BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool V Rovers

Last 10 or so games, Bentley has been getting more annoyed with his team mates. When a move breaks down or when someone misplaces a pass.

Nothing wrong in that, but he seems more agitated recently.

I just get the impression (from his body language) he is wanting out, and thinks he deserves a bigger stage to show his talents.

Talk about reading what you want into absolutely nothing.

Players not being happy with their team mates suggest they want a move? By that logic Roy Keane wanted a transfer after about 20 mins playing for United!

Abbey moans the players don't hurt when things aren't going well, and you moan that Bentley gets agitated when we're not doing well.

Bentley had one of his worst ever games for Rovers today and he probably realised he was subform and was narked he wasn't performing for Fabio.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Last 10 or so games, Bentley has been getting more annoyed with his team mates. When a move breaks down or when someone misplaces a pass.

I just get the impression (from his body language) he is wanting out, and thinks he deserves a 'bigger stage' to show his talents.

he wasnt best pleased with peds for taking a free kick as well

and as for alan smith he will need to explain to his mrs the state of his undies because he must of filled em with cream a few teams as he drooled over everything liverpool

Players not being happy with their team mates suggest they want a move? By that logic Roy Keane wanted a transfer after about 20 mins playing for United!

Abbey moans the players don't hurt when things aren't going well, and you moan that Bentley gets agitated when we're not doing well.

Bentley had one of his worst ever games for Rovers today and he probably realised he was subform and was narked he wasn't performing for Fabio.

Just my opinion mate and something I (and others who I have been watching games with) have noticed recently..... it could just be he is showing leadership but it looks more petty to me.

Really poor today to cap off a dissappointing season IMO.

For whatever reason since November we have been poor, and I have not enjoyed watching us play this season.

The midfield and centre of defence need refreshing, if it takes selling Bentley to combine this money with what is already lurking then so be it.

Samba is particularly poor, not a top half of the Premiership quality defender. Since signing for us he has been poor over a longer period than being good, so please consider this before quoting and slating that comment.

so its ok for players not to upset at losing??....ftr it wasnt me who brought it up but as usual i get named

Thing is, we have really good competition for places with our defenders. I would even suggest that Ooijer is our best centre back.

But, too often (or always), Hughes just picks his favourites.

Agreed.

I just think we need more mobility in the centre of defence, and a tad more pace if possible.

samba's shocking and MH has to start zurab next game if he's not injured.

MH's 442 to 433 almost never works when we are even or behind.

vogel work rate's beginning to prove that he is not the defensive midfielder that we sorely miss.

Gotta be contented if rovers finish in the top half of this season.

We need defenders who are more composed at the back and don't try to get themselves sent off every other game as the last man. We've had six red cards this season, how many of those have been distributed to Samba and Nelsen? At least three and I'm pretty sure that those were for fouls committed as the last man. We got lucky today in that we should have had another. Take away these red cards and our disciplinary record wouldn't look quite so bad.

Shocking performance today, limpid, impotent, tired, clueless ,careless, inept , lack lustre, boring you name it, we were it. I don't like losing, I never have, but I can take it if I've seen a performance. Today a tired Liverpool side that had to bust a gut in mid-week to beat Arsenal in a major cup semi-final overcame a Rovers side that just looked like they wanted to be anywhere on this planet other than Anfield, It cost me 3 pints of Kronenbourg to watch that and I feel robbed !

Don't let anybody knock our attendences whilst we're playing like this, for me a 20,000 gate means 20,000 heroes at the moment. I've laughed at the murmurings re Mark Hughe before today but this was awful, maybe he has taken us has far as he can ! Big Phil anybody ?

After the Spurs game I said if we play the same we'd get shown up and we did today, I shudder to think what next week will bring ! My lad summed it up at half time ,he said " It's like watching Bolton with David Bentley " ! And he vanished after half time.

I just get the impression (from his body language) he is wanting out, and thinks he deserves a 'bigger stage' to show his talents.

I was at the England game a couple of weeks ago and he behaved in exactly the same way. I don't think it has to do with the stage he is on, he simply doesn't like it if not every pass goes to him or whenever a teammate makes a mistake.

P*ss poor today!

didn't deserve anything... too weak and didn't do the simple things right, let alone the technical stuff.

Looked as if the lads just wanted to pass it around for the whole match and hope Liverpool didn't get a goal. Completely clueless! no flair in midfield which equalled nothing upfront.

...and with passing like that, there was NO CHANCE of a win!

I'd play the team which finished the match, against Man Utd... maybe bring Ooijer or Khiza into the fold to give the defence a kick up the arse as (Warnock & Emerton especially) looked asleep today, weak and their passing was the worst of the lot.

from the pundits, to the commentary to the ref it was all liverpool biased today..

gerrard dives twice-gets nothing

skrtel should either of atleast had a yellow card for the tackle on reid-and then should of been sent off because roberts was clean through..

for the pundits especially wilkins-it doesnt matter if voronin's was offside-yes it does..

i thought the midfield was very poor today..its clear vogel needs games-hes been out for ages-and i find it funny how people can even question him-saying he looks like he will offer us nothing...roberts and cruz worked hard, and as for the defending i thought samba did some good tackles-kept up with torres and babel who are very quick, and made some good interceptions..nelsen other then giving the ball away to lucas for their second was also very solid..warnock gave away a few bad balls, and emerton to be honest i thought he did okay-he handled babel very well today..

mcarthy looked okay when he came on-i just dont know where he should play tho..roberts was always an handful, cruz is our top scorer and his work rate is really good..

with bentleys poor performance hopefully it will put liverpool off..

