BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This in no way is a criticism of Paul Ince, because it isn't his fault that Hughes left, but you I get the feeling that if Hughes was still here, there wouldn't be so much uncertainty about players futures. We had a good season last year, even if we did go through a bad patch and we were all looking expectantly to this season, with Hughes having some decent money to spend and the European Championships to identify some good players. Then out of the blue Hughes decides to jump ship to a team that can 'fulfill his ambitions'. Hughes stance of not letting his better players leave was then thrown completely out the window as he left the club in the lurch and players like Bentley who were reported to be wanting to leave then do television interviews saying that they want to leave.

Ever since then there has been constant uncertainty about some of our players. It's as if Hughes departure has given some players the opportunity to leave and given other clubs the impression that we are vulnerable and want to take advantage of this and get our better players. We've said this all before, but how can a club like ours look to develop and improve if after every good season we have, where we out do teams with a whole lot more money than us, our better players are just poached by the teams that we finish ahead of. It is so demoralising when you think of the players that we have taken a chance on or uncovered and once they have developed and played well, other teams try to strong arm us into selling them. I know this is how the world works, but it doesn't make it any easier to take.

If Paul Ince can overcome this tricky period, then he will have done well and we can go into the new season knowing that on a player basis we are no worse off than last year. In fact these South American guys could bring that bit of quality to the team that could keep us in the top half of the league.

This in no way is a criticism of Paul Ince, because it isn't his fault that Hughes left, but you I get the feeling that if Hughes was still here, there wouldn't be so much uncertainty about players futures. We had a good season last year, even if we did go through a bad patch and we were all looking expectantly to this season, with Hughes having some decent money to spend and the European Championships to identify some good players. Then out of the blue Hughes decides to jump ship to a team that can 'fulfill his ambitions'. Hughes stance of not letting his better players leave was then thrown completely out the window as he left the club in the lurch and players like Bentley who were reported to be wanting to leave then do television interviews saying that they want to leave.

Ever since then there has been constant uncertainty about some of our players. It's as if Hughes departure has given some players the opportunity to leave and given other clubs the impression that we are vulnerable and want to take advantage of this and get our better players.

Hughes leaving is not the cause. When he was here we fretted about:

Spurs and Gamst

Pompey and Nelsen

Chelsea and McCarthy

He was unable to keep Neill and Bellamy.

The situation with Bentley and Friedel is not too dissimilar.

Have to be honest and admit the transfer speculation affects me, possibly in a negative fasion. I always criticise others for knee-jerk reactions and this summer has seen me guilty of this to an extent.

Just need to keep the faith and wait for things to unfold I guess.

Hughes leaving is not the cause. When he was here we fretted about:

Spurs and Gamst

Pompey and Nelsen

Chelsea and McCarthy

He was unable to keep Neill and Bellamy.

The situation with Bentley and Friedel is not too dissimilar.

I agree with that to be honest.

Yes this summer has been worrying but it is easy to navel gaze. Looking around the Premier League, many clubs are going through similar times. Spuds- Keane and Berbatov. Villa- Gareth Barry. Arsenal- the whole midfield minus Fabregas.

Given all the current dealings, and speculation, players in, players out.

Would it have been any different, with Laudrup, Ten Cate or any other of the candidates.

With the exception of Andrews :lol::D

Well of course it would, but probably only on the players in. IMO

I for one, am finding it very difficult to get a over all picture of what is going on.

Having said that Ince, has not had much time. How much time will we give him?.

I think he needs to pull at least, two fantastic signings before the start of the season(excluding Brads replacement and Villanueva) to to get the fans united and behind him. If not I think he is in for a very mixed reception against Hull, or even against NAC Brada. :angry: Especial if any more of the cream turns sour. :angry2:

Give him a break. He has a gabillion things going on and is trying to get stuff done. Villaneuva seems in the bag, we have not lost any players yet. We won't get a real understanding of what his tenure is going to be like until the end of August. Lets just see it unfold.

Still underwhelmed by Ince's regime. Nothing to get excited about yet - apart from a couple of youtube videos.

There's too much negativity around at the moment - Friedel, Warnock, Bentley, Rocky, Fowler, Andrews. Not a positive story in sight about any of them.

