• Renewing and moving to Darwen End
    • Yes - new season ticket holder
    • Yes, new season ticket in Darwen End
    • Not renewing
    • No, and not got one now
    • No, I'm Waggy and dont like Fat Sam
    • Grooby gets a freebie anyway

I was stil hoping we wouldn't see under 25k at ewood in a premiership game

It could be - in these hard times - that the club have reached saturation point - possibly shown by the poor take up for the "crucial 3" initiative.

However - I wouldn't be surprised to see an average in excess of 25k

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last season's attendance was 21672, so we are up on both home games so far this year. I am a Darwen End season ticket holder. It suits me, i can pretty much choose where i want to sit. I have a 5yo who struggles to sit still for 90 mins so we have a bit of extra space which is great. There is no way we can ever hope to get such good seats in the BBE and we should be relatively dry when it rains. However, it's unlikely that we will go to every game, i should think about 12/13, especially if we have plenty of 3pm Sat fixtures. I thought that there was a decent enough atmosphere around me considering the lack of action on the pitch, and i can see the possiblity of a respectable level of singing emanating forth once folk have got used to the new seating sytem. It is clear that the average gate for this season is likely to be much higher than last season.

I see there was 23k at the West Ham game, does this mean the £150 season ticket was a complete failure and lowering the prices was a waste of time. Poor show people

4500 new ST holders in this economic climate is hardly a complete failure.

A source from within the club told me they`d sold 'around 600' of the crucial 3 tickets by closing time Friday. He said the 'crucial 3' figures had disappointed the club, but if you add them to the 4500 new ST holders it adds to over 5000 new/extra bums on seats for those games.

If West Ham had sold their allocation, you`d have been looking at a 25k crowd on Saturday.....not bad for an 'un-glamour' game at Ewood.

Sambo, the everton tickets aren't on sale yet becasue the kick off time hasn't been confirmed.

No, I mean it wouldn't ring.. but it is all working again now

You CAN order them now, you give your ST card details and payment, and the lovely woman (Adele) reserves the tickets for you and you get one of the earlier tickets (at the top :D )

Recommend ringing for anyone who wants seats near the back!

Stupid ticket office's number "temporarily out of order"

Same for all numbers at Rovers...

if they want people through the gates then they should at least let them order tickets, desperately need to get my Everton tickets. :angry::angry:

Is that the same "stupid" ticket office that excelled themselves over the closed season in serving new and existing season ticket holders and taking them to view the new seats??? Give them a break pal, an issue with phone lines is hardly their fault.

What is so desperate for you to acquire your ticket this morning? Will you be late for the game???

Is that the same "stupid" ticket office that excelled themselves over the closed season in serving new and existing season ticket holders and taking them to view the new seats??? Give them a break pal, an issue with phone lines is hardly their fault.

What is so desperate for you to acquire your ticket this morning? Will you be late for the game???

I know I know, I was just frustrated, I take it back :P

I need to sort it out whilst I have the money ;)

With no Wolves pre match review up yet, just thought I would add that Wolves have sold 3000 tickets for our game a week on Saturday. They asked for a further allocation but were turned down.

So, if the maths are right, we are heading towards another 24500 plus crowd.

Last seasons first encounter with a promoted team at Ewood brought Hull City and the crowd for that game was a healthy 23,439.

That for me is the figure to beat.

With no Wolves pre match review up yet, just thought I would add that Wolves have sold 3000 tickets for our game a week on Saturday. They asked for a further allocation but were turned down.

So, if the maths are right, we are heading towards another 24500 plus crowd.

Last seasons first encounter with a promoted team at Ewood brought Hull City and the crowd for that game was a healthy 23,439.

That for me is the figure to beat.

Correct. I'd actually say it will hit the 25k mark. The crowd quite simply cannot be lower than the WHU game unless a lot of people with tickets dont turn up!

The others were:

Stoke 23,004 (with 5k stoke fans)

WBA 28,389 (but that was Tugay day and part of the original Crucial 3 package so not really the best to compare with).

We should give Wolves half of the bottom if they have already sold out then - makes sense.

Why would we want to do that then Hughsey?

Maybe we could give them some extra fluffy towels in the dressing room as well.

The extra revenue might just cover Reidy's wages while he sits on his arse for another week.

Make no mistake, this one is must win - any advantage we give to Wolves is a bad idea.

Make no mistake, this one is must win - any advantage we give to Wolves is a bad idea.

Correct. The whole reason we took back the darwen end was to gain a advantage in vocal support. Giving teams more seats would take that away again. Keep them at the back and far away from the pitch.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived