BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Liverpool V Rovers

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please, please, Please!

Why the hell is Christopher "The Donkey" Samba Playing with perfomances like this!

Goal 1: As a defender you cannot afford to make basic mistakes, he switches of in bad times.

Goal 2: Well What Can We sayy....

Goal 3: Christopher Samba gets the ball and deflects of im to risse to pass for a goal.

Basic errors are costing us! We Need to step up the game.

We go 3 - 0 and start to play better why cant we play consitent throughout the game! It winds me up and probably many other rovers fans.

Santa cruz scored arguably the best goal of the game!

Why is MGP playing week in week out with peromances like that, Dunny to the left with reid and tugay in the middle! Drop him out of the full 16 see if he wakes up! He will walk into the squad next week.

Zurab as been on blistering form when hes play at CB why can't he get a chance, might do a better job

overall a poor perfomance again, i though we might of stepped it up with all the press talk leading up to the game. Poor perfomance by bentley today after a week of opening his mouth to the papers too!

Lets see what we do against United next week :S

Too many of our important players simply didn't turn up today.

Roque Santa Cruz wasn't very good up front and his idiotic pass essentially lost us the game (see if he gets the flack that Benni gets).

I've not seen the game but you're right Santa won't get the same flack as Benni gets.

This is probably because he has scored lots of goals, contributes well to the team and hasn't publicly admitted that he wanted to leave Rovers.

Apart from a couple of games which were exceptions, we've been a mediocre team now since November.

Roberts did pretty well.

What?!!?

Run, fall, run, fall whinge, run fall. Did I miss any of his repertoire there?

I honestly don't understand the Roberts love in on this forum. He has to be one of the most talentless pieces of crap I've seen in a Rovers shirt.

We continue to make stupid errors that cost us goals, Hughes also seems unable to make positive changes at any point during the match until it's nearly too late. Seeing as we're playing United next week we really needed to win today. When it got to around the 60th minute mark Benni should have been brought on, especially once we were 1-0 down.

Whilst I do agree Eddie-I was screaming for Benni to come on, the sad truth is we don't have one impact player who could come on, ie somebody with both pace and direction...then again I don't think we have a player with either ability.

Awful team performance, and without trying to single people out what contribution did Reid or Vogel make? The only time I saw Reid was when he was making sideways or backwards passes.

Whilst I do agree Eddie-I was screaming for Benni to come on, the sad truth is we don't have one impact player who could come on, ie somebody with both pace and direction...then again I don't think we have a player with either ability.

Awful team performance, and without trying to single people out did Reid or Vogel even play? The only time I saw Reid was when he was making sideways or backwards passes.

The only time I noticed Vogel was when he was getting caught in possession and giving the ball away!

dont normally slag individuals but samba was worst performence i can ever remember from a rovers defender he was inept on all 3 goals and could have cost us 3 or 4 more...defo red card on robo and gerrARSE dived more than andy j and i wish the ganster had shot the diving little smacked arse

The only time I noticed Vogel was when he was getting caught in possession and giving the ball away!

Its got to be tough for Vogel, not playing for 10 months then coming into two hard games, Spurs and now Liverpool. Personally I wouldn't of started Vogel this season, certainly not against some of the tougher teams. I see him as a buy for next season.

I've not seen the game but you're right Santa won't get the same flack as Benni gets.

This is probably because he has scored lots of goals, contributes well to the team and hasn't publicly admitted that he wanted to leave Rovers.

Apart from a couple of games which were exceptions, we've been a mediocre team now since November.

What I meant was, people always have a go at Benni for showboating in stupid areas and giving the ball away and putting us in danger. Well today we were in a pretty decent position and Santa Cruz played one of the stupidest passes you'll see this season.

What?!!?

Run, fall, run, fall whinge, run fall. Did I miss any of his repertoire there?

I honestly don't understand the Roberts love in on this forum. He has to be one of the most talentless pieces of crap I've seen in a Rovers shirt.

I don't love Roberts, I personally would have gone with Santa Cruz and Benni for this game or Santa Cruz by himself, but Roberts pace and power was one of the few things that cause Liverpool trouble. He whinged a lot and he fell over a lot, but he took the ball forward with purpose.

Awful team performance, and without trying to single people out what contribution did Reid or Vogel make? The only time I saw Reid was when he was making sideways or backwards passes.

That's true, our serious lack of pace is a problem that needs to be addressed this summer. Santa Cruz and Benni would be so much more effective with either a faster player along side them or with speed coming from midfield, without that then they are fairly easy to deal with.

Come now, Samba was poor today but he can hardly be blamed for deflecting the ball into Riise's path!

Totally agree. He was just unlucky.

Yes we should have done. But the point I was responding to was that MH had lost us the game, and I don't think thats a fair criticism when you lose a game you were given odds of 5-1 to win.

I don;t think people are complaining that we lost; it's the manner of the loss.

