BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

ftr ,didnt want him for his remarks or the fact hes too much of a famble and if it works fair does but scared shitless hes gonna bring forurth div ###### in .hope im wrong

I am sure when Hughes took over many people thought that half the welsh squad was coming too.... :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No use crying, Paul's now the man. I'm confident he'll do good. Even if Bentley and RSC leave for big money, I think we could get into the top 10 with a few crafty signings. Some managers just have that knack of hitting the ground running (.e.g. Hughes, Klinsmann) despite no/little experience. I may be wrong, but didn't Clough go from crappy Hartlepool, with an office full of buckets to catch the water from a leaking roof to Derby County, who were the equivilent of say Charlton nowadays? I'm not saying we're going to win the Champions league next season, and that Clough was a different era, but sometimes things can just click.

It was a bold and interesting choice, and I applaud John Williams and the others for not picking a safe option like McClaren or BFS. Things would have gotten dull and stale with them. Also nice to see an English manager from the lower leagues given a chance.

My thoughts exactly!

know what your saying but its not got the umpppph feeling as it should................its more like oh its ince ok...had 2 texts about it as opposed to about 100 when hughesy left

To be honest i know how you feel,i felt exactly the same when Hughes took over! i`m glad he proved me wrong. :blush:

But the more i read about what Ince has done as a manager,and more importantly the WAY he does things, the more i am looking forward to him starting work at Ewood.

Unlike some, was delighted when we appointed Hughes. Not nearly as happy this time, as we are in a completely different situation and needed to get someone to take us forward from a good position. I don't think Ince is that man.

I think, personally that the club has gone for the cheapest non BFS or WWTB alternative available, in the hope that he can grow into a Hughes. Wrong attitude. We need a Hughes+ now. No-one in their right mind could say that Ince is that man. Or even that Ince = Hughes now. Therefore like it or not, i's obvious we've taken a backwards step. How far backwards remains to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if we weren't in "end of reign" Souness territory. I don't think we'll see the Kidd or Harford level of ineptitude, but latter-day Souness is a very real possibility.

And the fact that the guy didn't even show willing and go to the course doesn't bode well for me. I expect him to play the dyslexia card as being the reason he didn't go quite soon (the one my step- nephew played because he was thick- not the real one).

Very anxious. Won't be booking my parking ticket quite yet.............

Unlike some, was delighted when we appointed Hughes. Not nearly as happy this time, as we are in a completely different situation and needed to get someone to take us forward from a good position. I don't think Ince is that man.

I think, personally that the club has gone for the cheapest non BFS or WWTB alternative available, in the hope that he can grow into a Hughes. Wrong attitude. We need a Hughes+ now. No-one in their right mind could say that Ince is that man. Or even that Ince = Hughes now. Therefore like it or not, i's obvious we've taken a backwards step. How far backwards remains to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if we weren't in "end of reign" Souness territory. I don't think we'll see the Kidd or Harford level of ineptitude, but latter-day Souness is a very real possibility.

And the fact that the guy didn't even show willing and go to the course doesn't bode well for me. I expect him to play the dyslexia card as being the reason he didn't go quite soon (the one my step- nephew played because he was thick- not the real one).

Very anxious. Won't be booking my parking ticket quite yet.............

Given as we all know your attitude towards young Graeme, that's strong stuff. I agree that a Hughes with improved stain busting plutonium foam would be ideal, but I doubt such a person made themselves available. Laudrup may be great in leading his team of Giraffes to the 1/4 finals of the UEFA Cup, but he may have been keen to naff off to a Spanish club at the first opportunity. I'm not sure who the Hughes with improved stain busting plutonium foam option would be, but it wasn't going to be McClaren or BFS for sure.

well done Paul Ince.

Welcome to our club.

Manage it with the same amount of passion as you showed captaining England, Inter Milan, Manchester United and Liverpool.

Prove the doubters wrong.

Sign a couple of new stars with the bentley money.

And get Rovers playing some good football after the mediocre stuff we saw from Hughes for the last 6 months of the season.

Well i did say indicating so to indicate someone is mental is entirely different to name calling them mental right?

