BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

I think Ince is going to be a disaster and I'm gutted with myself for putting him with Terim and Van Gaal as my choices to replace Hughes. I was unaware he had no coaching badges and assumed he would be doing better than employing Ray Mathias if he did come.

Don't be too hard on yourself, I can say with hand on heart, your thoughts on the matter had sweet FA to do with Ince getting the job :lol:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is getting rediculous. we havnt even kicked a ball yet and people are sugesting they want ince sacked. we really are a bunch of fickle fans :wacko:

Valid point dring and God knows the club need his appointment to work.

BUT

I think it is based in and does illustrate the amount of disappointment / dejection / disbelief (in my case) / despair.... delete as appropriate caused by his appointment.

So what has happened in the Ince 'era' so far....

Backroom staff nearly assembled. Some of the names have never been heard of before. However, some been around the block as well (Knox and Steele). Full team to be finalised next week. Overall, blend of (unknown) youth and experience.

Robbie Fowler on trial (confirmed by the club).

Bentley, with us still somehow. Apparently should have signed for Villa and Spurs by now. Nice video of him

Ince admits he does not have a clue how much money he has to spend (LET). Must be great not to know for planning purposes.

Ince openly tells the world that we are after a right back. Good to keep things quiet when chasing targets and must be great for Brett's confidence (LET).

Apparently, legend Brad Friedal could leave the club. Still widely rated as one one of the best goalkeepers around. However, for some unknown reason, he could leave......

Ince admits he does not have a clue how much money he has to spend (LET). Must be great not to know for planning purposes.

Ince openly tells the world that we are after a right back. Good to keep things quiet when chasing targets and must be great for Brett's confidence (LET).

So on the one hand you want him to keep quiet about transfers yet you want him to tell us how much money he has..

Backroom staff nearly assembled. Some of the names have never been heard of before. However, some been around the block as well (Knox and Steele). Full team to be finalised next week. Overall, blend of (unknown) youth and experience.

Bentley, with us still somehow. Apparently should have signed for Villa and Spurs by now. Nice video of him

Apparently, legend Brad Friedal could leave the club. Still widely rated as one one of the best goalkeepers around. However, for some unknown reason, he could leave......

+ a really bad opening press conference where he made a joke about dropping into the relegation zone...

ACE...

So on the one hand you want him to keep quiet about transfers yet you want him to tell us how much money he has..

I would have though a more 'intelligent' response would have been, 'I have an idea of what I can spend'.

+ a really bad opening press conference where he made a joke about dropping into the relegation zone...

ACE...

Those who were actually at the press conference came out buzzing. They were very impressed, more so than they expected to be.

ACE...

I watched the press conference in full and it was obviously tongue-in-cheek.

I thought he came across very well with honest straight answers,and it was refreshing to see somebody not using the typical football cliches.

I wasn`t impressed when Hughes took over and was glad to be proved wrong.

Give the guy a chance.

I think an answer like "I have been given a figure by the board that I am comfortable with, but for obvious reasons I will not disclose."

Or something other than "I have no clue how much I have to spend"

I watched the press conference in full and it was obviously tongue-in-cheek.

I thought he came across very well with honest straight answers,and it was refreshing to see somebody not using the typical football cliches.

I wasn`t impressed when Hughes took over and was glad to be proved wrong.

Give the guy a chance.

Besides the nerves he was fine, just has to keep his cards closer to the chest in regards to money and who we are looking at.

We are all concerned in Blackburn at this moment in time John, hopefully theres been a lot of nonesense put out plus a few early mistakes made by Paul Ince that will need to be quickly rectified but we'll just have to give him some rope for now as the pressure is clearly on Paul Ince now.

He certainly isnt bringing any extra fans into Ewood at this moment in time but could well lose quite a few.

I continue to be amazed at the distress caused by a few tabloid journalists! They have to make a living you know. Let's face it, there hasn't been much real football news has there?

Fowler is a bet to nothing.......I reckon he's worth a gamble when there is little to lose.

It seems that Brad may have been offered really silly money by Villa. If that is the case, good luck to him. No matter how much I love my job (if only), I would move like a shot if someone wanted to double my pay.

To get back to the main point, however, I just can't believe that John Williams and the board would do any of the dumb things that they are accused of contemplating. There is no precedence for it in my view. They have always acted with shrewd business acumen and I don't see why it should change now.

Before anyone mentions Bellamy........I think they did all they could to keep him - and he would never have been at the club except for "that clause".

I was disappointed that we didn't go for Laudrup, but thought that Ince could well do a good job for us as well and I would support him. However there are a few areas of concern already, mainly in terms of transfers in and out of the club. Losing Friedal would be a disaster. He guarantees the team two or three wins a season with his performances alone. Then Ince brings in Robbie Fowler on trial. A guy who was continually injured last season and couldn't make it onto the Cardiff first team. We have also been linked with a couple of players from the lower divisions which doesn't really inspire confidence. It's still too early to judge, especially as he hasn't signed anyone, but there have been a few question marks raised already.

