BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City V Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a huge win for us and it's fantastic to see us out of the relegation zone, even if it is just in goal difference. We need to follow this result up with a win against Everton, which could take us up to 13th. Back to back wins at this time of the season are priceless and as Paul Merson says, teams at the bottom can't win games on the bounce, that's why they are down there. If we could do this on Wednesday, we will have really helped our survival chances. This win feels so good.

Was it 2 yellows? BBC website reported it as a straight red?

Two yellows. It was a straight red for the Hull player who retaliated when Peds got his first.

It seemed a very nervous performance towards the end. Everyone knew how much the 3 points mattered - even more than the performance. At this stage, it's better to struggle with a performance and get a win rather than the alternative!

Our ability to self destruct know no bounds. 11 players against 10, you dont need a straight leg at a defender when you are on a yellow. Diouf is definitely not on this planet. Gets a free kick and without Warnock he would have talked himself into a red card.

I am at the age when mid table obscurity becomes a beautiful goal. Win against who we should,put up a good fight and lose against the Top 5, buy a player,sell a player,bring some great prospects through,good run in the cup , 13th at Christmas, 10th or 11th at the end of the year.

My ticker is in overdrive. Please contribute to my sanity guys and get some points in the next few games so that I can worry less about my blood pressure in April and more about low cost entertainment, like painting my fence.

Oh, and our well-rested athletes were out on their feet for the last 10 mins.

A point that I made when we played Hull at Ewood. Hull do seem to have more stamina than our lot. Something that I expected under Ince but under SA for 2-3 months we really should be showing better.

After the first goal v Villa it's unforgiveable that we are still slow to see the opposition's intentions when taking a short corner.

TF Derbyshire was in Greece! I had visions of Man city all over again.

Overall it sounds like a game that we should not have been holding on for the last few minutes.

I never want to go through that again, my nerves are shot.

You'd better start supporting somebody else then! :rover:

Could have easily caved in at the end but didnt, thanks to Brown. I dont like the way we "close" games out. We were inviting far too much pressure. When they went down to 10 men and brought on a striker for a defender, I wouldve liked to see a quick player such as Roberts brought on for MGP to put them on the back foot for counter attacks. But we didnt.

Overall, a hard fought win. Lets not get carried away by it, as we have performed far better and received less this season, and it can happen again.

Guest Kamy100

Was confident before the game and great that the team went out and got the job done. Pity we let them back into the game but this should give us a confidence boost. Everton game is still big and we need to start winning our home games. Looks like the 4-5-1 system is the way forward for Rovers, particularly away from home.

Was confident before the game and great that the team went out and got the job done. Pity we let them back into the game but this should give us a confidence boost. Everton game is still big and we need to start winning our home games. Looks like the 4-5-1 system is the way forward for Rovers, particularly away from home.

A rose by any other name is still a rose!...... BBC Radio reporter said we were 4-3-3. :rolleyes: I guess it depends on whose counting eh?

One grump today!

What was a initially humerous issue with the Betnley print is now becoming an embarrassment to the club. Apparently our 20m striker has changed his name to 'Satna Cruz'. Does nobody check these things cos I cannot recall it happening at other clubs.

• Backroom

I was remember a certain David Beckam playing at Wembely but your right twice by one club is embarrassing.

What will we have next - Warconk?

One grump today!

What was a initially humerous issue with the Betnley print is now becoming an embarrassment to the club. Apparently our 20m striker has changed his name to 'Satna Cruz'. Does nobody check these things cos I cannot recall it happening at other clubs.

It must be all part of a marketing ploy JW is working on. Someone will superimpose a 'v' in the middle there and we'll have Garmin, TomTom and the like on the hook! :rolleyes:

It looked exactly like the Man City game - we deservedly go two up front, play some decent football - then suddenly they throw a tidal wave of pressure an us, get a goal back and we try to hang on by the skin of our teeth - the major difference being Jason Brown who produced that save at the end.

Thankfully, lightning doesn't strike twice.

Archived