BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brdsc Player Of The Year Awards

Well, I thought the night went extremely well, and after expressing everyone's disappointment when no players turned up to the christmas do, I must say the players and the club did us absolutely proud.

All the first team squad bar two and numerous younger lads turned up and were great with the fans. My two girls were gobsmacked when some kind soul opened the door for them on the way in, and it was Brad Friedel!

A big thank you to Mark Hughes, John Williams, the club and the players.

At the business end, Roque succeeded David Bentley as the disabled supporters' player of the year. Hopefully only his first award this season!

Christine Peacock won Club person of the year after many years devoted service on the committee.

A great night all round, and hope to see a few more of you at the Christmas Party. Just to clarify, the events are open to all, not just those classed as having a disability.

Agreed. It was a great night. Took my two daughters, four of my granddaughters (two who have special needs) and three of their friends. We all had a great time especially Mr Roversmum(!) and I won a training fleece in the raffle! The players seemed to enjoy themselves as well, and what very pleasant fellows they are, a credit to our club.

Many thanks to all concerned including you, Rev, everyone put in a good shift and the committee worked very hard to make the event a big success!

Funny bit before the event when we parked our somewhat battered old vehicle next to Aaron Mokoena's shining beautiful car! Oh well, we're not proud.... :D

p.s. Well done Roque, great stuff and hoping you have many more happy and successful years at Rovers!

Funny bit before the event when we parked our somewhat battered old vehicle next to Aaron Mokoena's shining beautiful car! Oh well, we're not proud.... :D

I am sure there must be a joke in that to turn things around a little to read something like your beautiful face and Aaron Mokoenas battered one :rolleyes:

Super pictures RM, always good to see the boys giving something back to the fans.

I'd keep Miss Roversmum away from this lot for a while if I were you. Get her a Burnley season ticket, she'll be safe there (I'm assuming all of her family are Rovers ;) )

Good pictures those roversmum but on future awards nights don't bother with the players just get pics of Tash.

Ta.

Flippin' eck mum we'd better use Tash on the future publicity literature! :o:lol:

Not sure how she'll react to having an internet stalker.

However on the bright side he is your better class of celebrity stalker, having previously written in the Telegraph and appeared on Bullseye and all that.

:tu:

I think so too, lads. She's off to London soon to do an honours degree at the Royal Academy of Dance so she'll be kept busy enough for a while!

To get back to the players(!), they are a great bunch of lads, very polite and friendly and a credit to our club. Nice to see the Academy lads there too.

Archived