BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Relegation Watch

The Newcastle wage bill was geting on for double our's last time I looked.

That probably roughly equates to each one of their first team squad getting double his equivalent at Ewood eg Owen's £110k per week vs Roque's £60k a week.

So if you want a steaming pile of underperforming suspect footballers who will completely bust the Rovers' wage structure, the wreckage of St James' Park is the place to go.

If on the otherhand you are not bonkers, you won't even suggest a barcode.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tuncay is a player I would like at Ewood but would he fit in with Sams style of play???

Only Sam knows how he sees it and despite ability etc, if they dont fit the bill they are no use to Rovers.

We need some pace, a good ( or two) central midfielders, and a wide man. maybe a right back two depending on where Emerton plays.

I rate him, too. Been fantastic for Boro over the last couple of seasons and it would definitely be a more than realistic move.

Which is why I think he'll be going for a Nolan reunion this Summer... I'm fairly certain he hates us as much as we hate him but if that could be put aside I'm sure Rovers would be a good place for him to reignite his England ambitions and we'd have one hell of a midfielder.

Better Nolan than Barton that's for sure! Actually I thought Nolan played not too bad last weekend. Beautiful slide-rule pass to Martins early on had me thinking he's a better player than we acknowledge.

That probably roughly equates to each one of their first team squad getting double his equivalent at Ewood eg Owen's £110k per week vs Roque's £60k a week.

So if you want a steaming pile of underperforming suspect footballers who will completely bust the Rovers' wage structure, the wreckage of St James' Park is the place to go.

Or you take one and see Newcastle paying half the wage a la Leeds.

delighted you don't scout for rovers................beye maybe as the utility rb/cb. the others are just amoruso in disguise avoid and let they're wages send newcastle to league 1.

Well I make a gentleman's wager that they will be able to sell most of their squad should they go down. All the big was earners will find new clubs. No one seriously entertains the thought they are not Premiership players. Colo is not going to spenda year in the Championship with 32 Argentina caps. Someone will buy him either in England or abroad.

And more likely than anything he will be a success.

But we shall see.

Colo is not going to spenda year in the Championship with 32 Argentina caps.

And more likely than anything he will be a success.

But we shall see.

Got to agree, they didn't spend 10 mill because he is @#/? and TBH he has had one pretty ordinary game against Liverpool the rest of the tiem he was pretty solid in a defense that is very poorly tactically organised.

I dont really rate Nolan, so I dont really understand what people see in him. Yes he is better than our current midfielders, but thats hardly difficult at the moment. Bolton fans also dont think much of him.

Newcastle seems a good example of what happens if you invest in the stars of yesterday rather than the stars of tomorrow.

Iv heard reports Boro expect Downing to leave this summer for £15m. Surely anyone that pays anywhere over £10m would be crazy?

What happened to a team that got relegated, players value dropping.

Also just seen this - "I think david edgar is going to burnley - apparently the contract he was offered from us (Newcastle) was a bit of an insult and has secured a much better deal with them" Any truth Nicko?

Newcastle seems a good example of what happens if you invest in the stars of yesterday rather than the stars of tomorrow.

:D Got to love that. It should be their club motto!

Iv heard reports Boro expect Downing to leave this summer for £15m. Surely anyone that pays anywhere over £10m would be crazy?

What happened to a team that got relegated, players value dropping.

Also just seen this - "I think david edgar is going to burnley - apparently the contract he was offered from us (Newcastle) was a bit of an insult and has secured a much better deal with them" Any truth Nicko?

Well if he's worth 15 then we should get 20 for Roque! The more the merrier I say.

For a moment there I though they were in for Edgar Davids!

They reckon Downings injury will keep him out for 6mths..so doubt there will be any takers yet..According to the Sun .Newcastle to sue Man Utd if they put out a weakened side and not perform.Silly to make this type of public statement as the others should sue Villa if they dont finish them off..

Ha they will sue for what?

United could put their under 18's team out if they wanted, aslong as the players are registered to play. I really hope it only makes United feel even less sorry for the Geordies and really take it easy at Hull. Come on Hull & Villa!!

I was reading earlier about Newcastle's wages - £105k owen, £64k Barton, £60k duff, geremi, Viduka, smith, £50k Collocini, £35k Enrique, £25k Xisco - That alone is £27m in wages - without taking into account the management and rest of players like Butt, Martins, Spider man, Taylor etc..... They are a car crash waiting to happen, hopefully this sunday!!

United could put their under 18's team out if they wanted, aslong as the players are registered to play. I really hope it only makes United feel even less sorry for the Geordies and really take it easy at Hull. Come on Hull & Villa!!

I was reading earlier about Newcastle's wages - £105k owen, £64k Barton, £60k duff, geremi, Viduka, smith, £50k Collocini, £35k Enrique, £25k Xisco - That alone is £27m in wages - without taking into account the management and rest of players like Butt, Martins, Spider man, Taylor etc..... They are a car crash waiting to happen, hopefully this sunday!!

Barton is on 64k thats shocking even if he wasn't the idiot he is he wouldn't be worth that much.

I guess Manure are exempt from this ruling. Paragraph E20 of Premier League rules states: "In every league match each participating club should field a full strength team."

No doubt they will be, or if not will just get a slap on the wrist.

Wonder what the actual penalty is for breach of the rule (points deduction) :lol:

I guess Manure are exempt from this ruling. Paragraph E20 of Premier League rules states: "In every league match each participating club should field a full strength team."

No doubt they will be, or if not will just get a slap on the wrist.

Wonder what the actual penalty is for breach of the rule (points deduction) :lol:

He can just say he is introducing a rotation policy for the rest of the season same as benitez lol

To be fair that rule is slightly out of date now, it's hard to apply that when teams are using squads of 10+.

I'm expecting a similar line-up to that which played Everton in the FA Cup semi-final. You can't blame them for not risking their star players against a team fighting for their lives.

I'd like to see van der Saar throw it in his own net 3 times, then the 2 teams could have a lazy kickabout for the remaining 85 minutes and pull on Hull City shirts at full time.

Fergie says Ferdinand will be playing sunday if he is to be fit for the Champs league final.

So thats Ferdinand & Fletcher likely to play with probably Kuzsack in goal. Its not looking like the really week team I was expecting.

some of utd's fringe players might be eligible for a medal...walbeck, webber, rafael, fabio,et al. besides noone complained when fergie fielded them in the cup and earlier prem games due to injuries and resting star players...it's just spilt milk if you ask me.

aside from that i wouldn't mind rovers having some of those lads in their lineup and neither would the relegation candidates.

• Backroom

The article that came out about the North-East clubs threatening to sue Man Utd was surely made up. No quotes for starters, but more importantly, how can gareth 'where's my license?' southgate complain to anyone about breaching premier league rules? He also might want to check the squad he put out before Boro's UEFA cup final a while back.... hmmm. Also, before Rafa sticks his nose in as I imagine he will, he might want to remember the team he put out before the 07 champions league.

However, probably all made up.

The Premier League can't criticise United for whatever team they put out. They have so many good players in their squad, they might have enough to beat Hull anyway. Against Middlesbrough at the start of May, United made eight changes to the side which beat Arsenal in the Champions League, and still ran out comfortable 2-0 winners. Even Hull have a United player in Manucho, who can't make the United starting eleven but often features for Hull.

Hull can lose this game and still stay up. It's all about Newcastle - COME ON VILLA!

Archived