BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New - Iphone 3gs

Guest Kamy100

You won't void your warranty, all you need to do is backup your Iphone on Itunes before jailbreaking it, then if in the future you need to take it back to Apple, go to Itunes and hit restore button and it will restore it back to it's state before jailbreaking!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anybody on here have a problem near or inside ewood park on match days using internet on their iphone. I am always trying to use football centre but it doesnt work, neither does the internet. I guess its because of the amount of people etc. but guys in front of me with different phones can get on their internet (not sure of their network)

Was it specific to the West Ham game as O2 has come out and admitted their network was dead during the match last weekend.

I live at Ewood Park, and have no problem using my iPhone.

Incidentally I find the Sky Sports Centre app to be pretty poor. As pretty as it is, it always complains about a lack of network when its clear for all to see that there is one, the mobile masts are on the roof of the stands!

• 1 month later...

<b>Around me</b> - Pinpoints your location and allows you to search for things nearby like Pubs, hospitals, restuarants etc..

<b>Take...My Car</b> - Pinpoints your car to the location you left it so you cant loose your car, unless it gets robbed.

<b>Ocado</b> - Price comparison website with all latest prices on

Also - Does anyone on here know how to create iPhone apps?? We need a Blackburn Rovers one - or maybe even a BRFCS one.

I used something similar to "take my car" in florida. Park you car, let it record the position using GPS, take a position of the car/surrorunds and bingo, makes it much easier to find in a car park the site of disney.

Also, having read this thread, people are claiming to need to unlock their iPhones for all kinds of things you don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Having just managed to get all my music from an old laptop to an external hard drive and then access them via my school laptop I have finally got all my music onto my iphone. I just tried to plug my phone into my itrip in the car but it doesn't work. Is that because I bought it for my nano?

I want to be able to play my phone in the car through the radio (unless there is a better way) Which Itrip should I be looking at and what sort of price should I be playing?

Having just managed to get all my music from an old laptop to an external hard drive and then access them via my school laptop I have finally got all my music onto my iphone. I just tried to plug my phone into my itrip in the car but it doesn't work. Is that because I bought it for my nano?

I want to be able to play my phone in the car through the radio (unless there is a better way) Which Itrip should I be looking at and what sort of price should I be playing?

I bought a Venturi car kit from Costco...didn't work until I updated the iPhone to version 3.0. Now works fine. It's the one in this link but shop around:

http://www.datakits.co.uk/store/venturi-bluetooth-car-handsfree-kit-fm-transmiter-with-a2dp-p-5026.html

BTW - should we start a "Look What I Found for the iPhone" thread?

I have two different iTrips. My nano one is molded for the nano and physically won't fit on my iPhone, even if it did, it makes use of my nano's screen, so I've no idea if the iPhone would support it. The other is a more generic design, with the display on the iTrip itself and uses the headphone socket rather than the apple adapter, this one works fine on both my nano and my iPhone (and presumably any device with a headphone socket).

I bought a Venturi car kit from Costco...didn't work until I updated the iPhone to version 3.0. Now works fine. It's the one in this link but shop around:

http://www.datakits.co.uk/store/venturi-bluetooth-car-handsfree-kit-fm-transmiter-with-a2dp-p-5026.html

BTW - should we start a "Look What I Found for the iPhone" thread?

In the meantime (having taken the time to trawl back through this!!!) here's my current favourites:

HarborMaster - addictive game and brilliant example of touch screen technology

i-Spy Football Stuff - new game for "spotting" Premier League shirts and car kits

TubeMap - good interactive tube map and planner ... not used planner yet though.

WordWarp - kills time making up words from 6 letters

For those who use in car goodies for your ipods - is it FM transmitters your using?

I use one....but it always get interrupted by rude radio channels - anyone get the same problem? Or is it because the one iv got is rubbish?!!

The owner of 2 houses i'm building completely at random turned up and gave me an unlocked 3gs 2 months ago, been handing them out to his employees as bonuses had 1 left. Told me not to update on itunes as it will lock the phone, i duly took my brain out and updated 2 days later rendering the phone semi useless and been making excuses along the lines of its to valuable to bring to work ever since, bit rude to say i broke an £800 present within 2 days.................some clever so and so has figured out how to unlock it again and hopefully i'll have a fully functioning phone by the end of the week and can figure out if this phone is any good. Sure the fella thinks i've sold it!

The owner of 2 houses i'm building completely at random turned up and gave me an unlocked 3gs 2 months ago, been handing them out to his employees as bonuses had 1 left. Told me not to update on itunes as it will lock the phone, i duly took my brain out and updated 2 days later rendering the phone semi useless and been making excuses along the lines of its to valuable to bring to work ever since, bit rude to say i broke an £800 present within 2 days.................some clever so and so has figured out how to unlock it again and hopefully i'll have a fully functioning phone by the end of the week and can figure out if this phone is any good. Sure the fella thinks i've sold it!

Doh! Yeah phones can be jailbroken again and again now... I know a few places that do it!

I know a few places that do it!

Please don't give these moochers who make cash off the back of others hard work, 10 minutes on google and you can do it yourself.

I wont break our own rules about linking to questionable content, but a quick google for redsn0w (and then ultrasn0w) should give you the info you need. No special hardware or cables etc needed, just a PC, an iphone and your normal apple pc connection cable.

The question is, WHY does it need unlocking ? If it's just to run none apple approved apps, then all is peachy (thats why I unlock mine), but it should still "work" after an upgrade (you just lose the ability to run none apple approved apps). If it's to use a third party sim, then consider why ? The only phones I've come across needing baseband unlock to work, are ones where they were purchased on contract, but the contract isn't being paid (or in my case, when one was fraudulently purchased using my credit card details).

Please don't give these moochers who make cash off the back of others hard work, 10 minutes on google and you can do it yourself.

I wont break our own rules about linking to questionable content, but a quick google for redsn0w (and then ultrasn0w) should give you the info you need. No special hardware or cables etc needed, just a PC, an iphone and your normal apple pc connection cable.

The question is, WHY does it need unlocking ? If it's just to run none apple approved apps, then all is peachy (thats why I unlock mine), but it should still "work" after an upgrade (you just lose the ability to run none apple approved apps). If it's to use a third party sim, then consider why ? The only phones I've come across needing baseband unlock to work, are ones where they were purchased on contract, but the contract isn't being paid (or in my case, when one was fraudulently purchased using my credit card details).

needed unlocking because by updating it i unintentionally changed the baseband to 5.11.07 which up until a week ago seemed to be deemed unbreakable as far as unlocking goes........i knew nothing of mobile phone jargon until i messed this phone up but after many hours of trawling the internet for answers i now have a thorough education in such matters.......a new unlock code was released today and after a 5 second download i no have a fully functioning iphone 3gs phone working on 3 mobile. Phone is far, far too delicate to have around building sites though...think its just going to collect dust anyway i'm happier with very basic cheap phones that can take a beating.

Archived