BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Preview

Robinson, Simpson, Nelsen ©, Samba, Warnock, Treacy, Emerton, Andrews, Pedersen, Santa Cruz, Roberts.

Subs: Brown (GK), Ooijer, Tugay, Mokoena, Villanueva, Fowler, Derbyshire.

Treacy on the right today.

Where to start...

Disappointed that Samba or Nelsen hasn't been dropped in favour of Ooijer. Treacy on the right i am not sure about, though he does have pace. How is Andrews and Emerton going to work in the center? Who is going to be the one who makes the forward runs we need?

I will be disappointed if Carlos doesn't get at least 30 minutes on the pitch.

Looks like we will be relying on young Treacy today to provide the creative spark to get Roque involved in the game.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear! No midfield enforcer, serious ince if this doesnt work out well then please just (Please don't use that word again) off! Ooijer should have started with Samba, Carlos and the axe, in midfield bert at right back, and surely even with benni out of form, he is way better than Fowler.

WHAT IS INCE DOING!

you have Tugay, Ooijer, Carlos to choose from, yet he chooses Simpson, Treacy and Andrews to start.

ridiculous. With the way we are at the moment we should be using experienced players who are known to be able to perform at this level. Not Simpson, Treacy and Andrew. Im all for giving young players a chance, but at this moment, following a string of appauling performances we shouldnt be risking their inexperience.

Maybe ince has realised he cant hack it in the premiership so he's going to try and get us relegated to give himself an easier job ;).

lets hope ince proves me wrong

Ooijer is recovering from an injury. Tugya is old. I don't really blame him.

I ma pleased Treacy is getting a start. I hope Emerton has been told to just protect the back four and not get forward. We need him to keep things tight. He can be very effective back there.

Pedersen is on the right, looks pretty ineffective there (doesn't he always!?)

Plusses - Treacy doing well, Robinson solid, Emerton going good, Roberts and Cruz look a handful, Simpson has done well.

Minuses - Pedersen not up to much on the right, Andrews looked very very poor until about 10 mins from half time where he perked up and put a few decent passes together, both CM are on yellows, Warnock still looking shaky.

I think we might be seeing Tugay later on, probs for Andrews. Fulham are not really closing us down so it could suit the turk. Plus any tackling advantage Andrews has has been eliminated by the fact he is on a yellow.

We did okay, 1st half. Andrews looks an okay player, did well. Robinson stunning save to deny Aj. Our defence stil looks nervous, but so far so good. Treacy trying, but not doing much down the left. Simpson working hard though, doing well i must say.

Pedersen is on the right, Emerton in the centre.

We're playing well, but we've got to start scoring in the spells when we play well, otherwise we'll just end up losing again. Fulham not having a lot to offer, but we've all seen plenty of games where that can change rapidly.

Emerton has hit the post, Schwarzer has made a couple of good saves, and Pedersen swung in a low free kick across goal that would've gone in had anyone (Defender or attacker) touched it. Robinson made one superb save, but apart from that has had little to do.

With the appointment of Ince, sales of our best players and the lack of funding from our owners we are aiming for relagation. It will be a long and hard season, and if we keep ourself in the premier league then we can, given our situation, be happy.

Just look at our starting XI, it takes me back to the team we had pre-Hughes...

Archived