BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

Seems a couple of people on here take themselves a bit too, 'er', seriously. Hughes was a highly professional manager who articulated himself well in interviews, knew his football and commanded respect from fans, media and players alike. Ince just doesnt have that sort of class about him, hence the reservations of so many on this site. He's achieved moderate success at the lower end of the Football League and therefore constitutes a risk. If he articulated himself better publicly instead of clowning around he might inspire greater confidence. As a Rovers fan of course I'll get behind him and support him but I dont feel confident. Perhaps I should have said that I wish he didnt come across as being so thick. That better for the pedants on here?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
. He's achieved moderate success at the lower end of the Football League and therefore constitutes a risk.

So you think winning the division that they are in and also winning a cup open to the division above is moderate success ?

What more could he possibly have done to have achieved greater success at the lower end of the Football League?

He hardly had the full attention of the worlds media at MK Dons didnt he HY ?

Now he is firmly in the spot light I am sure we will see the real Paul Ince.

I remain sceptical about his appointment but he does get my full support as Rovers manager. I am certain that given time, resources and a more experienced back room team we will continue to move forwards.

He will certainly have money to spend. If he does let Bentley go he will go for big money and/or player exchange, the same could possbily said of Cruz. So lets work on the premis that both go, that alone will generate a cool £25-£28 million pounds in transfer fees. Add that to the apparent £10m already backed up and we have a massive pot of money. Now I dont think that us having loads of money means we will go and splash it all about, I am realistic that we will be able to get adequate replacements and additional players into the club.

Its a new beginning and one we should be looking forward to :brfcsmilie:

He will certainly have money to spend. If he does let Bentley go he will go for big money and/or player exchange, the same could possbily said of Cruz. So lets work on the premis that both go, that alone will generate a cool £25-£28 million pounds in transfer fees. Add that to the apparent £10m already backed up and we have a massive pot of money. Now I dont think that us having loads of money means we will go and splash it all about, I am realistic that we will be able to get adequate replacements and additional players into the club.

Even if we sell half the squad Ince will never see 25-28 million.

I have hope however that he will only sell Bents and we will have a fund of around 12 million or so. Since the Jack years I am used to adding all incoming funds, cutting in half and rounding down.

Yeah, Bill Shankly, Martin O'Neill, Brian Clough and Harry Redknapp have all been rubbish haven't they? What have they all achieved?

Laudrup probably wanted these clauses that were mentioned, Billic was busy in Euro 2008, until a few days ago, Perrin was rubbish at Portsmouth, and Houllier may not have been interested.

Well Shankly had 10 years managerial experience before he was at Liverpool, O'Neill had 10 before he took the post at Celtic, same as Clough, and it took Redknapp 20 years before he won anything of significance.

Don't get me wrong on this, I think eventually Ince will be a very good manager IN TIME, we at little ol'd Rovers though don't have the luxury of finishing this guys apprenticeship cause once we go down we it is going to very hard with our resources to get back up

No single choice in the poll has more than 20%

Just goes to show the range of emotions with this appointment, I've changed my mind several times. Can only really say he's got my ful support for now!

(or could it be there are too many choices on the poll) :unsure:

I agree with the comments made above. Ince certainly needs to "grow up" and act like a "real" manager now he has made it to a premiership club.

No more messing about, professionalism Paul.

No more stupid interviews.

He needs to bite his tongue when pushed into a corner

He needs to WEAR A SUIT (hopefully a better one than that i have seen him, Burtons anyone?)

He needs to talk football sense.

I am looking forward to hopefully having some of the above points wiped out after the press conference at 12 today.

I eagerly awaiting the news conference today.

Hopefully, we'll gain some insight into Ince the manager. However, part of me expects every question to be "how does it feel to be the first English black manager in the pl?".

With a bit of luck he'll say I don't want any MK Dons players, Faz will be on my coaching staff and Santa Cruz is staying.

Ince's first test arrives today at noon...

I agree with the comments made above. Ince certainly needs to "grow up" and act like a "real" manager now he has made it to a premiership club.

No more messing about, professionalism Paul.

No more stupid interviews.

He needs to bite his tongue when pushed into a corner

He needs to WEAR A SUIT (hopefully a better one than that i have seen him, Burtons anyone?)

He needs to talk football sense.

If he needs to do all that (and I'm certainly not arguing with you) it begs the question why the hell have we given him a 3 year contract worth £4m?

Was opposed to Ince from the outset and am still trying to come to terms with his appointment.

My only hope is that Allardyce is still available to rescue us in November after Ince has left the club.

My only hope is that Allardyce is still available to rescue us in November after Ince has left the club.

:lol: I'd have been saying similar if Allardyce had come in!

Not my first choice but a hell of a lot better than BFS's brand of "football". My hope is that Bilic is not already in club management by the time we come to replace Ince, but i think he will.

:rover: Paul Ince's Blue & White Army!

Was opposed to Ince from the outset and am still trying to come to terms with his appointment.

Unlikely. Sounds from an earlier post that he's had 'words' with Williams when he didn't get the job. Not suprising really given the records of both candidates is it?

Unlikely. Sounds from an earlier post that he's had 'words' with Williams when he didn't get the job. Not suprising really given the records of both candidates is it?

He ruled himself out of the race because of the fans' reactions. He said something along the lines of "after a few things had happened I rang John Williams and said 'I don't think this is the right job for me...or you'", he said the 'or you' bit with a wry smile, it was pretty obvious what he meant.

Anyway, because we've ingeniously given him in a 3 year contract, we probably wouldn't be able to afford to sack him in November.

Let's hope JW gets the chance to say a few choice words back when Ince has surpassed Sam's Premiership record then.

Can somebody explain to me when talking eloquently to the press became more important than the ability to win football matches ?

Ince was not my number one choice either but to dismiss him because you think he's 'thick' based on a press conference is ludicrous. On face value his previous achievements stack up pretty well and as an ex England captain he has standing within the game.

We'll know pretty soon if this is going to work out, no point trying to be clever and dismissing his appointment at this stage just so you can be one of the first to say 'I told you so'.

i think he should do well. the general opinion now has to be, he is the manager of rovers - lets all support him. i think our opinions have been well document throughout this saga. our feelings against bfs and the wally with the brolly have been well documented via fan groups on facebook. i have therefore created a group on facebook to show our support for paul ince.

he is the manager now, and whether he was your personal choice, 2nd choice or even if u was against the appointment totally - we need to get behind the guvnor!

please join the group - then people can document how well the rovers fans are getting behind the boards choice!!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=113...8222&ref=mf

I must say that I had mixed feelings about Paul Ince becoming the manager. When I first heard his name being mentioned, I was pleasantly optimistic. I thought that this was a guy who had something about him, who had done well in the lower leagues and could fit seamlessly into Premiership football. The thought did cross my mind that then again, it could be too big a job too soon and that club would suffer for it. When it became clear that Michale Laudrup was also in the running, I was much more excited about him, considering who he was and what he had achieved at a higher level of football with Getafe. I felt much more comfortable about him becoming our next manager for this reason alone. I was slightly disappointed when he wasn't named as the manager, but after hearing Paul Ince speak, he has an obvious enthusiasm for the job and wants to prove himself at this level. There is an element of chance with any manager that you appoint and especially this one, but he has my full backing and I wish him the best of luck and hope that he guides us to a successful season.

Archived