BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Relegation Watch

• Backroom
Wasn´t that McClaren?

Oops, yes, but I meant to say Southgate was rested for the premier league match prior to the final. He probably didn't have an issue with the rule then.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I jad a dream about the final day of the season last night.

We were watching the full time scores come in at Ewood when the score of Villa 1 Newcastle 2 was met by groans then joy as Hull 1 United 0 was read out, followed by more angst as we realised Sunderland had lost and saved the toon.

Having said that, please Villa do us all a favour and get rid of them.

A lesson to us all- Man U can play whoever they want as any old argument can be advaced that they put out their strongest side.

Scary to think that if JW had delayed sacking Ince by two more games, we would have been sweating on Ferguson's team selection.

He left it too long for my liking anyway Paul.

Sorry Phil or Paul ! It's been a long season !

A lesson to us all- Man U can play whoever they want as any old argument can be advaced that they put out their strongest side.

Scary to think that if JW had delayed sacking Ince by two more games, we would have been sweating on Ferguson's team selection.

A sobering thought indeed. Thankfully that's someone elses problem. Having said that I don't think it's going to matter. Wouldn't be suprised to see both Newcastle and Hull lose.

I dont really rate Nolan, so I dont really understand what people see in him. Yes he is better than our current midfielders, but thats hardly difficult at the moment. Bolton fans also dont think much of him.

Well thats all they have to do.... Pretty much every Newcastle player is better than their equivalent in their position at at least two or three clubs in the Prem. Ergo someone will buy them. For example Beye, Martins, Spiderman, Nolan would probably all interest Sam.

Newcastle will find it a lot easier to sell their players than West Brom will. Although Brom don't have to worry about it becuase they can afford to keep hold of the squad.

THts the daft thing about Newcastle, there is no shortage of talent, just a shortage of adequate leadership and tactics. Based on the players ability they should be mid table. However they're such a circus the wheels keep falling off.

Newcastle will find it a lot easier to sell their players than West Brom will. Although Brom don't have to worry about it becuase they can afford to keep hold of the squad.
?

Until the small matter of wages come under discussion, then any interest in em may wane somewhat.

As sure as eggs is eggs Newcastle will escape. I so want them to go down but it's just not going to happen. They will beat Villa and Hull will draw at best. Goodbye Hull goodbye Middlesbrough. It's sad that we managed to wish Newcastle so close to the trapdoor and they just wriggled free as it opened. Next year they will be a real pain. Sigh.

I really can't see Sunderland getting anything other than a defeat this weekend at home to Chelsea. However, their goal difference is better than Hull's, so only a win for Hull will see them overtaken. In my opinion, I can't see both Newcastle and Hull both winning, so I think Sunderland will be ok - just.

As far as Newcastle are concerned, their goal difference is better than both Hull's and Sunderland's so that could prove a key factor in who goes down. I have never once thought that Newcastle will go down, I just can't imagine it happening. I still think that now, and that they will get something at Villa, putting Hull in dire trouble. Utd may be playing a weakened side, but Hull's form at the KC has been dire and have failed to win in their last 10 at home (drawing 3, losing 7), and I don't think that poor run will end.

Unfortunately, I think we will be saying bye bye to Phil Brown's men and the Geordies will stay up.

Interesting how before the Rovers - Pompey game, I was reading the newspaper about what Lawrenson thought about Hull. He said that he thought Hull would go down at the start of the season and they still would then. But his prediction's on BBC today say that Hull will survive and Newcastle will go down.

As sure as eggs is eggs Newcastle will escape. I so want them to go down but it's just not going to happen. They will beat Villa and Hull will draw at best. Goodbye Hull goodbye Middlesbrough. It's sad that we managed to wish Newcastle so close to the trapdoor and they just wriggled free as it opened. Next year they will be a real pain. Sigh.

