BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This obviously has an element of risk as he has not done it at the top level. However, it would have been difficult for us to get someone who has.

This might be an inspired appointment like Mark Hughes who was also a risk because of a lack of highly relevant experience.

However, if we had wanted certainty we should have gone for Alledyce who on past form would have kept us in the premiership and had us challenging for Europe. This is potentially a far better appointment. Bolton ended up with Megson. Would we have wanted someone of that calibre.

The fact that he started at the very bottom and got away with it says alot. How many other managers would have been confident enough to take the risk .

Thats a complete cop out Capt............ cos it's ALL we bloody well can do.

Should Ince be a success Theno, then some of us who are waiting to see will cheerfully come back and admit our doubts were unfounded. Those who have stopped watching to take up new pastimes like golf will not know will they?

I've just realised that Theno can't lose here. If Ince fouls everything up he can sit and purr that he told us that was going to be the case. If Ince is a success he'll be a happy fan.

Yes but will he apologise for his silly tirade and petulant outburst?

Does the new appointment mean that the song when the players come out the tunnel is now going to be "Incey Wincey Spider"?

Given that the song is about not giving up it might be appropriate :P

That's why I apologised Fife.

Now I apologise for not reading a bit quicker. I answer posts as and when I come to them, and had not got to your apology when I made my post.

A thought has just occurred to me. I get a distinct impression that the events and the strain of the last 3 weeks or so has been getting to us all, (I know I have felt unusually niggly throughout), and there is no doubt that there have been a large number of niggly and uncharacteristic posts on the various threads over this time (mine included). Maybe now that we have a new manager we can all hopefully settle down to being our normal selves again, and concentrate on doing the thing we all purport to be here for. That is getting behind our club, manager and team and supporting them all. :)

I must say I'm surprised at all the disappointment about the hire. I mean, this has to be better than Big Sam, doesn't it?

This hire reminds me quite a bit of the Hughes hire. No, it's not like Ince is a carbon copy or anything, but there are definitely some similarities. I really don't see how Laudrup would've been all that different.

It's not the best case scenario, but I'm optimistic for now. I don't think we've got much to worry about. Just don't quote me if come April they're sitting just above the drop zone. :blink:

When I first heard Ince's name I wasn't sure how to take the news that he was being linked with the position. I was (in my dreams) hoping for an appointment like dick advocat, frank rijkard or roberto mancini. But then I realised that we probably don't have the financial stability to bring managers like that into the club. But then I started thinking about the mentality of Ince as a player. I found him when I used to watch him as a player that played with an almighty amount of passion that would lead the lines with such strength and determination. This is the type of attitude that I can see rubbing off our players in a positive manner. I think that the biggest judgement of Ince will be his first signing in the transfer market, as this will show what type of manager he will be. I think I am resigned to losing Roque and DB but to be fair the profit we would be getting from those two will help Ince. I also got to thinking that they have got to employ a fully qualified first team coach to help Ince, so who will this be?

Not happy at all. Think we had a lame set of choices & JW tried to pick the best of a bad bunch. Midtable mediocrity is the absolute best we can expect for next season. Wish I didnt feel so pessimistic but there's such a gulf in quality between Hughes and Ince its untrue. Ince is just plain thick - Hughes promised lots when he joined us and more than met that promise.

Maybe now that we have a new manager we can all hopefully settle down to being our normal selves again, and concentrate on doing the thing we all purport to be here for. That is getting behind our club, manager and team and supporting them all. :)

Fully endorse those thoughts Fife, still, I would prefer we did that supporting at Ewood on matchday rather than just on this MB or the golf course ;)

Time to focus on the next interesting things, the backroom staff, retention of key players and one or two additions. At least two of those are positive and even the loss of some key players may significantly boost the transfer fund. :rolleyes:

Time to focus on the next interesting things, the backroom staff, retention of key players and one or two additions. At least two of those are positive and even the loss of some key players may significantly boost the transfer fund. :rolleyes:

Does Andre still want to sod off do you think?

Does Andre still want to sod off do you think?

I doubt if he will change his stance unless Ince tells him he will be first choice, more likely to return home. He spent his career in Holland so may want to finish there. Shame, good footballer.

Do wonder whether he is right on his sell-by date.

I've just realised that Theno can't lose here. If Ince fouls everything up he can sit and purr that he told us that was going to be the case. If Ince is a success he'll be a happy fan.

And.... I'll get ny handicap down! :P

Football club management, since you ask.

Using Ince's managerial career so far, what possible basis can you have for saying this. He hasn't put a foot wrong.

I dare say if Hughes had been dropped into the two jobs that Ince has done he wouldn't have been able to be any more successful than Ince has.

That's not saying Ince is a better manager but for you to say he is THICK based on football management is ludicrous.

You've made a statement with no facts to back it up and have come across as rather ... err... thick.

Using Ince's managerial career so far, what possible basis can you have for saying this. He hasn't put a foot wrong.

I dare say if Hughes had been dropped into the two jobs that Ince has done he wouldn't have been able to be any more successful than Ince has.

That's not saying Ince is a better manager but for you to say he is THINK based on football management is ludicrous.

You've made a statement with no facts to back it up and have come across as rather ... err... thick.

Besides the changing of THINK to Thick I agree 100%.

Archived