BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Relegation Watch

So if Newcastle lose to Villa, and Hull dont beat United are Hull down with Boro and West Brom?

If Newcastle lose against Villa.. Boro*, Newc and WBA** are down.

*Boro have to win by a huge margin and Hull have to lose by a huge margin, for Boro to stay up...

EDIT: **WBA have to also get at least a point against 'pool

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, if Newcastle lose to Villa Newcastle are down. Newcastle need to better Hull's result next weekend basically.

Massive fight brewing here. If United to field a weakned side against Hull then Newcastle will be spitting blood. But seeing as there is little love lost between Ferguson, the Geordies and (I think?) Alan Shearer it could be interesting. All starters in the CL will be rested for sure....

They have mentioned Pompey about 3 or 4 times?

Pompey have two fewer points than us so are much closer to the scrap considering there was two games left...

Boro are down, WBA are playing two sides with nothing to play for now so I wouldnt rule out them staying up...they will need two wins but I can see them wanting it much, much more vs Liverpool tomorrow.

Guest benmaxwell
Boro are down, WBA are playing two sides with nothing to play for now so I wouldnt rule out them staying up...they will need two wins but I can see them wanting it much, much more vs Liverpool tomorrow.

Apart from the threequarters of a million pounds that comes with the final league position..? :unsure:

Pompey are safe today as well.

WBA go down if they don't get a point tomorrow and Sunderland are safe if they win at Pompey but right now its three from WBA, Boro, Newcastle, Hull and Sunderland going down.

Fulham and Spurs are battling for 7th and the Europa Cup place.

11 Stoke 37 -14 45

12 Wigan 37 -12 42

13 Bolton 37 -11 41

14 Blackburn 36 -18 40

15 Portsmouth 36 -20 38

16 Sunderland 36 -17 36

17 Hull 37 -24 35

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

18 Newcastle 37 -18 34

19 Middlesbrough 37 -28 32

20 West Brom 36 -29

Apart from the threequarters of a million pounds that comes with the final league position..? :unsure:

It was a figure of speech. Liverpool definitely won't be fussed about that 750k, they'll just be deflated after going full pelt for so long and have had their fair share of losses to lowly opposition in the past. And clearly our players won't be anyway near as fired up as if we were playing for a place in the league or a place in Europe.

Massive fight brewing here. If United to field a weakned side against Hull then Newcastle will be spitting blood. But seeing as there is little love lost between Ferguson, the Geordies and (I think?) Alan Shearer it could be interesting. All starters in the CL will be rested for sure....

There is also the point that of some of the squad for manu may need to play to qualify for a medal!

not sure what the count is but it could be interesting and justification for not playing the regulars

:rover:

There is also the point that of some of the squad for manu may need to play to qualify for a medal!

not sure what the count is but it could be interesting and justification for not playing the regulars

I think it's 10 games required to get the medal. I'd be amazed if there was more than one Man Utd player stuck on 9 games, I don't think it'll be a factor at all.

Come on Villa get them barcodes stuffed.

Villa are not in good order though, I can see a draw.

Makes me feel good that Friedal is now at villa - He'll help send newcastle down

According to Premier League rules, Man U get 21 medals for players, manager, and staff, and a player has to play 10 Premier League games to qualify for a medal. A quick glance doesn't show anyone sitting on 9 premiership games that needs just 1 to qualify for a medal. Also show 18 players already at the 10 game mark. But not sure how many staff members take up those 21 medals in addition to one being for Ferguson.

Guest Kamy100

There is no way fergie is going to play any of his starting eleven for the final, he probably won't even risk the likes of Jonny Evans, although Utd reserve players are good enough to cause Hull problems but they still have a great chance of staying up. Newcastle in trouble and can see them losing to Villa.

There is no way fergie is going to play any of his starting eleven for the final, he probably won't even risk the likes of Jonny Evans, although Utd reserve players are good enough to cause Hull problems but they still have a great chance of staying up. Newcastle in trouble and can see them losing to Villa.

Just been listening to the Manc players. It was all: "We'll have a good night tonight then its back to work on Monday preparing for Barcelona."

With the Hull game late on the Sunday afternoon, I think you are correct Kamy. Hull steaming to stay up are very likely to cause injuries with over-enthusastic tackling and aerial challenges.

Newcastle 0 - 1 Fulham...

WERE SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice to be safe with the first result of the afternoon.

WE ARE SAFE!!!!!

Good weekend already.

Happy days. :rover:

As Gunner says we are safe with the first result in. It's funny but I can hardly remember a bad day concerning the results of our relegation rivals in the last two months! If I had written what results we would have wished for before every weekend it'd not have been far wrong. Not often things work so well for us is it?

They'll also be without Bassong who they seem to think is their best defender.

They have no recognised left back currently fit so Duff was playing there today. With Duff having lost his pace and Milner a Newcastle old boy who didn't leave on the best of terms, Villa could have fun on the flanks. Certainly Newcastle's rear guard will be no match for the pace of Young and Agbonlahor.

However, I think Hull will need a draw as I think the barcodes might force a draw at Villa Park despite Villa wanting to win to re-take 5th place off the Toffees who have a sticky one at Craven Cottage.

Archived