BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Preview

Forward: Sorry for the delay, Uni picked up on me in the last two days. Hope it's a decent enough preview

Our next match sees us tied up with Fulham at home. Home happens to be the last place we beat Fulham in this fixture two seasons ago. The last four matches have turned out like such:

Home 06/07 – 2-0 Win

Away 06/07 - 1-1 Draw

Away 07/08 - 2-2 Draw

Home 07/08 - 1-1 Draw

FulhamBBurnG_468x300.jpgAnyone remember that old Benni Mac? I don't

The fixture last season away was a particular frustrating one for us. Two great goals for us(one offside admittedly) and two shabby goals for them. Nelson was the culprit of that ghastly tackle in the box to give Fulham a Penalty and the lead. Fulham seem to always be poking and prodding away at the opposition. Fulham are sitting pretty in the 7th place position right now having downed Notlob this past weekend. They certainly have their things together as they don’t look anything like the Fulham team that was almost relegated last year. A whole mess of moves in as well as out of Fulham this past window has apparently done something right, and they head into Ewood on a bit of a hot streak. Hopefully though, this will be the game that parks their return to the form they displayed last season, finishing with security in the top flight just barely at the 16th spot and only as high as 12th the year before.

The key to stopping Fulham I feel will be in the midfield. They’re deceptively capable of quite a bit of skill be it passes or the odd shot. Davies, Bullard, Murphy and Gera should be the ones making the start if I am correct, and Gera has a goal already this season. However, shutting them down there will not allow Zamaora or fat old A.J.(if they play him) to get any sort of service.

It’s also odd seeing the team that fielded so many American’s is now down to just one. Looks like the nickname Fulhamerica is out the door.

We need Warnock to snap out of whatever funk he’s in for this game; it will allow Nelson to stop messing around too. I blame a lot of Nelson’s crap performance last week on him trying to pick up men Warnock let go. Andrews? Put up or shutup. You’re not looking bad but you’re definitely not looking up to par.

I say a nice 3-0 win for the lads at home, and a confidence boost in a clean sheet for Robbo. Santa with 2 and Peds with a free kick goal.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pressure is on. A win is now essential in this fixture after the last two games.

The essential area for Rovers is defence as I can't see the defence keeping any team from scoring at the moment but with Zurab and Ooijer injured how can it be changed?

Midfield will be interesting. Will Carlos or Treacy start? Is Dunn fit? Will Ince perceiver with Reid? I can't see Ince dropping Andrews.

This could be a defining game for Ince. He has to start to look like he is beginning to learn some of the lessons he has been taught.

Cheers American.

Big game for us, we need a performance to put some confidence back into the fans. We need Warnock and Nelsen to turn up this week, and we need to get Roque back amongst the goals.

Fulham dont look a bad side, Hodgson has improved them quite alot and we will need to be aware of the likes of Bullard, Gera, Zamora & AJ. I dont think thier defence is up to much, so chances will come, its just whether or not we can take them. Hopefully a clean sheet too. Il go for 2-0

For me it has to be (if Ooijer and Grella recover, but Dunn does not, which seems likely):

-------------------Cruz

Treacy----Carlos----Andrews---Emerton

------------------Grella

Warnock---Ooijer----Samba---Simpson

-----------------Robinson

Subs: Bunn, Nelsen, Mokoena, Pedersen, Roberts, Derbyshire

Tactics should be get into Fulhams face and do not let them pass (they have proven themselves to be an excellent side in possession), and keep a reasonably deep line. I have a funny feeling though that Ince will play a cavelier 442 again and Fulham will beat us with two goals on the break, and also manage to have the lions share of the possession. I want Ince to do well, and I am naturally an optimist, but the tactics against Arsenal were so mental that I am no that confident he do the sensible thing and consolidate the side.

Not a must win game in terms of league positions come May, but for the morale of board members and (possibly) the team. Carlos has to start, this is the kind of game where he can stamp his mark. Could also do with Robinson keeping a clean sheet, but one step at a time eh.

However, this being Rovers, I can see Fulham skanking a draw in the last 10 minutes after a 40th minute Roberts opener. (I don't care who scores for them)

I think any chanting for Ince's head after 4 games and 4 points is a bit f-ing stupid to be honest, even if we are losing 2-0. obviously from my last post I am not confident about his tactics but we need to support him for at least around 10 games. He has hardly had a shake and is adjusting to Prem football.

If the fans turn on him that quickly then 1) it will bring massive instability to the club 2) cause serious problems when we try to recruit a new manger 3) unsettle the players 4) make us all look like idiots.

If he turns out not to be the man for Rovers, then action will need to be taken swiftly prior to the Jan window to allow new players to be scouted and approached to come in, but now is far far far too early and will only do more to damage a club in a serious phase of transition.

Anyone doing any chanting needs to seriously consider what of positivity they are actually achieving.

I think any chanting for Ince's head after 4 games and 4 points is a bit f-ing stupid to be honest, even if we are losing 2-0. obviously from my last post I am not confident about his tactics but we need to support him for at least around 10 games. He has hardly had a shake and is adjusting to Prem football.

If the fans turn on him that quickly then 1) it will bring massive instability to the club 2) cause serious problems when we try to recruit a new manger 3) unsettle the players 4) make us all look like idiots.

If he turns out not to be the man for Rovers, then action will need to be taken swiftly prior to the Jan window to allow new players to be scouted and approached to come in, but now is far far far too early and will only do more to damage a club in a serious phase of transition.

Anyone doing any chanting needs to seriously consider what of positivity they are actually achieving.

Yes I agree any chanting for Inces head at this stage will not help moral , etc but will hopefully make JW and the board aware of the growing discontent with Inces appointment and how far we are falling in such a short space of time( saying all this I sincerely hope we are winning as a Rovers fan , cos we'll be here long after Ince or whoever manages )

Yes I agree any chanting for Inces head at this stage will not help moral , etc but will hopefully make JW and the board aware of the growing discontent with Inces appointment and how far we are falling in such a short space of time( saying all this I sincerely hope we are winning as a Rovers fan , cos we'll be here long after Ince or whoever manages )

We have played 4 games. Get a grip. You cannot make a serious assessment after 4 games. if we did that Hughes wouldn't have stayed in a job. It's not looking great but you have to give him a bit of time.

Worse than newcastle fans.

Archived