BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Magic Number

It seems there are some wildly conflicting views on this board as to how many points we will need to stay up. Currently we have 34 and 18th has 31. There's five games remaining, so we could be anywhere between 34 and 49. Three home games which are all winnable, two away games where realistically one of them (Chelsea) we have no chance of three and only a slight chance of one, so it's more like 34-47.

Some here feel that 41 or 42 will be needed, some think only 35 or 36. Historically the past five seasons has been around 36 or 37, but six seasons ago (I think) 42 was needed.

So I'd like everyone here to go on record and state the minimum requirement for this season.

Personally I feel it will be 38. We're in pretty bad circumstances at Rovers currently with the lack of striking options and the lack of quality central midfielders.

I believe Rovers will get 39, one win and two draws. I think there's a strong chance we need to get at least a point on the last day, and that we'll do it.

I think whoever wins the Boro-Newcastle game will stay up, with WBA and Hull heading back down after one season, and we'll be 16th or 17th.

Thoughts? Predictions?

Guest Vinjay606

3 wins, 1 draw and one defeat should be the club's aim. One of those wins maybe at COMS no reason why BRFC can't win there.

37 should do it, that'd represent a mountain to boro, newcastle and even hull..................none of them have a tevez, they are doomed. thankfully portsmouth lost the other night so they'll be fully committed against newcastle, fulham have better players than newcastle, and liverpool and villa will kill their g/d. they are going down

I reckon 38 or 39. I think Newcastle will win 2. Depends how many they draw.

Boro are toothless and don't have the firepower to get out of it. We are also toothless but have the points in the bag.

39 and I also think Sunday's game is a must win. If we can't win that where are the 5 points coming from?

Lot of Rovers fans i've spoken to reckon it will go down to the final game with a win needed against West Brom. Personally i hope we are safe well before then.

Having to win on the final day to stay up, you just know we will blow it.

Take last season, a win against an already relegated Brum side? would have seen us make Europe, instead we got hammered.

I also think 39 points will do it. Newcastle will have to win 3 of their 5 games to reach 40 points. Hull are the team in a real free fall situation at the moment. Boro are 4 behind us, and will need to win their next 2 games to pass us, provided we lose our next 2. Knowing us, we could well lose those 2 games, but i just cant see Boro winning their next 2. Im still very confident we will stay up, but only just. We are lucky that the remaining fixtures are in our favour, and our destiny is in our own hands. Keep the faith, C'mon Rovers!

I also think 39 points will do it. Newcastle will have to win 3 of their 5 games to reach 40 points. Hull are the team in a real free fall situation at the moment. Boro are 4 behind us, and will need to win their next 2 games to pass us, provided we lose our next 2. Knowing us, we could well lose those 2 games, but i just cant see Boro winning their next 2. Im still very confident we will stay up, but only just. We are lucky that the remaining fixtures are in our favour, and our destiny is in our own hands. Keep the faith, C'mon Rovers!

Boro only 3 points behind us. Newcastle 4 behind.

Archived