worried it went wrong.

More the latter. I know a Liverpool fan who got the liver bird but it just looks like a pregnant turkey.....he is very embarrassed by it

My Dad has two arms full front and back, neck, and back-shoulder. I am going to get my first one probably this year sometime, depends on what I decide to get. Anyways, Pops says the only thing that eve really hurt him enough to cringe is the elbows cause there isn't much skin to buffer between the needle and bone. Other then that, he says its not too bad at all.

I havent got one but i wouldnt get them were they are visable like on your arms as in a work enviroment it could look unprofessional.

When im older i plan to have my kids/lass names etc on my shoulders, hell i even love the tatoos some women have above their ass.

Had both of mine nearly 10 years now, no regrets. Three lines on one leg and the rovers badge on the other.

The one thing I would say is that I can cover mine easily if I want to, a lot of work colleagues dont know they're even there. They're mainly on show when I'm playing football.

I'm planning one more. Having 'Amor Nos Didicut' on the top of my back. Was going to have it on the bottom of my back but realised having 'love will tear us apart' just above my arse cheeks may not be wise.

Just like marriage....... Tattoo in haste, repent at leisure. ;)

No doubt it's wrong of me but if I see a tatoo on someone I do tend to pre-judge on the down side. Every one of my mates who has one from their youth wishes to God that they had never bothered. In fact one will not even wear a short sleeved shirt in summer. Still it is really up you. Better career chances for the rest of us. ^_^

btw just as an aside do you imagine that it will make you irresistable to the opposite sex? :rock:

I have my entire upper arm decorated and a wee one on the back of my neck. The neck one was painful, but nothing has ever been as painful as getting my nose pierced.

People always have different ways of viewing their own body, but as Dave Navarro once said ''I don't regret one tattoo, when I look in the mirror I see a journal of my life, and great memories are attached to each one.''

That is the best perspective IMO.

Crikey, some of you seem paranoid of a bit of ink and some ashamed.

If I get one I will show it load and proud.

Its a very interesting design, very individual yet not tacky and tasteless ( not any of your skull and crossbones etc )

Its quite spiritual I suppose

I have 3 tattooes and only have slight regrets about 1 !

Have the Lancashire Rose with Lancashire in a scroll.

Have BRFC proudly sitting above it.

Have "Made In Blackburn" around my navel, this was done in 1984 after a session in Plymouth ! all the lads got where they were born except the poor Scotsman who was too drunk, he had made in wales patterned around his tummy !

There is little pain except on/near to boney parts.

It is a safe procedure nowadays just make sure you select your own needles, The ink used is safe.

Bit of advice, do not have a girls name tattooed on your skin.

Certainly not having a girls name!

About to get divorced for gods sake ( no sympathy please ) ( not that I would expect any ;) )

The tattoo I have designed is simple visually but complicated in terms of meaning.

Its based around the yin yang idea of balance in your life, the kung fu i have studied for years and lifes interests.

When one thing reaches its extreme it becomes its opposite. Make any sense?

Take a stunning summers day. When it gets to its extreme it becomes a storm. Its opposite.

When the storm reaches its extreme it dissipates and returns to a summers day.Its opposite.

Its a long story.

Bryan mate, it is my skin and like you I have never been interested in tattoos so why at the age of 35 do I suddenly want one after 6 months contemplation?

What am I trying to prove?

And to whom?

I don`t really understand it myself.

The more I put it off the more I want one.

Gordon, attraction to the ladies never occured to me. Maybe its a spiritual thing. Maybe its a midlife crisis. Thats why I keep giving myself a cooling off period.

If someone explains how to put up an image I will and will explain the image. If you care.

tattoo

Ok, I hope you can see the pic.

For those of you interested and for some of you are might be, let me explain.

My intention ( although doubts still linger ) is to have this on the inside of my forearm.

The 2 symbols on the left represent the type of kung fu I have studied for 4 years called wing chun.

Wing chun was a chinese woman from eons ago that the art was named after. Her name translates as beautiful spring time, eternal spring, spring forever etc.

In the middle is the typical yin yang logo which incorporates the snake and the crane which is supposed to represent the basics of which wing chun was founded upon.

Yin yang demands an "opposite" to beautiful springtime which brings us to the 2 symbols on the right.

I am an avid nature fan. I find this planet, life, solar system, galaxy amazing ( hence the spiritual reference in a previous post )( if not some of the people in it ). I particulary enjoy watching a good storm. The 1st symbol represents thunder. If you look, its meant to be a rain cloud over a field. The 2nd is lightning. It represents a person in a door way sheltering.

Yin yang is supposed to represent a balance. No right or wrong. No black or white. Like I said in a previous post, when one thing becomes its extreme it becomes its opposite.

I feel like I lost my balance in life a long time ago. My wife and I are splitting up ( been together since I was 16, she was 14 ) and for some reason I feel like I need this tattoo.

Shoot me down in flames but I least hope to demonstrate its not done on a whim and it is thought about and not all people with tattoos are knuckle draggers. I am self employed ( electrician ) successful so Theno you can have your career prospect!

I would love to get the Rovers badge somewhere but never will because:-

a. I don't like pain

b. I would be worried it went wrong.

More the latter. I know a Liverpool fan who got the liver bird but it just looks like a pregnant turkey.....he is very embarrassed by it

I would think being a liver pool fan in itself would make anyone embarrassed :lol:

Al, i have a full sleave and its been done VERY tasteful i also have 4 others and am not embarrassed of any of them. Ive had all of them done professenaly done (which i HIGHLY reccomend). I see it as as long as they make you happy and they mean somthing to you then go for it.

Also remember that tattoos are almost forever so choose wisly, which it sounds like you already have.

Good luck to you.

Archived