BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

8 of em! So thats Ince , Mellelieu (only cos he's a black fella), the knob from the Mirror and another 5! :rolleyes:

I must say the thought of Ince and matey from the Mirror cracking open the expensive champagne last night at some over priced restaurant to celebrate 'job done' makes my blood boil.

Every managerial appointment is a gamble. You're going on even more than I did about allardyce. Most of us aren't totally over the moon about Ince, but he's here now and we need to give him the chance you kept telling me to give the other guy. If he fails then yes it will be a hammer blow for Rovers but why decide he's going to fail already? I hated him as a player but some people do improve with age. Stop going on about it or I might have to remind you about the nails on a blackboard comments (although you are way behind the times because blackboards haven't been used in classrooms for at least 10 and in most cases 20/30 years)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 of em! So thats Ince , Mellelieu (only cos he's a black fella), the knob from the Mirror and another 5! :rolleyes:

I must say the thought of Ince and matey from the Mirror cracking open the expensive champagne last night at some over priced restaurant to celebrate 'job done' makes my blood boil.

wow... And to think some/all of these statements are serious. Scary

I must have read dozens of posts focussing on Ince being black. If there's a real point to be made - i.e. the media obsession with Ince being black, then fair enough, but to continue slipping things like that for no other reason than highlighting that point, then leave it out please.

:rover: glad i wrote my piece before i read this crap.we are BLACKBURN ROVERS not manure/arsenal/liverpoo/newcastle.to suceed as a club we have to take chances,JW has appointed one manager and got it right,who is to say the 2nd will not be better.I AM GOING TO HAVE GREAT ENJOYMENT BRINGING THIS THREAD UP IN THE NEXT 3 SEASONS,just to annoy you shortsighted LOSERS :brfcsmilie:

I hope that you are right waggy. If that is the case I'll gladly be annoyed by you. :rover:

btw BUT please rem that I'll have access to the thread too. ;)

I must have read dozens of posts focussing on Ince being black. If there's a real point to be made - i.e. the media obsession with Ince being black, then fair enough, but to continue slipping things like that for no other reason than highlighting that point, then leave it out please.

May I make one observation, it was not drog that brought this up first. A true liberal never mentions race regardless of the conversation, if you do not see only a person then you are racist by the very definition.

Im excited about the appointment – prior to the news I heard a lot of praise for Ince on how he likes to play exciting, attacking football and how he has a burning desire to success. Since the appointment we have heard many people saying the same. He must have something about him to get all the positive remarks.

The poll – he has scored lowly on the ‘Top Man’ category. But if you was realistic and you took Bilic (Never in it) and Laudrup (Too many claused) out of the equation – how many would say top man, over the likes of Shearer (Sit in my comfy bbc office), Big sam (Long ball king), Martinez (Done a decent job, but not much experience of English football) and McClown (Wally with the Brolly). Im sure not too many will be disappointed over that lot. Also trust John Williams – he is a quality guy and his only goal is to do well for Blackburn Rovers and im sure he wont fail us.

Apparently Ince wants to bring in an experience premier league coach and he also uses all the sports science side of the game – which is necessary in today’s game. He is coming to a club already set up with that model of the game. He is also known to play quick, attacking football (WOW! When was the last time we played that). Now if he can keep RSC and get rid of the bad apple of Bentley for a good fee then hopefully he can add abit more creativity and pace to our team. Now think how many times in the last few years you have seen rovers look devastating on the counter attack or an attack – not often, it usually lacks pace and it is usually obvious to most where the next pass is going – hopefully Incey will add this new dimension to our team.

Hopefully he will bring in an attacking, bossy midfielder in the Scholes type mode and a pacey right winger. Following that – another striker with pace, maybe sell Roberts and the axe and also look for a natural right back, again maybe with abit of pace.

Roll on the good times!! PAUL INCEYS BLUE N WHITE ARMY!!!!

Getting more and more excited about this appointment as time goes on. One of my biggest issues I have as a Rovers fan is our perception in the national media (not even helped at local level by the LET with their lack of passion and patroitism in their reporting) and our standing amongst fans of other clubs, as I feel we rarely get the praise we deserve, despite being a shining beacon to all those clubs not prepared or in a position to throw millions away.

However, persusing the net I am seeing loads of positive comments about our club now, and not just because of the whole "Black" thing, which probably annoys Ince as much as the rest of us. On the BBC site loads of supporters outside of the Premiership are praising the move from the point of view of appointing a young English boss from the lower leagues, and fans of Premiership clubs are full of praise too.

From what I gather we will be seeing lots of exciting, attacking football from Rovers this year, and I also think that the neutrals for once will have a soft spot for us, particularly outside the top flight. Williams is starting to get outside recognition too for the excellent way the club is run. This can only help when bringing new players in, both from home and especially abroad, as stability is key.

PR should never be the reason for appointing a manager and I don't think it has been here, but nonetheless good PR it is...

So begins an exciting and significant chapter in our history in my opinion....

Thats a complete cop out Capt............ cos it's ALL we bloody well can do.

Not quite Theno

The choice was there so I chose that option.