Could not disagree more. Let's not forget that Newcastle are going into this as the underdogs. They NEED a win. Therefore are likely to open playing very attacking football. Sadly for them, their terrible performance in front of goal is likely to continue (come on Brad!!). My only worry is that Shearer is going to put ten men behind the ball then look at the Hull score at half time. "Oh they are losing two nil, lets keep it tight." I'm sincerely hoping they go for it, in which case they are likely to be caught on the break.

Come on Villa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

villa are currently doing an excellent charlton impression and have collapsed in the second half of the season......i can't for the life of me see newcastle not winning, i thought fulham would beat them but can't see villa doing the business when the entire country wants them to.

Agreed Villa are dire at present.

But Newcastle have a big tactical problem. They need 1 point more than Hull get so do they go to Villa Park for the draw or go there for the win?

Going for the draw packing defence and midfield will bring Villa onto them but if they attack Villa they would turn it tactically into an away game for Villa and Villa have been far more effective away from home this season.

Either way, I think the odds favour Villa getting the first goal as Newcastle don't have the pace to cope with Villa's speedsters. At 1-0 down, Newcastle have to attack at which point they will be wide open for the sucker punch Villa have been delivering most of the season.

Even if the Mancs kill Hull early, I cannot see the Barcodes having the ability to protect a 0-0 at Villa Park.

I am probably being optimistic about MoN's bottlers but I'd say the odds favour a Villa win on balance.

Villa will do the business imo, they will win 2-0 with Heskey and Barry getting the goals. Its going to be really exciting, with Tugay day and Newcastle getting relegated flu V2N0 lol

I think Villa will screw it up, but hopefully they wont!

Got a horrible feeling you're right. Really really hope not.

After a Rangers win, Villa winning is what I most want from Sunday. I'd even sacrifice a Rovers win for it.

Villa will do the business imo, they will win 2-0 with Heskey and Barry getting the goals. Its going to be really exciting, with Tugay day and Newcastle getting relegated flu V2N0 lol

God...

Bird Flu

Swine Flu

and now...

Relegated Flu!

:closedeyes:

Villa should be thinking about who they'd rather have in the league next season.

Surely If Newcastle stay up there's a chance of them bringing in some big money signings and actually doing better next season therefore maybe even challenging Villas attempts at getting into Europe. Villa have a duty to send Newcastle down.

I cant really be bothered with who it is going to be from the so called "2 from 4" scenario, it doesnt involve Rovers and that really is all that matters.

Saying that, to watch the barcodes take the drop would seriously make me smile all summer long.

WBA

Smoggies

Barcodes.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Villa should be thinking about who they'd rather have in the league next season.

Surely If Newcastle stay up there's a chance of them bringing in some big money signings and actually doing better next season therefore maybe even challenging Villas attempts at getting into Europe. Villa have a duty to send Newcastle down.

True .

I can't see anything other than a comfortable Villa win against a poor Newcastle team .

Villa have the players and in front of an expectant home crowd on the last day of the season they'll have the incentive also .

Villa 3 - 0 Newcastle .

Newcastle can't play for a draw - it would be a stupid thing to do. Sitting back to deep would mean that Villa would dominate possession, and with a defence like Newcastle's, it would probably crack and result in a goal. Even if the game finishes as a draw, it still means that Hull have to lose and nothing else will do. Newcastle HAVE to go for the win. A draw may be enough, but you can't play for a draw in a game like this when your destiny is out of your hands and it is so significant.

Everyone knows Hull have been dire recently. They have picked up just two wins and 15 points in their last 28 games, failing to win in 9. To highlight just how bad they have been, Sunderland have won once in 9 (1-0 v Hull), Boro have won twice this year (2-0 v Liverpool, 3-1 v Hull) and Villa have won once in their last 15 competitive games (1-0 v Hull).

I don't want them to go down, but unfortunately I do believe Hull are out of their depth and probably are the third worst side in the division. COME ON PHIL, PROVE ME WRONG!

Archived