Ince does not want Brad to leave. This situation is not of his doing. Nor is it the doing of JW or the Board.

I can understand fans being upset and wanting to discuss the situation but Ince is not at fault here so please give him a break.

As far as Fowler is concerned, I can't condone his previous antics (which is why I said I would not be happy for him to cross the threshold at Brockhall) but he has been a good player and if Ince feels he has something to offer then we must support Ince. At the moment Robbie is just training with the squad, can't do any harm and you never know, he might be able to show Roberts where the goalmouth is!!!!!!!!

If Brad is offered a deal that doubles his wages, what do you expect?

I would accept a similar offer no matter how much I loved my job.

What should Rovers do? Offer to match the money - or say "Good on you mate.....you have been a great servant - fill yer boots?" or say "You're under contract laddie - see you Monday."

I know which I would prefer, but don't expect Legends to behave differently from the rest of us.

This comment by Williams might shed some light:

"There is some interest but Paul Ince's wish is to start the season with Brad Friedel," Williams told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph.

Start the season is the key. We have another transfer window in January, perhaps Ince has made it clear he can't guarantee Brad's future beyond January?

I'd go all out to keep Brad for at least another season. With a new management team, player uncertainity and new players coming in its going to take time to adjust and find our feet this season. Brad is the sort of player we need to keep in order to stabilise.

I find some of the rhetoric on here absolutely laughable to be honest, especially as we know we are relatively hard done by when it comes to the press (As are most smaller clubs) However, the doom mongers flock on here expecting the Chief Executive or The Manager to respond to every article that is printed on us!?

I'm sure they are far to busy concentrating on their jobs and most of it is complete drivel and lunacy, which is standard for July with the deadline looming and pre season underway.

Why can't we just wait and see? Bizarre I know, especially for people who aren't season ticket holders and haven't made the time to listen to the press conference they refer to.

I'm upbeat and staying that way, what will be will be and hopefully our faith will be re paid, it normally is.

I have to say I'm not big on Ince's appointment. People compare it to Mark Hughes, but the context is entirely different. Hughes was managing at international level, handling big players and egos like Giggs & Bellamy. I can't criticize JW for giving the guy a shot at the big time, but when names like Henk ten Cate and Michael Laudrup were touted, I understand why people are underwhelmed especially with Ince bringing fuddy-duddies with him and giving Robbie Fowler a trial. He could very well be out of his depth, as it is quite a step-up. However, Ince has to realize our position and how there's no honeymoon period in football. You live and die by your decisions.

As for the guy who returned his season ticket. That's your prerogative, mate. I'm not gonna sit here and say you aren't a true Blackburn fan, because everyone's definition is different. It's your money, do what you want with it.

Ince does not want Brad to leave. This situation is not of his doing. Nor is it the doing of JW or the Board.

I can understand fans being upset and wanting to discuss the situation but Ince is not at fault here so please give him a break.

As far as Fowler is concerned, I can't condone his previous antics (which is why I said I would not be happy for him to cross the threshold at Brockhall) but he has been a good player and if Ince feels he has something to offer then we must support Ince. At the moment Robbie is just training with the squad, can't do any harm and you never know, he might be able to show Roberts where the goalmouth is!!!!!!!!

If that's true Roversmum all Ince has to do is match the terms that Villa might offer Brad. That way we reward a loyal servant and ensure he remains at the club. Better that then spending four or five million on Robinson. It will be interesting to see which choice Ince makes.

As for Fowler, sorry, I just don't see the point of taking him to Germany. He's injury prone, hasn't kicked a ball since December and, once again, sends out the wrong message about the club's intentions. We finish 7th in the Premier League and are looking at a player who failed to make an impact on a struggling Championship side. Surely, it would have been better to have taken a couple of the club's younger players to Germany instead of bringing in an old has been who just happens to be a mate of the manager.

I want Ince to be a success and build on what Mark Hughes achieved but I have to say that I have not been particularly impressed with some of his backroom choices or the arrival of Fowler on trial. I shall look forward to seeing if Brad appears at Macclesfield tomorrow night. It's an opportunity for fans to leave the manager in no doubt as to the importance we place on Brad at Ewood Park.

If that's true Roversmum all Ince has to do is match the terms that Villa might offer Brad. That way we reward a loyal servant and ensure he remains at the club. Better that then spending four or five million on Robinson. It will be interesting to see which choice Ince makes.

No, it will be interesting to see which choice FRIEDEL makes!

If Rovers make Brad an offer to pay him twice as much as he is now (and therefore twice as much as the rest of the big stars at Ewood) it would be commercially bonkers.

Doubly bonkers if those terms were offered until the player is 40!!

Don't offer him improved terms, just turn his transfer request down. Goodness me, would we be the only club that's ever refused a transfer request?

If he hasn't asked for a transfer, then there is no problem.

Archived