BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Signing Robbie Fowler sends the worst possible message by the new manager.

OK when Hughes hoovered up Rovers' backroom staff it was inevitable a young and inexperienced manager would pick up people he knows and trusts at management/coaching level.

But to make his first signing a non-performing second division player who everybody knows he is best mates with is a catastrophically bad decision.

The last thing we want is a Manager with favourites and mates in the players' changing room.

The other issue is you don't fix what is not broken. We were going into this season with the strongest forward line and best goalkeeping strength since the mid-90s. Heavy emphasis on WERE after yesterday's appalling news.

I am now very seriously worried.

Ince and his team in less than ONE week at the club seems to have got off to a distastrous startwith thenews about Friedel and Fowler, totally share your doubts about how long Ince will last. Will he last longer than Jim Illey did in the seventies.

We've made a massive mistake with him and I'm gutted to say I thought he could be good.

Every move he has made so far has been terrible. Ray Mathias, Archie Knox, dismal press conference and I think we're in real trouble if he's selling Friedel and signing Fowler. Don't give him time to **** up Hughes' work any more, lets get on his back now and get him OUT...

We've made a massive mistake with him and I'm gutted to say I thought he could be good.

Every move he has made so far has been terrible. Ray Mathias, Archie Knox, dismal press conference and I think we're in real trouble if he's selling Friedel and signing Fowler. Don't give him time to **** up Hughes' work any more, lets get on his back now and get him OUT...

Don't be silly. I have always been against Ince's appointment and am pretty apalled by his actions so far. But we haven't played any games yet, he isn't going anywhere for at least 6 months either way and if we get on his back now then he's pretty much doomed to failure. We have to support him and give him at least some time, we have no hope otherwise.

This is Blackburn Rovers not Newcastle United, get a grip.

I second that, for the love of god at least lets us start the season before we have this rubbish!

I have to agree. There's been some very strange developments but let's a least give him the first 5 mins of the first pre season game before taking the decision to sack him and all the other new staff.

Listen, I was as against this guy as anyone (except possibly AESF), but you have to give a manager time.

So far he's said pretty much the right things and we've been linked with a couple of good players. Selling Friedel is an interesting one, but there's obviously more to it than we know, so we can't judge him on it at the moment. On top of that, I think if Hughes had decided to sell Friedel this summer the thought would have been, "we love the guy, he loves the club, but he is getting old so maybe it is smart to take the money and find the replacement now". That would have been because we had built up a trust with Hughes in the transfer market, but just because someone is new does that mean they should keep their ambitions for the club in check?

On the Fowler thing. I don't really like it, but maybe it is with a view to a bit of coaching. Even if it isn't, as long as he is on lowish wages and it isn't a sign of what all of Ince's signings are like then I'm fine with it. We'll have 7 subs next season and Fowler on the bench would give us a different option to what we have in the squad at the moment. I wouldn't do it myself, but it isn't going to break the club or the bank even if it goes wrong.

I hope he makes at least one inspiring signing, he really needs to just to put this summer in the positive light, I hope that he and JW are smart enough to realise that. I also hope that he realises that we need more than just 2 players who can seriously challenge for a spot in the first team (excluding possible Friedel, Bentley or Santa Cruz replacements).

Give him time.

Anyway, we can't afford to may him the several million pounds we would have to pay him if we fired him at this point.

Anyway, we can't afford to may him the several million pounds we would have to pay him if we fired him at this point.

Hopefully the board put in some kind of clause to enable him to be offed quickly and inexpensively if we're rock bottom by Christmas.

Listen, I was as against this guy as anyone (except possibly AESF), but you have to give a manager time.

So far he's said pretty much the right things and we've been linked with a couple of good players. Selling Friedel is an interesting one, but there's obviously more to it than we know, so we can't judge him on it at the moment. On top of that, I think if Hughes had decided to sell Friedel this summer the thought would have been, "we love the guy, he loves the club, but he is getting old so maybe it is smart to take the money and find the replacement now". That would have been because we had built up a trust with Hughes in the transfer market, but just because someone is new does that mean they should keep their ambitions for the club in check?

On the Fowler thing. I don't really like it, but maybe it is with a view to a bit of coaching. Even if it isn't, as long as he is on lowish wages and it isn't a sign of what all of Ince's signings are like then I'm fine with it. We'll have 7 subs next season and Fowler on the bench would give us a different option to what we have in the squad at the moment. I wouldn't do it myself, but it isn't going to break the club or the bank even if it goes wrong.

I hope he makes at least one inspiring signing, he really needs to just to put this summer in the positive light, I hope that he and JW are smart enough to realise that. I also hope that he realises that we need more than just 2 players who can seriously challenge for a spot in the first team (excluding possible Friedel, Bentley or Santa Cruz replacements).

Give him time.

Obviously we can't sack him yet. that would be just plain stupid. However, he does need to pull off something half way decent to begin to get back the good will that most, though not all of us, were willing to extend to him. Hopefully we're getting all the "bad" news out of the way first and then things will get better.

its crap.

it total goes against what the club was all about, getting in young, hungry players with something to prove.

not old past it players looking for a payday.

Huh? Vogel, Cole, Tugay, Youri, Baggio, Oojier, I could go on....

Ok- the Friedel thing had me worried. The Fowler thing means I want him gone NOW. Before he makes any MORE disasterous mistakes. (I don't care if he's the new boot cleaner)

And here was me thinking that I couldn't hate any manager as much as I hated Souness.

Ok- the Friedel thing had me worried. The Fowler thing means I want him gone NOW. Before he makes any MORE disasterous mistakes. (I don't care if he's the new boot cleaner)

And here was me thinking that I couldn't hate any manager as much as I hated Souness.

Remember what Souness did at Liverpool? Sold the good players, and bought crap......I hope Ince is not looking to copy this.

To answer the topic question: Not anymore :angry2: Can't believe he's even considering selling Brad Friedel!

Archived