BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New - Iphone 3gs

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also - Does anyone on here know how to create iPhone apps?? We need a Blackburn Rovers one - or maybe even a BRFCS one.

You know how to add shortcuts to the home screen? Just go to mobile.rovers.co.uk - and bookmark that.

Around me - Pinpoints your location and allows you to search for things nearby like Pubs, hospitals, restuarants etc..

Take...My Car - Pinpoints your car to the location you left it so you cant loose your car, unless it gets robbed.

Ocado - Price comparison website with all latest prices on

Also - Does anyone on here know how to create iPhone apps?? We need a Blackburn Rovers one - or maybe even a BRFCS one.

People actually spend money on a very very average phone for these sort of apps?

Around Me - basically Google Maps but crap

Take Me To My Car - anyone who needs a phone to find where their car is deserves it to be stolen in my eyes

Still got my Samsung Omnia 8GB with Windows Mobile which basically allows me to install what I want, where I want and when I want. Iphone is an Ipod with very basic phone features for a stupid price.

So you're seriously trying to say that windows mobile is better than the iphone OS... yeah right

If you'd at least tried to arge the case for google android you may have left with some credibility but....... Windows mobile!!!!

So you're seriously trying to say that windows mobile is better than the iphone OS... yeah right

If you'd at least tried to arge the case for google android you may have left with some credibility but....... Windows mobile!!!!

After seeing the Iphone software then yes I am. For christ sake they had to bring a new model of the phone out to get 3G!!

After seeing the Iphone software then yes I am. For christ sake they had to bring a new model of the phone out to get 3G!!

What? No they didn't ... They previous iPhone has 3G.. They new model is just quicker, longer batt life and some extra features..

Ricky. There is no need to argue. We know which is better. My previous phone was a samsung and it turned off everytime I tried to write a text. Samsung said that fell outside of the warranty.

R.e. 3G. One of the main Blackberry's doesn't have 3G yet is considered a great phone.

• 5 weeks later...

I had a go on one of these today and must admit it was better than I expected. As I'm due a new phone in a few months I'll add it to the list of possibilities.

One question for current users. Does the iPhone integrate / synchronise with Microsoft Outlook 2007? I'll be a touch surprised if does but here's hoping.

Lets put the Iphone into perspective.

My father is 65+ is a complete technophob, for years I have been trying to get him on-line I know how much he'd love it.

PC's, Laptops he's had them all but just can't get on with them. Pop ups scare him to death as does windows constant would you REALLY like to do this, crap. He thinks he's done something wrong. I've tried everything PC's for dummies, even a tutor, but alas dammed XP and Vista and especially office 2007 just confuse and scare him. You have to remember the TV wasn't around when my old man was growing up (thats for the schoolies, good bit of modern history for ya, 40's and 50's)

Anyway I digress. I went home Sunday to say hello and such and during one of our chats my father brought up the subject of google.

Now I think WTF google, you jump out of your seat when it starts up and bleeps, whats going on?

My father whipped out of his pocket the Iphone whatever, and precedes to show me all these cool things he's found and that I should use them. I had to sit down, I was blown away.

Yes Dad, that google is great I'll remember that one thanks. He's even sending Emails now.

IPHONE SO GREAT AND SIMPLE EVEN BIG FAT SAMS DAD CAN NOW SURF THE WEB!!!!!!!!

Beat that microsoft!!

Take...My Car - Pinpoints your car to the location you left it so you cant loose your car, unless it gets robbed.

WOW!!! Are you for real???? I am forever parking my car and forgetting where it is parked.

This has probably just sealed it for me as the new phone I am going to get.

My last worry now is someone has told me there is a chance that O2 might be losing exclusivity for Iphones at the start of October - Does anyone know about that?

Guest Kamy100

I doubt that they will be losing the exclusive for the Iphone, the way that apple work is that in each country they have one network which has the Iphone has exclusive, this way they can keep tailor marketing etc and have a consistent message, I don't think that Apple will deviate from this model.

Any good apps that anyone has found?

Skysports score centre is good

Pandorabox - list of all price drop apps & new ones added

Fakecaller - if you want to escape meetings/ or the wife ha ha

Flixster - reviews & trailers of all the latest movies

Iwoopie - Youtube downloader

Around me - list of closest around you (banks, pubs, restuarants, taxi etc etc)

Rumours have been around since Feb this year and nothing has happened so far. 02 might lose the next iphone, but not the 3GS one.

Hannah - Hughesy is right. There's a good chance O2 are going to lose their iPhone 3G deal, although will still have exclusive rights to the 3GS. Orange and T-Mob the favourites to take it on. Not sure how that will work though.

October 9th is the expected date. Not sure, but maybe that coincides with license renewal time for the Operators.

In short, its down to the iPhone having sh1te data speeds and frequent data network crashes, and was reported in the Telegraph a while back. No link, sorry.

Ah but does it have 60,000 apps.......

Who cares? If like all current Nokia handsets it supports Slingbox mobile (which Apple have chosen to restrict to wifi only rather than 3G) I won't ever need any crappy app!

Indeed Tris the N900 looks like a mighty fine phone.

A couple more links .... this is the best thing I've seen come to the market for ages.

N900

gizmodo review

I think I've only ever paid for one mobile handset, and that was in 1996 when John Lewis in Nottingham sold me something similar to the below for 25 quid and a monthly contract. However, I think I might be about to pay a couple of hundred notes for a N900.

472115091_cc293cf7b6_o.jpg

It's a bit off topic but saves a thread. I'm a big Nokia fan and with the exception of a short lived affair with an SPV (which was brilliant but not practical) have had Nokias for 15 years. I currently have a 6500 Slide which is OK. I'll be looking for a new phone shortly and want something with a bit more oomph! My requirements are, work means I'm constantly on the move, in car, on site etc. and use the phone out of office more than in:

Must have:

Lightweight in the pocket, slim not bulky

Quick and easy to use as a phone

Large screen

Easy to text

Bluetooth for in car handsfree

Integrates with Microsoft Outlook calendar and contacts

Web access with Wi Fi / 3G (not sure really!) but I need to connect my Tom Tom and handsfree at the same time. The handsfree is bluetooth and the Tom Tom will do Wi Fi

Easy to use e-mail

Would like:

Excel or OpenOffice Calc

Sat Nav for when I get lost on my bike

Cable connection with my laptop

Don't like:

Slide out QWETRY key boards as per the SPV. After a while in the pocket they become very "slidey" and also make the phone bulky

I quite liked the iPhone I played with the other day but I'm not fussed about all this app stuff or using my phone as an iPod / MP3 as I'm already having an affair with an iPod!!

My main concern about using an iPhone would be the onscreen keyboard - fat fingers!

Answers on a postcard please

I was going to suggest one of the E-Series, I have the E71 and it's great. However, it's Qwerty (not slide though) and probably not for the fat of handed. It's also quite wide (but slim), so you might not like that aspect of it either.

It's a great phone though!

You can multitask on it so I think the Tom-Tom stuff might be fine, although I'm honestly not sure. It does come with some Office Software (QuickOffice) but it's a bit basic. Document, Worksheet and Presentation are all there (Word, Excel and Powerpoint, obviously).

And it does have GPS, very handy it is too.

Archived