BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City Preview

Great preview!!

Went to Hull, years ago with EiT, a few of us stopped over for a 'drinky' weekend at the digs of a Burnley fan! Think that was the time we caught a double decker to the ground and guess who was sat upstairs.........philipl.

Once went for a night match in the 70's, two coach loads, queued up outside their end (like you did in those days!) before the police promptly moved us to the opposite end of the ground.

Looking forward to Saturday - should be a great atmosphere. :brfc:

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should on paper beat Hull City, but i would not look past their superb team spirit for them being able to pull of a shock result. Their team spirit is amazing, all the team seem to want to give that extra 10-15% for each other, its been like that since they saved themselves from relegation back to League One the season before last. We have the extra bit of quality that is needed to brush aside teams like Hull but if Rovers underestimate some of the Hull line-up we could be in for a crap afternoon. Still think we will beat them though as long as we get off to a quick start.

A mate of mine who's a ST holder at the KC reckons they will sell out on Sat and we might find a few (not many) in the Riverside stand but as to whether that is correct i don't know. Hull fans aren't known for causing trouble anyway, apart from a few ****s that like to call themselves Cod-Heads or something daft like that, named after a pub down the road from the KC stadium.

I'm going to predict a draw 2-2, whenever i predict a Rovers win, im normally always wrong, and for my sake, we have to beat them, i will get so much stick of work colleagues and customers on Sunday if we don't beat them.

I cannot wait for the return match in February at the KC Stadium, i hope we take a lot of fans there because it is a nice stadium and i'm sure a lot of our fans would enjoy a good night out round Hull too.

A mate of mine who's a ST holder at the KC reckons they will sell out on Sat and we might find a few (not many) in the Riverside stand but as to whether that is correct i don't know.

Why would they come in our beloved riverside when there are still 3000 unsold in their end?

Unless they like queing for half an hour for a pint that is....

"If Roque can get inbetween Turner and Gardner and get his head on the end of a cross, he'll get the winner... if not;

1-1, Santa Cruz for Rovers, Folan for Hull City"

Funniest thing i have heard for a while. He will rip them apart, chew them, spit them out, kick them around on the floor and then jump all over them. Very poor defensive partnering.

I remember Gardner at Port Vale and he was poor there too.

I think Hull will give it a right go though. Should be a good game.

I was never a big Gardner fan and wasn't very optimistic when Hull bought him, yet I've seen him play in 3 games so far and he looks very comfortable when alongside Michael Turner. ("very poor defensive partnering") I think you're underestimating Michael Turner... like I said, I fully believe he could one day play for England if he continues to impress... reminds me of a young John Terry. Though he hasn't come up against many Roque types in the Championship :lol: ...so it'll be good to see how he fares against the players with different styles.

A mate of mine who's a ST holder at the KC reckons they will sell out on Sat and we might find a few (not many) in the Riverside stand but as to whether that is correct i don't know.

Very much doubt the whole of Darwen End will even be filled... the ticket office are being awkward... they're actually refusing to sell tickets!

telephone and websales only and the phones are constantly engaged I've heard, and the websales are really awkward too with referance numbers e.t.c.

I think 5,000 said on previous page will be about right.

Living in hull and have been hearing about the shambles that is their ticket office ever since the play offs.

Find it quite bizarre that they only went on general sale on monday yet they knew they could have 7500 tickets and only have 1500 - 2000 on a direct away scheme - obviously season ticket holders need time to get them - but this has not happened if they have only sold 3-4000 so far.

Can't wait for saturday - coming over in a mini bus with 8 hull fans and 3 rovers. - Gonna be a bumpy ride on the way home for some :)

always remember @ hull shouting to gennoe "cmon terry tell the lads its £4.50 to get in here" and who can ever forget those rotating sharp nails and screws they had on the fences to keep you in the cage.

4-0 rovers

roberts hatrick and robbo from his area

always remember @ hull shouting to gennoe "cmon terry tell the lads its £4.50 to get in here" and who can ever forget those rotating sharp nails and screws they had on the fences to keep you in the cage.

4-0 rovers

roberts hatrick and robbo from his area

Indeed Abbey - and a certain dingle reject.

Always had good trips to Hull even though the away end was crap - so also looking forward to the away game this season - new ground as well

Remember going to Boothferry park first game of 1987/1988 season. We went 2-0 down and came back for a 2-2 draw with Patterson getting the equaliser with an overhead kick. Great day out that was.

