[Archived] Fulham Preview

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"We came in late"

"We don't know our best formation"

"We can't go out and get a £10 mill replacement for Dunny"

"We only have a small squad"

These were all comments made by PI on Radio Lancs today in advance of the game tomorrow.

He also said it was a time to pull together-including fans.

Bad move making the excuses before the game, it sounds as though Ince expects to lose this one. It's been mentioned before but Ince needs help with his PR. The comments above smack of defeatism and do little to inspire the floating fan to turn up.

This is a crazy season so far; 4 games in and people are talking about Fulham being a must win game - it is for Ince as I'd agree rumblings of discontent could become thunderous if we are well beaten - yet win and we go above Fulham whatever the other results!!! Hardly a crisis then? It's difficult to know what to think. Fulham are a side we expect to beat if this is to be a decent season, lose to them and it will confirm what many fear about the rest of the year. If I had to bet I'd put my money on Fulham to win, which is what happens when the team / manger fail to excite the support. The problems are down to the manager and players, and it's up to them to give the fans something to cheer.

We seem to lack inspiration in every area. The manager does little to inspire the crowd, we don't have a "bums on seats" player, it's difficult to see how the current squad will excite anyone, yes I know the major difference is Bentley but it just shows how much we relied on him. I want to see Villanueva play today, Ince has to take the chance, if he doesn't it will be a missed opportunity. Ince needs to get the support onside, which is something he has failed to do so far and I can't see things getting better until he gives us some decent performances to cheer.

Quite simply, if we can't beat this lot, at home, whilst they are spurred on by their 43 fans then we are in deep pooh.

I just hope we can get an early goal, as others have mentioned, their defence is as bad as ours, so we'll get chances and RSC should show his class, I'm sure Roberts and even Benni will fancy it, and you never know, Darb's may even get to play in his position!

However, their Midfield is streets better than ours, so whomever we pick has to stop them and we either by pass or we find some creativity from somewhere (Carlos Time?)

As for our defence... No, I'm not going there, with that in front of you Robinson is entitled to wear incontinence pants!

A Plea:

Please add some bite and a little sprinkle of creativity in the Midfield & please do not play the invisible man, I will launch my (mates) pie.

Please deliver us a clean sheet

And a home win.

...............................robinson

..emerton......zurab.......ooijer.......treacy

..........................mokoena

..reid..............Tugay..............MGP

....................villavenueva

.............santa cruz

maybe not play tugay and put roberts upfront, but change the defence as they have been pap.

2-1 fulham to score first with a round of boos

Massive game today. Lose and the pressure will be really on Ince. Not only from the fans but from the Press aswell. Rovers need a victory today and i've said this before its much more than 3 points at stake today.

I'm up for this one and hopefully the players will be, aswell as the fans. We need to get behind the team today and not wait for something to happen. We have the quality in the team to beat Fulham and fingers crossed in 5 hours time everything will be looking good.

Come on Incey, Come on Rovers!

Radio Rovers is 1404 medium wave - and I doubt you'll be able to get it on the radio in Liverpool unless you sign up to Rovers World.

I think it's going to be another scrappy / scary game but we'll somehow come away with a 3-1 victory - one of our goals coming in stoppage time. I demand Villanueva starts.

Cheers pal.

We will win today, RSC brace.

I'm also a little concerned here. I fear we may dominate and then concede against the run of play with the annoying zamora up front. Santa has missed a number of decent chances of late, he needs to start putting them away.

Their midfield does look pretty solid, and again dunn will be missed. It pains me to think that mokoena or reid will start this one, I just have absolutely no confidence in their ability, reid should NEVER play on the right, he may get the odd cross in but he's so slow and his awareness is poor.

For the love of all that is holy please play carlos. I want to see attacking football.

Robbo

Andre

Nelsen

Samba

Warnock

Emerton

Andrews

Carlos

Pederson

Roberts

Santa

I'm also a little concerned here. I fear we may dominate and then concede against the run of play with the annoying zamora up front. Santa has missed a number of decent chances of late, he needs to start putting them away.

Their midfield does look pretty solid, and again dunn will be missed. It pains me to think that mokoena or reid will start this one, I just have absolutely no confidence in their ability, reid should NEVER play on the right, he may get the odd cross in but he's so slow and his awareness is poor.

For the love of all that is holy please play carlos. I want to see attacking football.

Robbo

Andre

Nelsen

Samba

Warnock

Emerton

Andrews

Carlos

Pederson

Roberts

Santa

I don't qute follow tat. We have been playing really attacking football - thats been part of our problem! If we play Andrews and Carlos in the middle we will be murdered. We need at least one player in the centre who can put in a tackle. Mokoena recall? I wish Grella was fit.

I don't know if this will help or hinder.

I called my friend last week to see if she fancied coming up to the game with me. (We'er both season ticket holders.) She said yes, as it's an evening game we can have a lie in too. being on a course and then out last night, I didn't have a chance to look at the board for a while. So this morning I did all the things I was planning to do, then caught up with 5 live in the car. I caught them saying about Arsenal Bolton being the late match and thought " that's curious, there's not usually two" so checked up when I got home.

It wasn't us, and it was by now 12.15 so we couldn't have made it (I have to go from North London via Oxford to pick her up). So I'm going to sit here listening to Radio Rovers and watching the Ryder Cup. I'm not sure which will be more depressing........................

Can't see us getting anything today, their midfield should dominate ours if we go in with a four. We're in a real mess at the mpment so I'd go with five in midfield and just Santa up front. Which five ? doe's it matter, they're all as poor as each other . A point will be a good point, this Fulham team isn't the Fulham of old ,they can play a bit.

I have a horrible feeling Villanueva is gonna be left out again... but hopefully Ince will prove me wrong. He's definitely the player we need right now to inject some confidence in the fans. I'm not expecting the world from him, but he can't be any worse than what we've been playing in CM lately.

Im sickened.

Andrews starts. I wouldve thought Tugay had a chance, and then Fowler ahead of Benni. Unless Benni is injured thats a disgraceful decision and Villanueva doesnt play yet again.

For me its a must win game, not in terms of survival, but confidence, hope, inspiration, optimism, and so much more, both for the team and more importantly the fans.

WHAT IS INCE DOING!

you have Tugay, Ooijer, Carlos to choose from, yet he chooses Simpson, Treacy and Andrews to start.

ridiculous. With the way we are at the moment we should be using experienced players who are known to be able to perform at this level. Not Simpson, Treacy and Andrew. Im all for giving young players a chance, but at this moment, following a string of appauling performances we shouldnt be risking their inexperience.

Maybe ince has realised he cant hack it in the premiership so he's going to try and get us relegated to give himself an easier job ;).

lets hope ince proves me wrong

Archived