BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

So the likely prospect,of andrews coming in,and making an impression,we wil wait in anticipation of that.is it just me,or is paul ince looking to bring in everybody,he is/or have been mates with,or worked with?im a little worried,that his only options have been to get in people he knows,and also from hughes previous targets?

Thus far, Ince looks like Roy Keane mark 2- who blew well over £20m on old mates and lower league players who between them had little more effect than making us remember Kenwynne Jones' hairstyle.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im just thinking,that if we had to get in either advocaat,laudrup,bilic,or ten cate,then i wouldnt have been disappointed if they brought the people the know,to the club.different people,different class,more capable.

A lot of things going on at the moment look potentially disastrous.

Or, perhaps, contrary to many people’s opinion, they could turn out to be strokes of genius....

We will find out soon.

So the likely prospect,of andrews coming in,and making an impression,we wil wait in anticipation of that.is it just me,or is paul ince looking to bring in everybody,he is/or have been mates with,or worked with?im a little worried,that his only options have been to get in people he knows,and also from hughes previous targets?

the time to slag ince off, is if we get off to a horror start and the new signings perform really badly.

not now when he's 5 seconds into his job. people are so impatient - just give the guy a few weeks to get in all his targets, then lets start judging him after 10 games! All the rest is just speculation.

A lot of things going on at the moment look potentially disastrous.

Or, perhaps, contrary to many people’s opinion, they could turn out to be strokes of genius....

We will find out soon.

It's a bit like watching Rolf Harris paint a picture. At the beginning you think ' what the feck is going on here'. It's only when he puts in the final brush strokes when you see the final picture and think 'Bl00dy hell, that's good'

OK, I'll get me coat.

Thus far, Ince looks like Roy Keane mark 2- who blew well over £20m on old mates and lower league players who between them had little more effect than making us remember Kenwynne Jones' hairstyle.

He also got a team promoted and kept them up. He wasted some money, but he still achieved what was wanted.

He also got a team promoted and kept them up. He wasted some money, but he still achieved what was wanted.

The guy from the Daily Telegraph had good words to say about Ince and the new regime as well as the club this morning.

the time to slag ince off, is if we get off to a horror start and the new signings perform really badly.

not now when he's 5 seconds into his job. people are so impatient - just give the guy a few weeks to get in all his targets, then lets start judging him after 10 games! All the rest is just speculation.

Not if his targets include £1.5 million for Keith Andrews.

I totally see what your point is and I would agree in most cases, but getting in Andrews, I think fans need to make themselves heard before he makes any more of these signings this window.

Not if his targets include £1.5 million for Keith Andrews.

I totally see what your point is and I would agree in most cases, but getting in Andrews, I think fans need to make themselves heard before he makes any more of these signings this window.

But why should he make any more of these signings? He wants a guy he knows and trusts and presumably he thinks can do a job at this level, but why should he want others from that level. He was a Man Utd, Inter and Liverpool player and knows the quality you needed even then to play in the premiership. Give him a chance. I don't think our chairman would sanction too many lower division signings anyway.

I don't think our chairman would sanction too many lower division signings anyway.

JW would be in a catch 22. He can hardly say to the man he trusts to manage us that he can't sign the man he wants because he doesn't want him here. On the other hand Mk Dons are rubbish :rock:

JW would be in a catch 22. He can hardly say to the man he trusts to manage us that he can't sign the man he wants because he doesn't want him here. On the other hand Mk Dons are rubbish :rock:

Which is why I said he won't sanction more like this. He says yes to this one to show he trusts Ince then gets tough if there are any others. The time to get what you want is when you first arrive anyway. It's the same with teaching, anyway. when you first go in is the time to say your text books are falling apart and out of date etc. The rest of us get told to get out the sellotape and tippex and do our best.

But why should he make any more of these signings? He wants a guy he knows and trusts and presumably he thinks can do a job at this level, but why should he want others from that level. He was a Man Utd, Inter and Liverpool player and knows the quality you needed even then to play in the premiership. Give him a chance. I don't think our chairman would sanction too many lower division signings anyway.

That argument just doesn't stand up. How many managers in our league have played top level football and still signed absolute dross?!

:rover: i reckon everyone must take a deep breath here.

a certian member of this board willingly/unwillingly is making comments about players,which lead lesser lights to believe that the new manager is at fault/does not rate certian players.use your head folks,give ince a chance :brfcsmilie:

I don't think it's his fault, but things really are falling apart.

Are they? It seems pretty certain that even though Brad wants to go we've told him we can't let that happen until we get in a replacement. So far nobody other than the released players have gone. There is talk of a couple of new midfielders coming in and, if their hype is anything to go by they might be half decent. Changing yes, but falling apart, not yet. Bentley will probably still go. If he does we'll be looking at decent money. I'd rather he stayed personally but, if he's going get rid soon and get the replacement in in time to get some preseason. I was depressed but since seeing Monday's match i just feel it's not as bad as it appears. There ae plenty of clubs out there not linked with anyone and Villa fans are panicking because they don't even knoww if they've enough first team players to put a team out they are so thin on the ground. Ince is finding it harder than he thought I think, with all the speculation around our squad, but at least what he has is in good shape. When Mark Hughes came in he said that the team were unfit and there was so much to do that he hadn't realised. We got behind him and it worked. Give Ince chance to see what he can do.

Whenever I used to moan about Hughes playing 'dull' football, everyone used to snipe, ''Oh, do you want us to fill our team with South Amercans blah blah blah.''

Well yes, I bloody do. And now what's happening eh?

I'd like to take this oppotunity to invite you all to suck my balls.

INCEYS' GONNA GET YA... BOOM!!

Archived