I've not become embroiled in the what if's /oh no' s prior to him becoming manager and have just let the board go about their business - because as you put it above - that's all we bloody well can do :rolleyes:

Maybe we could have tried to attract as what some call a 'better calibre' of manager but I feel he has to be given the chance and his background for me stands out far more in terms of 'experience' rather in terms of managing.

Relegation may become reality in the meantime , however, if that is the case only time will tell whether that will be because of his means - as it will be interesting to see what £'s he has to play with different to what Hughes would have had unless Bentley is sold. As I mentioned earlier , I felt we where going to struggle anyway next season and may still but long term it may be to our benefit ... who actually knows??

May I make one observation, it was not drog that brought this up first. A true liberal never mentions race regardless of the conversation, if you do not see only a person then you are racist by the very definition.

It's addressed at everyone. No, - I'm not racist, please don't accuse me of that.

To be honest folks, I'd rather have had this situation arise (i.e. Hughes out, new manager in) than having kept Hughes on as manager. Most of us would agree that our football last season was fairly poor and it certainly didn't feel like we finished 7th. If Hughes had have kept on as manager, I think we could have ended up in a spot of bother. Just to put a different angle on the new appointment ^_^

I didn't want Hughes to go but I know what you mean about not feeling like we finished 7th. Mind you that could be partly because, unlike in previous seasons, we got nothing for it in terms of Europe. I had lost a bit of enthusiasm about watching games at Ewood because you always knew we'd concede a stupid goal and let teams who should have been no-hopers score. Hughes going as he did means we didn't have to sack him, and he did it early enough to give us chance to take a long look at possible new managers and make a thought out choice. There has been a lot of pro- Rovers talk by all concerned in the new management process - most people seem to think our chairman has behaved well and we have been above board in our dealings - and that must, as has been said, be good for the club's image too. Our only worry must be if someone else spots what a good job JW is doing and decides to poach him!

I'm getting more excited as every minute passes. I came over to the UK in the hope of seeing a good Rovers side under Hughes, which hasn't eventuated. But I'm actually more excited now than I was when I got here! Although I must say I'm still a little sceptical, but as it has been mentioned before, every managerial appointment is a gamble.

Less than 20 % of Rovers fans are optimistic.

That's about 10% more than usual.

I'm afraid its the beginning of the end of Blackburn Rovers as a solid Premier League outfit...

You're taking following Rovers a bit too far; adopting the local attitude as well as the team.

Wait and see - surely?

Sense from someone who's not even a fan of BRFC. Why cry and moan before we've even played a game? If we are bottom of the table in mid-December we'll be entitled to have a pop at all and sundry.

This really is a case of typical Rovers fans. We moaned because Hughes was playing dross football, yet we finished in the top 10. We moaned when he left for City. We then moan when the club appoint a new manager who promises attacking football. People refusing to buy season tickets, people still wanting the exotic name, for Pete's sake, lets see what happens.

It's addressed at everyone. No, - I'm not racist, please don't accuse me of that.

I never did and never would.

We would all be much happier if all adjectives before man or woman would go away.

As a minority myself I am fed up with the fact that people who class themselves as friends of us and liberals are the first to mention race.

Not a slight at you Den.

I've just realised that Theno can't lose here. If Ince fouls everything up he can sit and purr that he told us that was going to be the case. If Ince is a success he'll be a happy fan.

I don't care how much he likes to be right, if Rovers go down in flames no one who calls themselves a fan will be purring.

I never did and never would.

We would all be much happier if all adjectives before man or woman would go away.

As a minority myself I am fed up with the fact that people who class themselves as friends of us and liberals are the first to mention race.

Not a slight at you Den.

I misunderstood you rebelmswar, my apologies.

I think he will be a good manager. He has great potential to succeed in the prem and as many have already stated he has done well with MK Dons. I am excited to hear the clubs official statement tomorrow and see what Ince himself has to say about the appointment. Starting tomorrow we will likely be hearing many more rumours with regards to certain players wanting to leave and now that Rovers have a manager we'll finally start to see how the team is going to look for next season.

Kudos to JW for appointing him. Sorry to MK Dons fans.

:brfcsmilie:

Any doubters out there? Here's the link...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...ers/roversnews/

I was one of the English legions in Rome that night. Watching our own future Caesar getting his laurels. What does this link tell you? if there is failure it will be glorious. No Hughsie 4-5-1 elbow smashing, back barging snarling stuff. Come on, where's the romance, people? Everywhere we go they'll hate us for him. Ince will raise a magnificent standard for us to follow ...Arte et Larore. Hope and Glory. We are the Rovers.

Good tale of poor man coming good in a world of elitists and back slappers.

Nothing would make me happier than for him to break the mould on how Premier League managers perform and be ultra successful. Mark Hughes did well in the transfer market because he came from a job where no transfers are done just scouting of players and call ups. Maybe Ince will be similar in the transfer market and manage his pennies well with his experience of football club poverty.

I hope that his team building exercise work well and loyalty will come back to the team.

I hope that his fitness regimes work for Premier League players and that the Rovers continue to run after every ball.

I hope so much that this is not a mistake.

He has my support of course as would any manager as long as he manages Rovers.

Archived