BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn V. Stoke City

Just quickly before I have me tea.....

Some basic coaching had a big effect on our defending today.

Stoke are a poor team yes, but starting positions of the midfied, especially the wide men was correct at last and several balls in were dealt with easily with Pedersen and Emerton in better positions.

MOTM Pedersen for me.

Andrews was a f@@@kin disgrace.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed with TGM. Vogel would be a great partner for Dunn until Grella is back. He's a good reader of the game and keeps things simple.

Anyway, I'm not thinking that far ahead right now. I want to savour the moment. It was a dogged performance from the lads. They put the work in and got men behind the ball. It could have been more, had McCarthy, Pedersen, and Roberts taken their chances in the second half. Robinson was also very commanding at the back, and I don't remember any flapping. The clean sheet will do him - and the rest of the team - the world of good.

Robinson was also very commanding at the back, and I don't remember any flapping. The clean sheet will do him - and the rest of the team - the world of good.

Robinson came for a corner and completely missed it. Quite lucky...

Wonder what Tony Pulis makes of the sacking now? No wonder he wanted to face Ince.

What a nice change! I am coming out of the depression and dont have to leave the room everytime someone mentions football. I have just had a look at the tables for the first time in weeks. Gracious, we were in a bad position before today. I didn't realise that it was that bad. I will just be happy if we continue to narrow the gap over the next few weeks. At least I could understand the team and the substitutions today.

Clean sheet which is good,but still look very nervous at the back with balls played over the top. Andrews was very poor today, and again apart from his goal,will somebody please explain to Roberts how to beat a keeper in one on one situations.

Vogel just strikes me as a bit lighweight to be honest. Interesting he did not make the 18 today, with Judge on the bench. It will take time for Allardyce to run his rule over them, but seeing as he played last week it is suprising he was left out.

Maybe Sam doesn't rate him either?

Vogel wasn't in the 18 against Wigan either. It is too early to tell what judgement Allardyce has made on Vogel, if any.

Guest Kamy100

Just got back, great result and wonderful to see so many happy people outside the ground and also on here.

Big difference was at the back, we looked organised and came through a reall physical examination. First 20 minutes it was pretty much Stoke winning throw in's and launching them into the box, however unlike the last month or so the defence stood up to it and actually forced Stoke to change their tactics in the second half. Also saw that midfield and defence were closer together which made us much harder to breakdown. Benni and Roberts were great, they worked as a partnership and worked their socks off. If Benni can maintain his form and confidence then he has the ability to score the goals that will take us out of relegation.

The only real negative was that we are still are weak in midfield, we still gave the ball away a lot but at it was good to see Dunn back who showed real passion and desire, a lot of it is to do with confidence, I am sure once Sam has time to work with them we will get better and it is very important that we get Grella back and fit.

Great start. Everyone can now enjoy Christmas and get back to it against Sunderland which will be a tough game but players and fans will take a lot of confidence from this.

WELL DONE THE LADS!! :rover:

Well, what a difference a new manager makes,or should I say a manager who knows what he's doing.McCarthy and Roberts looked a dangerous and rejuvenated strike force and our defense looked solid.

Its been quite a while since I've enjoyed a Saturday watching Rovers!...................

:brfc:

the way mcarthy and roberts played today they have to start against sunderland-i know santa cruz might be our main striker-but we shouldnt just accomadate him because of last seasons form-mcarthy and roberts did brilliant today and should start next game

i thought defensively we was brilliant-samba and nelsen were very solid and won nearly every ball in the air-we sussed stoke out with their long throws-stoke will need delap fit and taking throw ins if the stand any chance of staying up..

the only person who i was disappointed in was keith andrews-he put the effort in but everyone did..i think either mokoena, vogel or grella should come in for him against sunderland...

• Backroom

Feel great tonight, I didn't think we were superb but what a difference. could have been 6 in the end.

The was one move in the second half which culminated in Pedersen nearly scoring from a Warnock cross that was outstanding.

Must have been a superb day for the 4 or 5 Norwegians sat next to me and behind me in the Blackburn top right, they were in great voice so all credit to them and glad rovers made it worthwhile.

Well done Sam and the lads thats more like it!

• Backroom

Oh and one more thing, Roberts and Benni have to start the next game, lets get the £18 million for RSC and get in a RW with pace.

4 points from the next 2 games may be a stretch but would give us a real chance.

Fantastic result which merely highlights what this squad could potentially do.

Three scored, nil conceded, perfect.

We still need a quality central midfield player, wide player, full back and striker but with Sam in charge I feel he will sign the right players for us.

If we can sneak a win vs Sunderland away- something which historically is in our favour (we have not lost in the North East for ages, a couple of years?), then the table opens up for us.

Archived