BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City V Blackburn Rovers

That my friends, is a massive 3 points for Rovers.

Not only does it bring Hull firmly back into the beat the drop battle, it nullifies Boro's surprise win over Liverpoo and also ensures now that if results go our way, then a win against Everton put us in a really good position.

I think Pedersons yellow card will see the team weakened when he misses the game becasue in the likes of Treacy we may as well just put out 10 players.

Anyhow, we take what we got and start plans for Wednesday.

I think we'll be seeing Dunny on the left (Hopefully! Anything is better than Treacy)

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 points but I am no more confident of staying up than I was 95 mins ago. 2 gross acts of unprofessionalism took us from an unassailable position to desperately hanging on: Pedersen's stupid challenge and then us being undone AGAIN by an unopposed short corner.

Oh, and our well-rested athletes were out on their feet for the last 10 mins.

How invaluable was the much-malaigned Andrews' goal

And how anonymous was he for the rest of the match? Fair play he bagged a goal, but he's still a waste of a shirt.

Absolutely delighted with the win, definately one we needed to log. The team didn't play particularily well, but they ground out a result which is all that matters at this point.

3 points but I am no more confident of staying up than I was 95 mins ago. 2 gross acts of unprofessionalism took us from an unassailable position to desperately hanging on: Pedersen's stupid challenge and then us being undone AGAIN by an unopposed short corner.

Oh, and our well-rested athletes were out on their feet for the last 10 mins.

How invaluable was the much-malaigned Andrews' goal

Previously we'd had numerous games under Sam where we'd played the better football and not gone on to win, today was hardly vintage stuff but we were owed a bit of luck.

An away win and three points in the bag, just the sheer fact we're out of the relegation zone will be a huge psychological boost.

Good goal by Andrews, it was a tap in but he needed to burst into that position. However, he owes us a few of those given his previous performances.

Brown, I thought did everything asked of him exceptionally well, couple of good catches, the save with a couple of minutes to go was class, a well struck shot low to his right, doubt Robbo would have got to it. :unsure:

Nelson was immense today, solid as a rock.

3 points, now move on to another 3 against Everton, then maybe I will be in the staying up camp.

Great result, missed the game though. Well done lads, but can somebody indicate what happened to Robinson?

He didn't recover from a challenge at the end of the first half. He came out bravely to clear the ball on the byline and got crunched in the process. He saw out the first half so hopefully it's more of a precaution.

3 wins and 4 draws since Sam took over makes it 13 points.

John Williams said when Sam took over that we needed 9 wins. You could count 3 of those draws as a win, so we need another 5 wins. Looking at out run-in, I don't see why we couldn't do it?

I guess this Andrews goal + the one away at Brom will be important in the end if we stay up.

I dont want to slaughter him in his moment of 'glory', but he just proved again today that he is not up to even championship football. The majority of the Hull tema are championship standard (bar their amazing run of form at the beginning of the season) and he still managed to remain anonymous. The best example was towards the end when he was alone in the opposition half and could have taken it on or passed it. He dallied on the ball until someone robbed him of the ball. Utterly useless!

Still, he got us a goal.

• Backroom

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees group hug at my house, I don't give a hoot we nearly threw it away it doesn't matter we didn't, get in.

Delighted with the win, massive 3 points for us away from home.

Gutted with the Pedersen sending off, what's that a 3 game ban? Probably need a few weeks wrapped in cotton wool to heal the crown jewels though! Never a sending off imo and you can't appeal 2 yellow cards either!

Thought Diouf was good today, was working hard all over the pitch in attack and in defense.

Why do we refuse to send out 2 players when they have 2 players taking the corners. We were stung by Van Persie, stung again for the goal today and very nearly stung at the end when only one player went out, they went round him but, fortunately, it was a really poor cross.

We have nothing to worry about. We are too good to go down.

I hope that doesn't come back to haunt me but everyone constantly states that Tottenham and Newcastle will get out of it because they're too good. Looking at the table though, we're only two points behind them and we are as good as them (at least as a team, and on the evidence of previous seasons)

Gutted with the Pedersen sending off, what's that a 3 game ban? Probably need a few weeks wrapped in cotton wool to heal the crown jewels though! Never a sending off imo and you can't appeal 2 yellow cards either!

One game ban for two yellows. So not a major issue.

• Backroom

In honesty as massive as this win is for us I still think the bigger result is the fact that Hull look very likely to go down now.

A win on wed would be brilliant but now a draw wouldn't be the end of the world.

As it stands we are out of the bottom 3 with a game in hand over some, thats all that matters right now.

Perhaps Big Sam was right to rest his players on Tuesday!!!

Well done lads.

I would agree if we looked the better and fresher side in the last 20 minutes, but it was anything but! Not saying it had a negative effect, just don't know if it really had any effect.

Archived