Ince has a huge, huge task. We have a tough start to the season and it won't take much for this to go very wrong.

Bolton survived Allardyce leaving and he disastrous appointment of Little Sam ONLY imo because they had not sold any players in the summer transfer window and still retained the squad that had qualified for the UEFA cup the season before.

When I said BRFC must let no one go this summer I was bearing this in mind that at least Megson had something to work with when he came in. Selling just Anelka in Jan and with Jaskellainen suffering injury damned near did for em as it was. Compare this to our nightmare scenario of possibly selling our best 4..... and picking up long term injuries on top of that!

Bolton survived Allardyce leaving and he disastrous appointment of Little Sam ONLY imo because they had not sold any players in the summer transfer window and still retained the squad that had qualified for the UEFA cup the season before.

When I said BRFC must let no one go this summer I was bearing this in mind that at least Megson had something to work with when he came in. Selling just Anelka in Jan and with Jaskellainen suffering injury damned near did for em as it was. Compare this to our nightmare scenario of possibly selling our best 4..... and picking up long term injuries on top of that!

Have we sold any yet?

Bolton survived Allardyce leaving and he disastrous appointment of Little Sam ONLY imo because they had not sold any players in the summer transfer window

Personally I think they survived because they realised the monumental error of appointing Little Sam very early. I think with him in charge they would have been relegated, regardless of who came and went.

The same goes for Wigan and Hutchinson/Bruce...they would be in the Championship now if they hadn't rectified that one early on.

I think that Ince will be an total and utter failure. :angry:

We can't afford a total failure, when we went down in '66 I thought we would be straight back up . It took us the best part of 30 years ! We've got two games in two days ( whoever dreamed that up wants a good bollocking ) two losses and the pressure is really on.

We can't afford a total failure, when we went down in '66 I thought we would be straight back up . It took us the best part of 30 years !(AND UNCLE JACK'S MILLIONS, WITHOUT WHICH WE WOULD NEVER HAVE DONE IT ). We've got two games in two days ( whoever dreamed that up wants a good bollocking ) two losses and the pressure is really on.

Could you please elaborate on your post?

I would like to know what is a total failure to you?

He has been here such a long time that the lists of mismanagement and goof's is so long that I am unable to comprehend which failure you are talking about.

We can't afford a total failure, when we went down in '66 I thought we would be straight back up . It took us the best part of 30 years ! We've got two games in two days ( whoever dreamed that up wants a good bollocking ) two losses and the pressure is really on.

Sad, Sad, time, I remember the feeling cried for a week.

Still it prepared me well, for the life and times ahead with Rovers.

Please expand after reading the meaning of failure.

FAILURE.

In general

It refers to the state or condition of not meeting a desirable or intended objective.

It may be viewed as the opposite of success.

Criteria for failure

The criteria for failure are heavily dependent on context of use, and may be relative to a particular observer or belief system. A situation considered to be a failure by one might be considered a success by another, particularly in cases of direct competition or a zero-sum game. As well, the degree of success or failure in a situation may be differently viewed by distinct observers or participants, such that a situation that one considers to be a failure, another might consider to be a success, a qualified success or a neutral situation.

It may also be difficult or impossible to ascertain whether a situation meets criteria for failure or success due to ambiguous or ill-defined definition of those criteria. Finding useful and effective criteria, or heuristics, to judge the success or failure of a situation may itself be a significant task.

:rover: its a bloody pre-season tournement,i expect us to lose both,pre season is about getting fit-getting used to the new regime,the time to post this is the 1st game off the league :tu::brfc:

Desperately worried about what's going on at Rovers.

Hughes goes with apparently, very little attempt to keep him. Takes every other paid employee with him.

JW says he's loathe to allow our best players leave to strengthen our nearest challengers for the UEFA cup, - then let's them go.

Ince not having seen the squad, apparently allows players like bentley and Friedel leave, when he didn't have to. We're allowing Friedel to go and are replacing him with an insuperior goalkeeper - and we're paying a million pounds to do it. All he had to do was tell JW to keep the squad together, as Hughes did at the end of last season and none of this would be happening. Ince doesn't have a meaningful word to say to the fans since his appointment.

Very, very ominous signs.

Archived