BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

I'm underwhelmed for sure. But when it was only Allardyce, McClaren and Ince in the frame, he was the one I'd be most comfortable with, so I guess I shouldn't be too negative about it. I'm looking forward to the start of the season for sure though, hopefully I'll be surprised as much as everyone else.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he is the best choice, some concerns about his ability to get his coaching qualifications but I'm sure he will get the best support available - but - he needs to show commitment to that.

Some continuity in the type of manager we had in Hughes.

Most importantly he is our manager and as such should get 100% support until he demonstrates otherwise. Let's not wish failure on him.

Strong character, lots of experience as a player and a solid start as a manager.

I'd be banned if I answered that question. :(

I remember Hughes getting one of the worst receptions from the BBE when he was a player. Particularly the stick he got every time he touched the ball when he played for Chelsea.

When it comes down to it his history counts for nothing, he will win over all the doubters if we finish top half.

I'm in the wait and see.

I haven't really warmed to the guy in the past but he seems to have done ok so far. My only worry is that he thinks he can come in and spend lots of money bringing in players, he will have to be kept on a tight lease to start with and then money fed to him slowly.

Very risky appointment.

I think a lot depends on three things.

1 Who are is backroom staff going to be. I think he needs 1 or 2 experienced men, experienced in the Premier League not the lower leagues.

2 How good will he be tactically. Set pieces at both ends are crucial these days. If he goes too attacking we may pay the price of not having the quality of player of some other sides. Hopefully no.1 can help out no.2.

3 How he’ll do in the transfer market. Does he have the nouse and contacts to find players for a price we can afford who will do the job.

He will be probably be the least experienced manager in the Prem next season with one of the lowest transfer budgets. Could be a very tough season.

Let’s just hope he fulfils his promise.

Happy with the appointment, wanted Ince from the get go. I do have one lol caveat now though, I would like a FULL explanation as to why he saw fit to skip the "VIEWING" of the coaching course, I feel a statement on this fact needs to be forthcoming, I am quite irritated by the whole affair.

Den, no offence, but the polls on this messageboard are getting more and more absurd Why so many options?

- He'll be a success

- He'll be a failure

- Not sure

Is all you need.

I've voted that I feel positive about this one. I admit to not knowing much about Ince the man or Ince the manager. However, he has achieved success with MK Dons and previously did a good job at Macclesfield and on the bits and pieces I've heard about his achievements, I have a good feeling that he'll be the right man.

Bring on the Ince era.

The options are perfect in my view, not all peoples opinions are so black and white or limited

I have to say this in (in my opinion) a disaster.

Ince was a fearless player and would fight his way out of a corner. He'll need more than that to get the better of O'Neill, Hughes, Redknapp, Moyes and others. Sadly, I fear a struggle this year.

There's no doubt Ince's repuatation would have commanded him respect at both Macclesfield and MK Dons, but he will have his work cut out at Rovers.

I'm sure Santa Cruz is delighted at the prospect of Keith Andrews playing in the same team.

I don't feel Ince has done enough to earn this job. Suprised with JW.

The coming season will be the first year for 9 seasons that I have not had a season ticket. I can't say, at this stage, I'm worried about missing anything.

I m very very disappointed

Marketing point of view...........

1) All the good work done in the past to re-brand blackburn will start from square 1. ( Fans will have nothing to look forward, I DON'T FEEL EXCITED AT ALL!)

2) no pulling factors to bring in anyone or retaining anyone.

expect the fan base to decrease!

from facts and ability point of view........

1) Inexperience manager! unlike hughes that at least have been proven sucess at international level.

2) the backroom staffs is going to be a far cry compared with Hughes'

3) inexperience with handling the transfer budget allocated

4) inexperience handling big matches

5) GUYS........ its back to old days ........ fighting out for the top placing at the bottom half of the table next season

6) and its all back to square 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats the use of having the hunger to suceed without having the capabilities!?

Everyone out there.........

ARE YOU ALL EXCITED!?

2 steps backwards, I pray for the club!

1) All the good work done in the past to re-brand blackburn will start from square 1. ( Fans will have nothing to look forward, I DON'T FEEL EXCITED AT ALL!)

1) Inexperience manager! unlike hughes that at least have been proven sucess at international level.

5) GUYS........ its back to old days ........ fighting out for the top placing at the bottom half of the table next season

ARE YOU ALL EXCITED!?

Good grief, get a grip. David Moyes, Gareth Southgate, Mark Hughes, Kenny Dalglish. Spot the similarity?

ARE YOU ALL EXCITED!?

i accept your comments if you come back and hold your hands up if he proves to be a great sucsess like hughes. but i and excited, and people are only "devestated" because they as i did myself had false hope of laudrup and ten cate etc.. get behind the lad.

Good grief, get a grip. David Moyes, Gareth Southgate, Mark Hughes, Kenny Dalglish. Spot the similarity?

i have mentioned hughes difference and as for the others.......... Money available.

and we need someone to bring the club forward, not someone to mantain the placing or the risk of bringing it backwards. Strong feeling it will be a latter..............

ARE YOU ALL EXCITED!?

Utter rubbish, you could have used the most of the same description for Mark Hughes! Unlike Hughes he has actually won trophies as a club manager. If all the Rovers fans had the same depressing outlook I would really be praying for the club.

Cheer up misery guts :P

Sorry, can't agree with any of this-

Ince was part of a very successful United team, played for Liverpool and Inter, two huge huge clubs.

Ince has managed successfully at club level previously so has handled a budget before- something Hughes never did.

Matches dont come much bigger than the finals he won with United, the huge games in Italy, the England captaincy when we qualified for France 98.

Yes he is young and inexperienced in top flight managment but I would say this is a similar risk to that of the Hughes appointment. I think its the fact Ince has done things a different way by proving his man managment skils at a lower level first leads some to worry but- JW saw something in him and we are to be commended for taking another chance on a young manager.

Of course I reserve judgment but no one should be writing him off already!

Completely underwhelmed.

I suppose he won't be as bad as McClown or Fat Sam, and I'll give him his chance...but ManCity have really left us for dead here. Happens every season, and we can't keep of pulling miracle after miracle. The number 1 target right now is survival.

Archived