BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

to be honest some people are being so pathetic and a bit two faced

when the favourites for the job were fat sam and that clown mcclaren lots of people including me said that it would be the worse thing that could happen and that next season would be a failure if we had one of them as manager but now that ince is manager over half the people who did the pole were gutted or dissapointed that we have got ince. and some of those people are saying that they would rather have one of those two jokers.

wel come on know we need to be realistic .. slavan bilic was never coming to rovers.... laudrup could have come to rovers but it was a bit unlikley and there was always a chance for ince mcclaren or fat sam coming to rovers and to be honest i no which one of the three i would rather have.

and with people saying their dissapointed is a bit silly tbh because were not a huge club were not going to attract big managers and with the size of club tht blackburn is we should be happy with who we got especially with the other people that were in the frame for the job!!!

I accept your post sparky but the fact remains that despite plenty of reported interest in the position we have appointed a manager and assistant manager from the 4th Div. Most positive reaction therefore can only be down to optimism.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet Hughes hadn`t even made said " 4th division " !!!!!

Just a quartely meet up with the best his country had to offer. No experience of scouting, transfers, budgets, multi nationality etc etc

I TOTALLY agree with the realistic gents on here reference Ince, he's been appointed, he represents us and the blue & whites and that's final ! So now we get behind him and the team (As we always do)

Now his appointment has sunk in, I don't know how most people resist the optimism that is flowing from our club, our chairman is the most enthusiastic I think I have ever seen him, Ince himself was the same, with some confidence.

Also, quite notably IMO, our club did us very proud in the way it conducted the whole event (End to End) and hopefully will be seen as an example of how to behave by others of less reputable premier league clubs.

I'm genuinely excited now, I think Ince will have a really good go and we will see exciting football at our ground wrapped around a good proportion of cold steel where it's meant to be.

I for one, am very much looking forward to using my season ticket this time around, Ince is a million miles better than the vast majority of the REALISTIC options on the table.

(I don't even want to contemplate what it would have been like to see umbrella man or BFS leading our club out!)

With all the negativity coming from the usual crowd, Ince had better win the league to prove himself Anything more and it'll be the usual p_ss and moan from the likes of Theno, Jan and all those other people who wanted Dr. Evil, Bill Oddie or some other unspecified individual who had no chance of taking the job. I swear, some people here would complain about peace on Earth if it ever happened.

This is how I see the next few seasons panning out:

2008/9: 10th or 11th. Ince will have great games, but make a few tactical errors due to lack of experience

2009/10: 6th-8th. UEFA Cup a possibility as a more mature,assured Ince learns from his mistakes

2010/11: 5th-8th. Ince hits the glass ceiling intstalled by the Champions League, and gets us in the mix for a UEFA Cup place.

This coming season will probably see us slip a little, due to Bentley leaving, and Ince getting used to the Premiership, but I'm confident in the long run. I guess that makes me a fake Rovers fan since I'm being positive.

............... Most positive reaction therefore can only be down to optimism.

I TOTALLY agree with the realistic gents on here reference Ince, he's been appointed, he represents us and the blue & whites and that's final ! So now we get behind him and the team (As we always do)

Now his appointment has sunk in, I don't know how most people resist the optimism that is flowing from our club, our chairman is the most enthusiastic I think I have ever seen him, Ince himself was the same, with some confidence.

Also, quite notably IMO, our club did us very proud in the way it conducted the whole event (End to End) and hopefully will be seen as an example of how to behave by others of less reputable premier league clubs.

I'm genuinely excited now, I think Ince will have a really good go and we will see exciting football at our ground wrapped around a good proportion of cold steel where it's meant to be.

I for one, am very much looking forward to using my season ticket this time around, Ince is a million miles better than the vast majority of the REALISTIC options on the table.

(I don't even want to contemplate what it would have been like to see umbrella man or BFS leading our club out!)

Another fine example, if one were needed. of a view that can only be based entirely on optimism.

I'm afraid that my life's experiences have made me too much of a reallist.

