BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hull City V Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Could it be Wigan away all over again? Full of confidence beforehand, 15 mins gon and we were dead in the water. I hope it's not a repeat of that, I felt ill afterwards.

I think the situation is somewhat different, if only because in the Wigan game the players seemed to be playing to get Ince sacked. I can't find any other excuse for the shocking way we let Wigan cut us open, it was heartbreaking to watch.

The players don't want Allardyce out in the same way, so hopefully he can inspire them to take the game to Hull.

The Boro result was always a possibility - a team buoyed by a good performance and result in the Cup midweek.

I think we could well go the other way, also on a lengthening winless streak but with confidence sapped by a dire performance and result in midweek.

Setting off for the game in seven hours, so hope I'm wrong.

We need a bare minimum of 4 points out of the next 2 games i reckon. A draw wouldnt be a disaster today if we could beat Everton on Weds. Saying that though Hull is the easier game of the 2 on paper so this becomes our must win game, couple with the fact we suck Hull into the mire as well if we beat them.

• Backroom
We need a bare minimum of 4 points out of the next 2 games i reckon. A draw wouldnt be a disaster today if we could beat Everton on Weds. Saying that though Hull is the easier game of the 2 on paper so this becomes our must win game, couple with the fact we suck Hull into the mire as well if we beat them.

I disagree, I think we definately need the win today and a draw would be an disaster, just because of where Hull are in the table and how a win for us would drag them towards the relegation zone. Not only that, but if we can't beat Hull who haven't won in what, 12 games? Then can we beat anybody? (Though I suppose you could have said the same about Boro when we drew against them)

This game was big enough as it was, add in Middlesbrough's result yesterday and it just got bigger. We really need a win today. A draw would be something, but a loss would be a disaster. These next two games will have a big say in whether or not we can survive.

anticipating a game, with anxiety attacks, but hopefully, it will turn out, to be a prozac in the end :xmas:

i have mixed feelings regarding the match, i actually dont know what to expect. We really need this win, it would pull hull right down into the relegation battle, and reduce the gap upwards. all games are of equal importance, BUT with that being said, this one sort of stands out.. to me, it almost feels, as if its make or break today..

4-5-1

Roque up front

Warnock, Grella, Pedersen, Diouf & Andrews in midfield

Givet at full back

Hull have Duke in goal - whos he??

Wonder if that means Warnock on the left with Pederson off the striker or Warnock and Grella as the midfield 2 with Andrews getting forward......i hope not.

I am guessing we're lining up like this

----------Robbo

Ooijer Samba Nelsen Givet

----------Grella

----Andrews Warnock

------Diouf Pedersen

------- Santa Cruz

If we go behind or are level with 20-30 to play they'll bring on McCarthy for Andrews or Warnock and revert to 4-4-2 you'd imagine. Perhaps even 4-3-3 with Roberts on and the other one off too.

Would prefer Dunn to Andrews but looks decent on paper. Warnock in the midfield always scares me though.

Archived