Hey lets not argue over this though im sure you got better things to do like watch Spain vs Italy.

its a crap game ha ..god bless stella :P

Thinking of taking up golf, not renewing your season ticket / car parking space?

Support for John Williams is almost universal on this Board, with a few notable exceptions, but generally speaking the concensus is that he's an outstanding Chairman.

So when he and the Board take the decision to appoint Paul Ince before the likes of Sam Allardyce, Steve McClaren, Michael Laudrup, Slavan Bilic (did he want it? He got mentioned a lot didn't he?) and all the others who applied for the job..... a lot of toys get thrown from prams relatively easily.

It doesn't add up. Either you trust the Chairman to pick the best man, the man who wanted it the most, who presumably showed more passion for the fight that is managing BRFC on a relative shoestring (it saw Shearer off didn't it) or you don't. Did Fat Sam, Steve, Mikey et al really want it badly enough?

Now is the time to be "Prepared to wait and see" - not pack it all in. That's too easy and supporting BRFC isn't meant to be easy, otherwise we'd be Man United fans.

And that would never do.

As for people slagging us of for being anti Ince its just my opinion and some other peoples we are still fans just fans of the team and not Ince.

Let's see if I've got this straight. You are not renewing your season ticket because you are a fan of the team and not the manager. Some fan eh? Who needs 'em?

Guest Kamy100

While Ince wasn't my first choice and there was a tinge of disappointment when he was confirmed, I am now fully backing him. No thought of returning my season ticket. Give him a chance I am sure that he will do just fine. We are now in a stronger position then when Souness left, the squad is good and with some additions we will be just fine next year.

Keep the faith!!

While Ince wasn't my first choice and there was a tinge of disappointment when he was confirmed, I am now fully backing him. No thought of returning my season ticket. Give him a chance I am sure that he will do just fine. We are now in a stronger position then when Souness left, the squad is good and with some additions we will be just fine next year.

Keep the faith!!

Not returning mine either, but the point is we ARE in a better position than when that man left. I'd have liked us to appoint someone I believed wholeheartedly could keep us there and move us forward, and for me an unqualified 4th division manager doesn't SOUND like that guy.

Less than 20 % of Rovers fans are optimistic, says it all about the excitement of appointing Paul Ince as Rovers manager.

Big gamble or shrewd choice, time will tell, i'll keep an open mind but Paul Ince has got some convincing to do.

Should be intersting to see who he brings into the club, having followed Hughes who showed his strength when it came to bringing top quality forwards into the club (but his weaker side when it came to central midfielders) in the short term, if Ince can bring in two quality central midfielders to compliment Hughes quality strikers then i dont see why it should'nt be goood times for the club short term.

Long term, who knows.

I have done some Ince of the MK Dons research and will now report:

1) They absolutely adore him for winning the league and some random cup. And they're convinced that he'll do a decent job for us.

2) They played attractive, passing football. (Note: This is relative!)

3) Ince likes to play 4-5-1, packing the midfield and playing with pacy wingers. He frustrated some fans by not playing two strikers very often.

4) There is much doubt about how influential Mathias, as experienced right hand man, was in achieving their success.

5) Ince's transfer dealings at MK Dons are nothing to shout about. He brought is some duds and the success stories were mainly guys he snatched from Macclesfield who he had already worked with. (Note: Very keen on raiding an ex-club for players).

6) Apparently, he showed his ruthless side in booting out Leon Knight when he started causing dressing room disquiet.

Less than 20 % of Rovers fans are optimistic, says it all about the excitement of appointing Paul Ince as Rovers manager.

It's a higher percent than those that are devastated. If you look at the positives/negatives with all answers it is about even, if not more in approval.

You should work for your favorite political party, the way you try to spin things.

Put me in the optimistic camp. Whilst there are many knowledgeable and wise people posting here, I am glad that the decision was in John Williams hands. He is the man who knows all the facts and has not had to rely on rumour and speculation. Sure Paul Ince was the man we loved to hate when he was a player but so was Mark Hughes - I mean big time!

Like Hughes he is fairly inexperienced but he does seem to have had an impact in his first 2 managerial jobs. The Board obviously saw something they liked and he headed the pack. That's good enough for me.........time will tell.

Archived