I'm not an undue optimist - quite the opposite - but when those who have met Ince tell me that they got very positive feelings from what he said and the whole manner he had then I have to feel that he deserves to be given every chance. I'm not just reacting to the press or to stories on here about the optimism but from talking personally to those who've met Ince.

I see our friends the LET are running a story tonight on how Ince's 'dream job' would be Inter Milan. :rolleyes:

He's a big job to do at Ewood first thank you very much <_<

No problemo, if he wants the Inter job (or any others) he needs to do well for us. If that's the case good luck to him. Better than having to look for a new manager after he's failed ......

I see our friends the LET are running a story tonight on how Ince's 'dream job' would be Inter Milan. :rolleyes:

He's a big job to do at Ewood first thank you very much <_<

The MEN ran it yesterday.

It means he has to do really well with us if he is to have any chance of getting his 'dream job'

Ince has taken on a very good Rovers squad and with a few other additions to the squad, we will be a very good team under Ince. The so called fans who are calling Ince, even before his managing career has started at Rovers are just quite utter brainless.

Ince has taken on a very good Rovers squad and with a few other additions to the squad, we will be a very good team under Ince. The so called fans who are calling Ince, even before his managing career has started at Rovers are just quite utter brainless.

and you are the one that cant wait to get rid our the best player in his squad. :rolleyes: If thats having brains then I'm happy to be thick.

and you are the one that cant wait to get rid our the best player in his squad. :rolleyes: If thats having brains then I'm happy to be thick.

i am not saying that drog FFS, Bentley has made his mind up he wants to leave Rovers, so we need to move on and get as much money as we can for him. By the way you are thick, u need to cheer up a bit more as well u grumpy old man!!!

Another fine example, if one were needed. of a view that can only be based entirely on optimism.

I'm afraid that my life's experiences have made me too much of a reallist.

I can live with that accusation nodrog TBH, however...

The flip side of my temperament is that we've lost before we've started and I'll never sign up for that, you're either that or a fence sitter and I didn't have you down as a Mr Creosote, so IMHO you're a doom monger and your welcome to your nearly empty pint as appose to my half full one.

Personally, I think he'll succeed here.

i am not saying that drog FFS, Bentley has made his mind up he wants to leave Rovers, so we need to move on and get as much money as we can for him. By the way you are thick, u need to cheer up a bit more as well u grumpy old man!!!

Only if we've got suitable replacements in mind. we can't simply sell and then look around for replacements. We've ended up having to do that in the past and then clubs know you need players, prices go up because they know you've got money in your pockets and so on. also so far Ince is saying Bentley's going nowhere. Thatr may change as the transfer window moves on but there's no need to rush into selling before training gets going. I'd like it sorted. I'd like to be talking about players coming in not going out but not if we end up weakening not strengthening our squad

Signing Robbie Fowler sends the worst possible message by the new manager.

OK when Hughes hoovered up Rovers' backroom staff it was inevitable a young and inexperienced manager would pick up people he knows and trusts at management/coaching level.

But to make his first signing a non-performing second division player who everybody knows he is best mates with is a catastrophically bad decision.

The last thing we want is a Manager with favourites and mates in the players' changing room.

The other issue is you don't fix what is not broken. We were going into this season with the strongest forward line and best goalkeeping strength since the mid-90s. Heavy emphasis on WERE after yesterday's appalling news.

I am now very seriously worried.

Signing Robbie Fowler sends the worst possible message by the new manager.

OK when Hughes hoovered up Rovers' backroom staff it was inevitable a young and inexperienced manager would pick up people he knows and trusts at management/coaching level.

But to make his first signing a non-performing second division player who everybody knows he is best mates with is a catastrophically bad decision.

The last thing we want is a Manager with favourites and mates in the players' changing room.

The other issue is you don't fix what is not broken. We were going into this season with the strongest forward line and best goalkeeping strength since the mid-90s. Heavy emphasis on WERE after yesterday's appalling news.

I am now very seriously worried.

Agreed. I feared Ince may be bad but didn't think he'd be this bad.

If only Williams had picked Laudrup...

Archived