BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City V Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Hopefully this result will shut some of the pessimists up for a few days at least. Huge, huge win. We showed good character to withstand pressure at the end and restrict them to long shots.

We're OUT OF THE RELEGATION ZONE! :) and have a game in hand. Destiny is in our own hands now. For the first weekend in a while I'm feeling good after a Rovers game.

Hope those of you who came through enjoyed your time here - Was it any of you who I saw trying to persuade the bouncer to let you in to Pozition? A lad with short, shaved hair n' black shirt was saying "But this is the place to be isn't it?" in a Lancastrian accent.

I hope the majority of you had a chance to have a look around the city, rather than take home your image of the city from the area which surrounds the stadium, as it doesn't do the rest of the city any justice.

It'd be nice to hear from those who did have a look elsewhere/went out Saturday night about your thoughts on your visit.

Game wise, personally I thought it was 2 poor sides in a poor game.

Ref was awful for both teams.

nobody deserved to win. 2-2 would have been fair.

Rovers were lucky not to have given away a penalty on Turner - Samba pushed him in the back when he jumped up to header the ball goalwards. Really blatant penalty, but todays ref couldn't see past the end of his nose and was constatntly conned by players of both teams with regards to diving/going down easily - Diouf probably being most guilty of this.

I thought Hull City were the better side for the first patch until Warnock scored - then the Hull City defence let the 2nd in whilst too busy looking sorry for themselves from the 1st goal. Then Rovers just looked to pass the ball about and hold out for the win, which they did well until Hull City started to put on the pressure for the last 10 mins.

One grump today!

What was a initially humerous issue with the Betnley print is now becoming an embarrassment to the club. Apparently our 20m striker has changed his name to 'Satna Cruz'. Does nobody check these things cos I cannot recall it happening at other clubs.

Someone else also mentioned that but...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/pictures/200...15875-21163518/ The picture where they are celebrating the Warnock goal

Unless my eyes are playing tricks with me

EDIT: Looks like he had a name change at half time: http://www.sportbox.tv/photos/imagepopup.p...date=2009-03-01

I feel sick. I'm too old for this kind of stress. Brill win in a must win game. Peds sending off was just the ref evening things up. Soft, but then Peds should have known what would happen giving the ref half a chance. Everton now gets that bit tougher. But happy times right now, out the bottom 3 so we've got to be pleased.

My head was begining to drop a bit especially after the poor Coventry result, a few games were I anticipated we would not get many points and a few games were like everyone else I thought we deserved more. A big, big win. Looking forward to the Everton game with baited breath.

Yes! Brilliant win that moves us nicely out of the drop zone. A win on Wednesday will send us up to 13th. Praise the lord.

Well forecast, Rovermatt. 2-1 Rovers

As one of the pessimists, I am highly delighted with the three points. I've no nails left and my pulse was racing in the last 15 minutes.

Why can't we kill off teams who we have under the cosh?

Now we're back in the pack but by no means safe.

Here's to a good scrap for the rest of the season. :rover:

It looked exactly like the Man City game - we deservedly go two up front, play some decent football - then suddenly they throw a tidal wave of pressure an us, get a goal back and we try to hang on by the skin of our teeth - the major difference being Jason Brown who produced that save at the end.

Thankfully, lightning doesn't strike twice.

It did at bloody Villa Park! :angry:

Someone else also mentioned that but...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/pictures/200...15875-21163518/ The picture where they are celebrating the Warnock goal

Unless my eyes are playing tricks with me

EDIT: Looks like he had a name change at half time: http://www.sportbox.tv/photos/imagepopup.p...date=2009-03-01

Well spotted...... I wonder if Adrian Childs production team spots it tonight on MoTD 2?

Nice to be able to take some positives from a game, Andrews was much improved from recent form and seemed to deal better with what was expected from that formation than Grella and Warnock at times. Robinson made a couple of fantastic saves from what turned out to be offside efforts at goal, here's hoping his injury isn't bad enough to keep him out on Weds otherwise I think Bunn's stay at Leicester will be a very short one (Brown doesn't instill any confidence although he also made a great save late on).

The back four looked generally solid, Samba was dominant at Hull set pieces and Nelsen and Givet also had good games I thought.

