SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City V Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Am I dreaming?

Was about to come on saying Merson said it looked scrappy and that would favour Hull, by the time I get to post we're 2-0 up.

Also FFS Sam Warnock in centre mid and Andrews playing what are you playing at???? :P

Please hold out boys

team spirit looked good after that second goal - hull look bad so were we until the first goal, well never get andrews out the team now

Despite all his faults, Andrews does something that none of our midfielders really do; Make well-timed runs into the box. Don't know what the goal today looked like, but that's the one thing he's been doing well all season. Unlike someone like Lampard he often fails to control the ball or finish decently, but if he can improve on that it's useful to have. I suspect that's part of the reason he keeps starting games, although I think he needs to do more than that to be worthy of a spot in the starting XI.

Please let us NOT throw it away the way we have done in second halves before. West Brom comes to mind, and Man City definitely does as well.

Warnock runs with the ball from central midfield something none of our other players offer from central midfield and his pace from there has resulted in goals on a number of occasions this season, Man Utd in the Cup, Villa in the league, twice today and I dont think he has played more than 7-8 games there in all this season.

Despite all his faults, Andrews does something that none of our midfielders really do; Make well-timed runs into the box. Don't know what the goal today looked like, but that's the one thing he's been doing well all season. Unlike someone like Lampard he often fails to control the ball or finish decently, but if he can improve on that it's useful to have. I suspect that's part of the reason he keeps starting games, although I think he needs to do more than that to be worthy of a spot in the starting XI.

perfectly timed run onto warnocks pass, couldnt miss the net

It looked like a typical Mark Atkins goal: well-timed run to tap in a low, pulled-back cross

It was a tap in from dead in front for Andrews, but he timed his run beautifully and had a man with him. But it's not the goal that's important, he's actually playing better than he has since Christmas I'd say. Team is looking good, but the knock to Robbo is a concern.

It sounds like we're set up in a 4-5-1/4-3-3 formation that I always considered to be Big Sam's trademark formation at Notlob. Looks like it's doing the trick today!

C'mon Rovers. Keep it up!

Great first half lads. Just need to keep attacking them and the goals will come.

Looks like Robbo may not continue, not good as Bunn is at Leicester. Robbo has played well this half as well, some good saves and punches.

Archived