I too was sat there thinking where is the spirit of 2 years ago? Where is the energy of 2 years ago? We used to have a real go at the big 4. Now we seem like a 2nd div club overawed to even be there, just as we did at the Emirates and OT.

I for one am beginning to question the 'trust in Hughes' mantra I have subscribed to for 3 years. Pedesen makes my blood boil - he did one positive thing all game and did that badly. Every other time be bottled taking responsibility and passed back to Warnock or sideways to Vogel. Why has he played 41 times for us this season? Why does Samba - clearly still a novice, if a promising one, keep playing ahead of a bloke seemingly indispensable to the centre of Holland's defence? Holland FFS!!! We used to be the fittest team around, now we regularly fold like a cheap tent despite being free of the 'distraction' of cups and Europe and having restorative jollies to Disneyworld. And Hughes' famed man management clearly isn't working with Benni.

Being around 9th all season doesn't change the fact that, for me, the season has been a bust. We have become anonymous cannon fodder for the top 4. No young players are any nearer the team than they were 12 months ago, Derbs seems further away despite clearly being one of the 2 best finishers at the club. The only good thing about this season has been Santa.

I too was sat there thinking where is the spirit of 2 years ago? Where is the energy of 2 years ago? We used to have a real go at the big 4. Now we seem like a 2nd div club overawed to even be there, just as we did at the Emirates and OT.

Bang on for me there EiT (Dont say that too often!)

Bar a few minutes after the double substitutions we were woeful. Its easy to pick on the theatrics that Wiley saw through, but at the end of the day Rovers were no where near the money today.

Repeating what has been said already. Dire stuff, but getting all too used to it.

Don't expect to win every game, but we used to play decent football not so long ago. The quality of our play has really gone downhill.

No energy in our play as well. We used to be tough to beat, but some teams must look forward to playing us these days.

EIT - did not see your post (as I was typing mine), but you have summed it up well!

Brad Friedel - 7 (nothing he can do for bad defense like this)

3 Stephen Warnock - 7 (At least he haven't out of position very much for today)

6 Ryan Nelsen - 6 (Not bad, not good)

4 Christopher Samba - 2 (Always knock down someone at first half but always not to knock down someone at second half when he should)

14 Steven Reid - 4 (He told us that he is not DMC before, and he told us that he is not MR either in this match)

12 Morten Gamst Pedersen - 2 (That 2 pts is given because he have a freekick that is nearly on target and that is. )

8 Johann Vogel - 2 (I don't know why Hughes need to put him on this early. To prove that he signed someone wisely?? Vogel needs sometimes to be fit enough)

7 Brett Emerton - 2 ( I don't know where he is in the match. Do you?)

11 David Bentley - 2 (May be his performance will be better if Capello is not here. And he told us that he is not MC today)

30 Jason Roberts - 7 (If not referee, he should have given a penaly and should have one Liverpool's defense sent off)

9 Roque Santa Cruz - 4 (Great finish 7pts, bad pass leading to first goal lost -3 pts)

David Dunn - 4 ( I can see him only one time in last 10 mins he played and that is a fault. )

10 Benedict McCarthy 5 (One shot not on target.)

Hughes - 2

(I have said a lot of time and this just like copy and paste my previous comment. Our first goal is lost in 60 mins and he changed 10 mins later. Did he slept for that 10 mins? Once again he hope that the matter will be better automatically. But once again if he did not change the matter will be better than changed. )

Once again, if opponent can mark our foward tightly, we can do nothing. Actually I think that it is not difficult to defend us. Pedersen and Bentley just give away the ball, Vogel not fit into the team yet, Reid can do nothing.

Its got to be tough for Vogel, not playing for 10 months then coming into two hard games, Spurs and now Liverpool. Personally I wouldn't of started Vogel this season, certainly not against some of the tougher teams. I see him as a buy for next season.

we were lead to beleive that as wellat the end of the day if he aint match fit he shouldnt be playing

The only comment I can put forward, is that our players all look a bit too friendly with one another. Not enough desire or anger in them, too happy to accept being second best. Not one of them looks prepared to get hold of them, and put them in their place on the pitch - Roy Keane like.

That's what happens when a squad gets stale.

What gets me was the promise of vogel being able to do what The Axe can't and thats pass forward or at least to a man. He looks like he wont be able to offer anything that we dont already have.

The rest of them were shocking today apart from Warnock and Brad.

If I had to pick a worst player out of the lot of them it would have been Reid. He looked like he was just looking forward to going on his holidays.

Bentley should always play on the right by the way Mr Hughes :angry2:

Last 10 or so games, Bentley has been getting more annoyed with his team mates. When a move breaks down or when someone misplaces a pass.

Nothing wrong in that, but he seems more agitated recently.

I just get the impression (from his body language) he is wanting out, and thinks he deserves a 'bigger stage' to show his talents.

Archived