Disappointed with the tactics in injury time - when we have a free kick on the edge of their box 1 min into 5 mins of injury time, and instantly give them the ball back by playing it short and trying to keep it near the corner, we might as give them the ball back by getting at least one body in the box to have a crack at goal!

Great noise from the Rovers fans today, and can't argue with the result. Onwards and upwards!

3319786936_20b22277eb.jpg Rovers fans in the sun at the KC ...

Looking at some of the forums and a lot of Hull fans are not happy with Phil Brown and his treatment of Giovanni especially this line in his press conference.

"He will never do that to me again," Brown said. "I'm the manager. I haven't spoken to him yet. He's getting drugs-tested so hopefully they will find that positive."

Nice to be able to take some positives from a game, Andrews was much improved from recent form and seemed to deal better with what was expected from that formation than Grella and Warnock at times. Robinson made a couple of fantastic saves from what turned out to be offside efforts at goal, here's hoping his injury isn't bad enough to keep him out on Weds otherwise I think Bunn's stay at Leicester will be a very short one (Brown doesn't instill any confidence although he also made a great save late on).

The back four looked generally solid, Samba was dominant at Hull set pieces and Nelsen and Givet also had good games I thought.

Disappointed with the tactics in injury time - when we have a free kick on the edge of their box 1 min into 5 mins of injury time, and instantly give them the ball back by playing it short and trying to keep it near the corner, we might as give them the ball back by getting at least one body in the box to have a crack at goal!

Great noise from the Rovers fans today, and can't argue with the result. Onwards and upwards!

3319786936_20b22277eb.jpg Rovers fans in the sun at the KC ...

IF Andrews had a good game you need to seriously look at the quality of the opposition. <_<

Great result, poor poor performance.

Not at all convinced by the merits of the 4-5-1 formation, especially so for home games. Far too much aimless hit and hope stuff towards RSC and the ball being constantly given away to the opposition.

How we managed to turn that into a nail biter from being 2-0 up against ten men I'm not sure. MGP shouldn't be taking any undue risks on a yellow, and their goal was unbelievable.

We fall asleep at a short corner on our right, leaving two men completely unmarked. We only just manage to scramble the ball away for another corner then stone me if we don't do exactly the same thing on the other side of the pitch conceding the goal!

So massive improvement needed but at least this result gives us a realistic chance of staying up. If we'd lost today I think we'd have been sunk.

Or consider giving him credit. <_<

He scored the goal, yes, but he needs to compensate us for his anonymous performances. He gave away another needless free-kick that could have put Hull 1-0 up, unless Robinson hadn't tipped it over.

If we stay up and he's still in the first-team, we're gonna struggle.

Or consider giving him credit. <_<

Only poor opposition will allow Andrews to have a good game its that simple! Evertons midfield wont be as crap as Hulls.

Your only as good as your opponent will allow you to be.

Only poor opposition will allow Andrews to have a good game its that simple! Evertons midfield wont be as crap as Hulls.

Your only as good as your opponent will allow you to be.

Doesnt that apply to every player not just Andrews? So MGP was having a good game because of the opposition, as well as Robbo?

I will say it again Andrews is currently keeping out Aaron who is the South African captain and is one of the first names on the teamsheet, he must doing something right as BFS continues to play him.

Good goal by Andrews and an excellently timed run, hopefully he nets again vs Everton. :rover:

• Backroom
Looking at some of the forums and a lot of Hull fans are not happy with Phil Brown and his treatment of Giovanni especially this line in his press conference.

"He will never do that to me again," Brown said. "I'm the manager. I haven't spoken to him yet. He's getting drugs-tested so hopefully they will find that positive."

If he really said that then I think he may be losing it, next stop, Championship.

I think we all knew the Honeymoon period was over but thought they had don enough to give them another season in the sun.

Edit: her is the interview shcokingly bizarre stuff http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...s-Geovanni.html

If he really said that then I think he may be losing it, next stop, Championship.

I think we all knew the Honeymoon period was over but thought they had don enough to give them another season in the sun.

Edit: her is the interview shcokingly bizarre stuff http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...s-Geovanni.html

Lots of people calling for his head - thing is, he and the chairman are really pally-pally. Chairman won't have a bad word said against Brown.

People want to see Brian Horton installed as manager as the players really like him - they don't like Brown's big mouth.

Archived