As for Saturday, can't be anything other than a Rovers win, and I expect it to be convincing. 3-1.

I went to that game too, the away end was similar to the the Normid end at Burnden. As their second one went in there was a load of taunting from the Hull fans to the right (to the left was an empty crumbling terrace and a similarly knackered disused railway station!). They got loads back when Patto equalised.

I went to that game too, the away end was similar to the the Normid end at Burnden. As their second one went in there was a load of taunting from the Hull fans to the right (to the left was an empty crumbling terrace and a similarly knackered disused railway station!). They got loads back when Patto equalised.

Yeah remember that stand to the left now - it was totally deserted with a railway line running alongside...very strange.

Also remember driving away from the ground and seeing a rovers fan with his head out the sun roof taunting the Hull fans and his hat blew off into one particular group of them. Sensibly he let them keep it as a souvenir.

You have to be joking the Four Candles sketch is the best piece of comedy ever.

As for the score going for a 3-0 win here, with Carlos getting a goal

Don't be silly:

As for the game, it's a must win for Rovers if we hope to achieve anything this year.

Yeah remember that stand to the left now - it was totally deserted with a railway line running alongside...very strange.

That's where the away fans used to go (when I first went) before they got the small, few rows of terrace behind the goals. That side next to the railway was terrible and it wasn't long before it was out of bounds due to health and safety etc. A ghastly ground.

Interesting little bit of news about this weekends game:

http://www.4thegame.com/club/blackburn-rov...first_game.html

The Premier League's youngest-ever referee will take charge of his first top flight match this weekend as Stuart Attwell officiates the game between Blackburn Rovers and Hull City.

It will be interesting to see how he copes refereeing his first top flight game.

Fantastic preview, a good read.

Hull are really going to be up for this game, its their first away game ever in the top flight so I'm sure the travelling fans will be doing their best to will their team on. Hull have won their first game so will be on a high and will scrap for every ball.

I expect the class to show through though and for us to win by 2 or even 3 goals. Come on Rovers.

Interesting that the two managers are the only current premiership managers to have a 100% winning record in the premiership :-) Ince is going to still have that record come 5pm on Saturday, Phil Brown will not!

Got t' thinking of players who have played for both clubs, could only come up with David Mail and Ken Knighton.

Must only have been 12/13, but always remembered us selling Knighton to Hull (early to mid seventies) :angry:

Good memories from them early days, but not really a good time football wise for us. Still, there were better times to come :D

Got t' thinking of players who have played for both clubs, could only come up with David Mail and Ken Knighton.

Must only have been 12/13, but always remembered us selling Knighton to Hull (early to mid seventies) :angry:

Good memories from them early days, but not really a good time football wise for us. Still, there were better times to come :D

Didn't Bob Dewhurst end up there?

During the 2nd world war, Boothferry Park was used to build tanks, the railway was built to take parts from the docks to Boothferry Park for the tanks to be built.

It then was used to take fans to games after the 2nd world war.

Jon Walters and Big Ben Burgess.

Interesting little bit of news about this weekends game:

http://www.4thegame.com/club/blackburn-rov...first_game.html

The Premier League's youngest-ever referee will take charge of his first top flight match this weekend as Stuart Attwell officiates the game between Blackburn Rovers and Hull City.

It will be interesting to see how he copes refereeing his first top flight game.

He reff'ed Hull City away at Barnsley last year... you never hear anyone praising a referee or saying they were "impressed with his performance" (at least not these days anyway) ...but I honestly was "impressed with his performance" good young ref... hope he doesn't get too nervous in the Prem, as he could become the best ref in the league IMO.

He reff'ed Hull City away at Barnsley last year... you never hear anyone praising a referee or saying they were "impressed with his performance" (at least not these days anyway) ...but I honestly was "impressed with his performance" good young ref... hope he doesn't get too nervous in the Prem, as he could become the best ref in the league IMO.

I hope he is good and now overawed. Clattenburg was superb in his first couple of seasons. Seemed to go off the boil a bit in the last few though... Hopefully, this young ref will prove to be excellent for a few seasons, god knows we need some good ones! The best ones always seem to get better as they get older and right when they seem to be the best, they retire!

Archived