Why does Hughes keep going with Samba and Nelsen? It's obviously a partnership that doesn't work. Samba especially has looked like a £400k reserve team defender all season, I can't believe Ooijer didn't start, we really need his presence at centre half.

I always feel uncomfortable when Roberts plays as well. He might be big and relatively fast, but that's about it. He turns like a tank, has the first touch of a lamppost and the footballing brain of a turkey. He's a whinging little sod as well, he might do better if he just got on with things.

I think the criticism of Vogel is very unfair though. We were all prepared to give Reid/Nelsen etc. plenty of time to feel their way back in to football after lengthy spells out so we should offer the same patience to Vogel. 10 months out of the game is hard enough as it is, without also having to adapt to a new league and new style of play, give him time and I'm sure he'll come good.

Some of the criticism of Vogel is just plain daft. It´s the guy´s second game this season in a new league and country after not having played - unlike the rest of the players on show - all season. Give the lad a chance. Now he might not be the midfield messiah but no need to write him off already. A lot of people on here were writing off David Bentley as well after he arrived.

United look dangerous every time they go forward. The defence needs to get its act together or we´ll get a good tonking next time out.

A lot of established first team players let themselves down today and we deserved everything we got. They panicked when they had the ball, they were sloppy and had no creativity. When we got the ball, we didn't look like scoring. When Liverpool got the ball it was a case of when will they score. What angers me more is that we made them look better than they were and as someone said earlier, we would have struggled against Derby today.

God help us against Man Utd. Hopefully this will be a major kick up the bum but unfortunately it will probably be too late for it to have any affect on us being able to reach our goal of European football for next season.

After todays performance, at least no one will want to buy our players as they obviously aren't capable of competing with the best of them.

I think some people are finally dawning to what was being said just after the new year.

Either

a) The players and management aren't performing to their full capabilities.

or

B) The players aren't good enough for a top 7 finish and are mid-table at best.

Initially I thought option a but with our current midfield I'd be tempted to say option b now applies.

Shocking performance today, limpid, impotent, tired, clueless ,careless, inept , lack lustre, boring you name it, we were it. I don't like losing, I never have, but I can take it if I've seen a performance. Today a tired Liverpool side that had to bust a gut in mid-week to beat Arsenal in a major cup semi-final overcame a Rovers side that just looked like they wanted to be anywhere on this planet other than Anfield, It cost me 3 pints of Kronenbourg to watch that and I feel robbed !

Don't let anybody knock our attendences whilst we're playing like this, for me a 20,000 gate means 20,000 heroes at the moment. I've laughed at the murmurings re Mark Hughe before today but this was awful, maybe he has taken us has far as he can ! Big Phil anybody ?

After the Spurs game I said if we play the same we'd get shown up and we did today, I shudder to think what next week will bring ! My lad summed it up at half time ,he said " It's like watching Bolton with David Bentley " ! And he vanished after half time.

Big Phil who ?

I think some people are finally dawning to what was being said just after the new year.

Either

a) The players and management aren't performing to their full capabilities.

or

B) The players aren't good enough for a top 7 finish and are mid-table at best.

Initially I thought option a but with our current midfield I'd be tempted to say option b now applies.

To think that I got a load of stick for Thiseditorial.

Watched the game on Tv today and I didn't actually think we were that bad.

Can't argue with the fact that we deserved to lose on the balance of play as it panned out but the absolute futility of playing one of the "big four" at home was shown today.

We scored a perfectly legitimate goal early on if you apply Hackett's PIG guidelines which was scrubbed out.

Then, later on (which could well have been 1-1) Skirtle should clearly have been sent off for bringing down Roberts as the last man but got a yellow.

All that aside we conceded two bad goals, for the first Santa Cruz needlessly gave the ball away in a danger area then Samba should have flattened Gerrard and taken a yellow.

Second goal, Nelsen made a terrible pass leading to the second.

Another completely anonymous perfoprmance from Vogel. Two games and he has brought nothing whatsoever to the table.

Another completely anonymous perfoprmance from Vogel. Two games and he has brought nothing whatsoever to the table.

Another person expecting too much I see. Let see he has played so far two matches in the premier league (arguably the best league in the world), against quality opposition (Spurs and Liverpool) in 10 months…

It’s foolish to say he is rubbish when he clearly hasn’t had enough game time to form a proper judgement. I personally would have only introduced him as a sub this season as he has been out for a long time and to gently ease him into the English style of play. But it looks like Hughes has no confidence whatsoever in Moko so he is having to play him.

Give the lad some time for god sake, see how he does next season after a full pre-season under his belt and gets a run of form going before you pass judgement.

Archived