BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am optimistic..... To be honest he was the only real candidate for the job since Shearer said 'no'. I still feel Advocaat, Laudrup and even HTC is out of our reach considering the current financial situation of the club. Rovers needed someone with right attitude and who got something to proove. And for me he is the right man, just, coz for him it is not just change of employer like McClown or BFS

Repeating what Sparky did will be too much to ask. A near midtable finish will keep me happy for next year.

New Blackburn boss Paul Ince has slammed Ronaldo for 'souring' United's success of last season. (Various)

Quite interesting , will this mean that Ince will be more of a "loud observer" than other coaches ?

True but I find it hard to take issue with anyone slagging Ronaldo :)

Personally i warmed to him in that press conference. It must be very difficult to have the eyes of the British media turned on you and know they are not going to ask the kind of questions you want to be asked but mainly questions about things you have no control over, and I thought he did well to answer everything without really allowing the press to make anything of the race issue. My daughter, who was there, said she came out feeling more excited about a season than any recently. She felt the enthusiasm was infectious.

True but I find it hard to take issue with anyone slagging Ronaldo :)

Or Man Utd for that matter simon.

BUT I've not read any quotes but he should say something along the lines of 'Blackburn Rovers players are my only concern now NOT those of Manchester Utd'. Next question please....

Or Man Utd for that matter simon.

for once we agree. I'm loving all the will he won't he carry on with Ronaldo and Utd. Makes a change to be able to see the journalists who were fawning over him suddenly realising that he's actually a big petulant toddler who throws tantrums when he can't get his own way.

Makes a change to be able to see the journalists who were fawning over him suddenly realising that he's actually a big petulant toddler who throws tantrums when he can't get his own way.

Who do you mean gumboots.......... Ince or Ronaldo? :blink:

Im so glad we have taken the risk - rather than BFS or McClown.

So am I.

Whilst his first big task will be to try and hold on to the star names, failure to do so should not reflect badly on him. This might just be a bridge too far. However, if he does hang on to one or both, the man is probably a genius.

I was hoping for (or rather dreaming of..) Laudrup, Bilic or HTC... :rolleyes:

I feared that we would end up with BFS or the Clown... :o

Now Paul Ince is running the show... and I feel we could have ended up with far worse, but also better...

but in the end it's the blue and white shirt that matters... so now i'm all about THE GUV'NOR'S BLUE AND WHITE ARMY! :rover:

It's a gutsy appointment; the Board could have gone for the safe-ish uninspiring choices but they went for the potentially thrilling one.

McLaren would have been OK, Allardyce would have been barely adequate, Bilic would have had me reaching for my 35 year-old Man Citeh scarf. But none of them would have been genuinely ace, whereas Ince might be.

I loathed him as a player, but then we all loathed Mark Hughes too (as someone said), and I even remember screaming abuse at David Speedie and cheering when Keeley nobbled him (Full Members' Cup quarter final, 1987).

How many times am I going to read from Ince's new found supporters that his appointments going to be a gamble?

Lets have another poll entitled ........... 'Who thinks BRFC can afford to gamble with Prem survival'?

One more time at least , Drog :)

His , or anyone's , appointment is a gamble .

I think it is the right one considering the alternatives and I will now go into the new season with something approaching optimism .

If it doesn't go to plan then at least it will be interesting . It wouldn't be that with Big Sam or McClaren . If Ince does succeed then it will be both entertaining and interesting - which to the likes of me is as important than just grinding out the results .

Worth a try I reckon ...... :closedeyes:

It's a gutsy appointment; the Board could have gone for the safe-ish uninspiring choices but they went for the potentially thrilling one.

McLaren would have been OK, Allardyce would have been barely adequate, Bilic would have had me reaching for my 35 year-old Man Citeh scarf. But none of them would have been genuinely ace, whereas Ince might be.

I loathed him as a player, but then we all loathed Mark Hughes too (as someone said), and I even remember screaming abuse at David Speedie and cheering when Keeley nobbled him (Full Members' Cup quarter final, 1987).

Your "McLaren would have been ok"comment totally invalidates the rest of your post.

Ok doing what,turning up for 2 years relegating us getting the sack then smiling off to Barbados for a month,with that million dollar smile.

Bilic an uninspiring choice?! McLaren OK? Are you quite right in the head?

Obviously not, I'd of creamed my pants at Bilic coming here.

I'm excited about Incey though, can't wait for the new season, and i obviously hope he does well, whether it means him moving on to a bigger/better club in time or not.

One of the most bizarre articles ever written, even if it is only meant as spoof - it still doesn't make sense!

Spoof ?

Its just the standard Man United ###### take.We've heard it all before.

The authors from Kidderminster Yeovil or Adis ababa.I know,heard it all before.

to be honest some people are being so pathetic and a bit two faced

when the favourites for the job were fat sam and that clown mcclaren lots of people including me said that it would be the worse thing that could happen and that next season would be a failure if we had one of them as manager but now that ince is manager over half the people who did the pole were gutted or dissapointed that we have got ince. and some of those people are saying that they would rather have one of those two jokers.

wel come on know we need to be realistic .. slavan bilic was never coming to rovers.... laudrup could have come to rovers but it was a bit unlikley and there was always a chance for ince mcclaren or fat sam coming to rovers and to be honest i no which one of the three i would rather have.

and with people saying their dissapointed is a bit silly tbh because were not a huge club were not going to attract big managers and with the size of club tht blackburn is we should be happy with who we got especially with the other people that were in the frame for the job!!!

Archived